[1.3.0 HC] Zaun's Level 100 Blood Magic Dual Crit Flame Totem (Atziri HC Capable, 200k+ shotgun dps)

"
"
The Shocked status ailment now provides a 50% increase in damage taken, but no longer stacks.

Is there any changes you would make because of this upcoