7 Aura EB Summoner:

what I really like of this build is that you can use it for team parties, just by:

- dropping the zombies
- maybe leaving the skellies for bosses
- adding elemental equilibrium for increased debuff
- adding an arc totem and static blows for increased shock
ign: GotZappedForFree
Harbinger Store - Baalat's Harbie Shopie https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1931620
Does mana reduction gems actually reduce the mana reserve cost on the aura?
yes
"
lllll8lllll wrote:

Biggest weakness of summoner is the lack of good AoE, you can improve this by getting LMP Specters but this is not great. So your summons surrounding one target quickly to kill it and moving to the next target is the most effective way of killing. The faster they can surround the better.

Raise a few Flame Sentinels from Solaris Temple as spectres and you'll have plenty of AOE!
If you have whispers of doom (permanent curses) you can keep the curses on your alternate weapons, cast them, hit x to switch back and the curse won't go away. Free's up a couple gem slots in exchange for 3 passives. Given how useful slots are I think it's well worth the investment.
I'm working on a summoner, and was planning a build pretty similar to this. Nice to see that it'll actually work out, normal difficulty has been rough.

Any thoughts on taking the 5% reduced mana reserved nodes - something like this? Do you know if the extra 20% reduction would let you run another percentage mana reserved aura? Probably not better than the curse option, but I'm curious if it's possible.
1: Reduced Mana Lv20: 71% Multiplier.
2: Mana% Talents are better then Mana Reserve.
3: You need Roughly close to 5500 Mana to run 8 Auras

So keeping those 3 points in mind i think 8 Aura is possible; but you need to increase your mana pool

A: You need a build like this >> Click <<
B: You need Full ES armor with following mods, Hp/Mp/ES
C: You need to Link your Aura's to Reduced Mana support gem. Which means your chest 6L will become your aura piece. IE: Helm Zombies, Gloves Specters, Boots Skeletons. Shield+1H and Chest need to be for Aura and must have reduced mana gem.

TL;DR: 8 Auras will be possible but you can only reach that with good items. The build will no longer be a lv80 build as result of this.
Last edited by lllll8lllll on Feb 6, 2013, 2:01:08 PM
Ok i need advices about my skill choices:

Current skilltree (pretty standard i guess):

Final skilltree: (yes i know its 111, but this might give u a glance of my "goal"):

and i have few questions related to final bulid:

1. Is it worth to focus on all that +Mana% passives? (Notice: no EB!, i kinda like ES and its protection).

2. Will all those mana passives will be enough to run anger/hatred/wrath/discipline/clarity/purity, im aiming to level all of em to lvl 20, except clarity if my mp regen will be enough.

3. I have MANY +str nodes like Fitness or Might -> to meet str requirements of anger/IIQ so that i could max it. But is it worth it? At lvl 17 anger gives 39–65 fire dmg additionally, isnt it CRAP in end game?

4. I noticed that skelly for -50% ele damage. How does it work? I mean if my skeletons got damage of:
X
and adding fire dmg from anger (Fa): i got:
X + Fa
and including that 50% of ele damage my skeleton resulting damage is:
TOTAL DAMAGE = (X + Fa) * 50% <- that would be hell of a "not cool"
or
TOTAL DAMAGE = X + Fa* 50%

5. Hatred: this skill drives me crazy -> high mana reserved, is it better to try maximize mana through passives (current "final" skilltree) or try to grab those reduced mana reserve passives near marauder axe passives & between templar start point and Resolute Technique? Or maybe just skip the Hatred Aura? But ... since i was aiming for high STR, i could have used sceptre with +increased Phys dmg, what could really BOOST that Hatred (it bases on my physical damage)

6. Is it worth to rush faaaaar to the Body and Soul near Templar start or just stick to big ES ring below witch start? (kinda loosing some armor and elemental resists, but its a FAR way and the skillpoints are limited)

7. Since im not using many auras for myself, is Inner Force worth picking?

8. Does Faster attacks support gem influences minions atk speed?

9. Added Fire damage support gem will work for minons?

Can i count on some helpful tips?
Last edited by kaziuko on Feb 6, 2013, 3:32:36 PM
My build:
Talent Points: 100
Dex: 74
Str: 174
Int: 250
Increased Maximum Life: 258%
Effective: 258%

Your Build:
Talent Points: 111
Dex: 74
Str: 164
Int: 340
Increased Maximum Life: 78%
Increased Maximum ES: 137%
Energy Shield: 68%
Effective: 78+137+68 = 283%

Before i answer your questions let me ask you this, is 30% more effective health worth losing on Auras and spending 11 more skill points?

Answers:
1: if you dont go EB then you need to raise your mana in order to run the 6 Auras that you want; So yes you will need them.

2: I think you will be able to run those 6 Aura's but not at low levels. you really need +MP items.

3: See with my build i had no choice i had to solo level, I needed to make the minions stronger, so it had to be done. With your build you are trying to evaluate if the X is worth the cost and that is personal thing, i can not answer it for you. you can hunt with and without X and see if that is something you want after seeing how it actually effects your minions. For me like i said it was easy choice since no matter the cost i wanted more damage.

4: " I noticed that skelly for -50% ele damage" I don't understand what you are asking here.

5: For my build when i did some theory-crafting, Mana% was better since i had over all more mana then your build but for you i think Mana Reserve% might be better since you wont have that much mana but i cant tell for sure unless i know how much mana you have or will have.

6: During Closed beta, the cluster near Templar was 8% Energy shield while the cluster near witch was 6% energy shield so everyone picked the cluster near Templar. but now during Open beta; the cluster near the witch is also 8% energy shield so they are the same unless you want armor.

7: In my build i wanted 80-85% resist since every 1% after 83% lowers the amount of damage you take by loads. Since you are not going for elemental adaptation (which i tend to do in my build) then no you wont need inner force since this is not applied to your minions.

Last edited by lllll8lllll on Feb 6, 2013, 3:59:40 PM
Wow, thx for really good description and detailed answer.

4. somehow i guess part of my sentences got cut, maybe by some "reedition" mistakes.
What i meant: Summon skeleton skill has property: Minions deal 50% less elemental damage.

So (ASSUMING) that my Skeleton deals 100 Damage, and applying Anger would result in:

(lets say level 17 Anger with bonus of: 39–65 fire dmg additionally abbreviated further as "Fa")

As a result of this 50% elemental damage decrease skeleton would deal:

a) Total damage = (100 + Fa)*50%
b) Total damage = 100 + Fa*50%

Dont have a clue, and that is kinda imporant ;p
----------------------------------------------------

Generally i made some tests of minion damage and as far as i am concerned, all those auras are truly crappy, and i was hoping that maybe you as a experienced player maybe could "unveil" their benefits that might "kick in" in end game levels. But since minions rarely proc freezing and other elemental "status" like buring/shock (or maybe they do not proc it at all, im kinda supporting them with frost nova and i might just notice my own "crits & procs").

Im really wondering if it is worth to pump up STR to grab high phys sceptre and get some "fat" hatred damage bonus. Still having doubts;p

6. Not picking Body and Soul(2 nodes) im also loosing 10% ele resist (in each node), this was the reason why i took it instead of huge ES ring below witch starting point.

8. Does Faster attacks support gem influences minions atk speed?

9. Added Fire damage support gem will work for minons?
Last edited by kaziuko on Feb 6, 2013, 4:33:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info