7 Aura EB Summoner:

Introduction:
Spoiler
During Closed beta i tested just about everything i could test and was leaning toward making a Ranger but my PC couldn't handle the amount of skill animations that were being casted in groups . So when Open Beta came out i had a choice to make, A) do i want to group play and FPS lag all day or B) solo play and have no issues what so ever.

I choose option B) and after that i had to come up with a build that did very good solo, without depending on really good gear to work.

Passive Tree Build:
Spoiler
Click This to see the build. I choose this build since it is extremely safe and can work without good items.

Other Information That you may need to know.
Q: Why Eldritch Battery?
Spoiler
A: This goes back to my PC problem, i cant group play so i had to make my minions stronger than other summoner builds in order to give my self faster killing speed. The only way that this could do done is by stacking more Aura on the base line summoner class. Finally in order to have 6-7 Auras up at any given time then EB is needed.

Q: Which Auras do you use?
Spoiler
A: I broke down the Auras in two groups, (Need and Want)
Need: Wrath, Anger, Discipline, Clarity, Grace.
Want: Purity, Hatred, Haste, Determination, Vitality.

The set of skills in group [Need] were always chosen. But only 2 skills from group [Want] Can be chosen. Right now i use Purity and Haste since i don't have max resist without purity but once i do get better items, i plan on going with Hatred and Haste.

Q: When can i run 7 Auras?
Spoiler
A: To begin with, you can not have all 7 auras up. Depending on your Mana you might be able to do this sooner then me, but i was able to do this at LV17 Reduced Mana + Lv17 Discipline. Before this point i was running 6 Auras.

Q: Should i pick 8% Mana or 8% ES on passive tree?
Spoiler
A: IF you do reach lv80 and want to increase your Mana base for any reason. pick up %Mana keystones. They give you over all more.

Q: What is next after Lv80?
Spoiler
A: At this point your options are
1)Since you already have 258% maximum life; Stacking more life wont do much but still a good option.
2) You can go for Elemental Adaptation, This Keystone + Lv20 Purity + Inner Focus keystone = 85% Resist. This is what i am thinking of doing.
3) Work on your attacking skill. With this build you use X skill to tell your minions which target to kill. So you can work on making that X skill stronger in some ways. X = Any skill that you want it to be.
4) Double Curse route, the second curse will add either survivability with temporal chain or more damage with punishment. Personally i am going for this double curse route after elemental Adaptation and i will use Punishment as my 2nd curse.

Q: Which skill do you use to Order an Attack?
Spoiler
A: I personally like Fire Storm. it is AoE so it can be done from behind walls and doors. To tell the truth i hardly ever cast this. my minions kill targets so fast that i just need to walk. Minion AI is not good and sometimes they just walk around and wont hit the targets in narrow gaps. that is the only time i order an attack with casting skill.

Q: How did you level early on 1-20?
Spoiler
A: I leveled as pure caster witch and ignored minions. At low levels the minions are utterly rubbish; they die as fast as you can summon them. I had the gems socket-ed in to my items but i just didn't use the skills. Around lv25 is good time to start using them. The hardest part of making summoner is the early levels; This part of game goes by very fast.

Q: When should i pick MI?
Spoiler
A: i picked it around lv35 and my build was like this . You want to ignore minion damage% keystones early game, since they dont do much for you early on.

Q: Which curse to choose?
Spoiler
A: Enfeeble is a must have but if you choose to go the double curse route after level 80, then you can add either temporal chain or punishment. I personally like punishment.

Q: How do you cast your Summon Skeleton?
Spoiler
A: I have mine linked to a Spell totem so it is done automatically after i cast a totem. IMO this is the best way and just about every summoner dose the same.

Q: Should i take Necromantic Aegis?
Spoiler
A: This keystone is not good, IMO developers need to improve or change NA to make it more beneficial to summoner builds.

Q: Why did you pick 2x +30 Dex Key-stones?
Spoiler
A: The stats requirement for the Full Dex Aura's have changed since closed beta and they are no longer 115 Dex for LV20 Skill. If you can buy Astramentis or can reach the requirement then you do not need those two points and can refund them to spend on something else.

Q: What did you choose for Act2 bandit rewards?
Spoiler
A: i got the skill point every time. but getting HP on normal, skill point on cruel and skill point on merciless is a good option too since you have 250% HP.

Suggestions:
By Vantana:
Spoiler
Early part of the tree can be done in two ways.

Method 1:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBVysHY3NTwFR5Awj0i3qnK-L3MYg74W0Z

Method 2:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBVysHY3NTwFR5Awj0MYg74W0ZEVC71g==

When leveling, i had Method 1 pattern but once Mana was not issue (around lv74) i change to method 2 and saved one skill point. I think everyone else should do the same. you will have plenty of refund skill from quest to do this.

By asxetos and Unimatrix:
Spoiler
In order to get MI faster, you can go to left from EB by spending 5 points and then refunding it later on when you complete the U shape at the bottom of the tree.

By Unimatrix:
Spoiler
vulnerability curse, should work out nicely with this build to improve the damage even more.
Last edited by lllll8lllll on Feb 4, 2013, 1:30:56 PM
the only problem i see with this is that you don't get MI until VERY VERY VERY LATE game and mI is the bread and butter to summoners
Zerodyme_Witch (Best Summoner Ever)
"
the only problem i see with this is that you don't get MI until VERY VERY VERY LATE game and mI is the bread and butter to summoners

You will have MI around lv35 This was my rough build at that point.

You can ignore minion damage keystone early on and work on their life since their damage will not go up by loads.

EDITED: i will edit the original post and mention this there.
Last edited by lllll8lllll on Feb 3, 2013, 7:45:35 PM
I always wanted to do an EB summoner as well.

I would probably skip a couple of the middle HP nodes and try to grab double curse instead (gives you survivability as well, if you use Enfeeble or Temporal Chains) but apart from that, it's looking very good.

"

If you are totally desperate to get it, you can make your way northwest from EB. Depending if you get perma/double curse or not, you waste 5 or even just 3 points that you can simply refund later.
Last edited by Unimatrix on Feb 3, 2013, 7:34:01 PM
i originally didnt want EB, but seeing your post, made me modify my planned build to end up with this:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBBLMHYwj0DH0QfxCXEdsUTRSwFm8ZhRo4Gmwc3CQ8JKonqSj6KU8qmDGINuk4GzowOtg64TvhQYdEBEZxRtdI50lRTblN2FXGVytabVqRXcZgbWKsaqxr220Zc1N5A3q4fIN9GH_Ggh6Cx4M4hWCIQIjxi3qMdo9GkDOQVZMnlSCboZ2Ana6hbaIAoqOmV6aspwinK6dcp4SofayYrpO0DLUEuJO8n7-XwFTB88Ntxp7JPcy8zfrPZdDQ0_vUGdad2QvbC93z4vfjauOf5CLr7uwY7Djsiu988h731_qA

right now i'm at this and will need to use the free respec points:

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBBLMHYxEtFE0ZhRo4Gmwkqij6KU8qmDbpOthGcUbXTdhXK1qRXcZgbWqsa9tzU3yDgseDOIhAjHaOvpAzksGTJ5UgnYCdrqIApqynCKeEqH20DLUEuJO_l8k9zfrT-9kL3fPfsONq5CLr7uw473zyHvqA

the lack of MI isnt bothering me much, they last longer for me to spam firestorm

what do you think of my build so far?
Last edited by Kan on Feb 3, 2013, 7:42:57 PM
"
Unimatrix wrote:
I always wanted to do an EB summoner as well.

I would probably skip a couple of the middle HP nodes and try to grab double curse instead (gives you survivability as well, if you use Enfeeble or Temporal Chains) but apart from that, it's looking very good.

I forgot to talk about curses. i will go back and edit the original post to include this information.

Enfeeble is a must have; but beside that one there are two other curses which are good. punishment and temporal chain; I am undecided between those two.

Right now for Lv66 maps all i do is just run by monsters, curse them once with enfeeble. 1-2sec later they will die. it is very fast and i don't think 2nd curse is even needed.

But for end act bosses that just out right own your pets like piety in act3 and leave you with no way of summoning more zombies. i think 2nd curse will be good.

Her Archer ice form kills all your pets fast and only Skeletons with their death creates your damage. So temporal chain slows attacking speed, This in turn makes your skeletons die slower, which in turn make the killing of the boss slower.

That is why i am leaning toward punishment for 2nd curse. Anything that kills your minions will take extra damage. Sometime you need your minions to die otherwise there wont be no damage. Personally i like punishment more and i am thinking of getting double curse after Elemental Adaptation.
I played 3 summoners up to the 70th in CB but my first attempt in OB was abandoned in act3 normal. I was really concerned about the scaling of pets (since the notes actually said, they wanted to buff them low lvl and slightly nerf them high lvl) and your post finally gives me hope. If you're satisfied with the dmg without any offensive curse present, that says a lot.

Funny, it almost seems in OB the answer to fix all builds is to go EB and stack auras :P

I still think you would benefit from a vulnerability curse. Auras or not, minions still deal mostly physical dmg and that gets boosted quite nicely with vulnerability.

I haven't even tried punishment yet, but I can see this could work.

€: Btw, you do use skeletons on a totem, right? It's standard but you might want to add it to your guide.
Last edited by Unimatrix on Feb 3, 2013, 9:13:26 PM
My summoner is 60 at the moment and I was thinking that stacking auras and curses would probably be a better move overall than trying to boost some sort of direct dps spell with my remaining points, so thanks for this guide!

One question I have though- Do you level all your auras as high as you can or do you keep some of them at a lower level to keep their mana cost down?
"
Unimatrix wrote:
you do you skeletons on a totem, right? It's standard but you might want to add it to your guide.

Yes my skeletons are linked to Spell Totem. Thank you for pointing it out, i will add that.

"
Kan wrote:
what do you think of my build so far?

I Removed most of the skill that are not worth taking IMO for two reasons.

1: you wont need that much resist.
2: you wont need that much mana.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBB2MI9Ax9EH8QlxSwFm8ZhRo4Gmwc3CQ8JKonqSj6KU8qmDGINuk6MDrYOuE74UGHRARGcUjnSVFNuU3YVcZXK1ptWpFirGqsa9ttGXNTeQN6uHyDfRh_xoIegseFYIhAiPGLeox2j0aQM5BVkyeVIJuhna6hbaKjplemrKcIpyunXKeEqH2smK6TtAy4k7yfv5fAVMHzxp7JPcy8zfrPZdDQ0_vUGdad2QvbC-L342rjn-Qi6-7sOOyK8h731_qA

"
suprfli6 wrote:
Do you level all your auras as high as you can or do you keep some of them at a lower level to keep their mana cost down?

Level them as soon as you can.

Last edited by lllll8lllll on Feb 4, 2013, 12:21:57 AM
At the start after the first health nodes wouldn't it be better to go around the other way to get Arcane Focus and the two 8% ES nodes? You'd gain 26% ES and lose 20% ES recovery which I thought would do nothing to help with EB (correct me if I'm wrong).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info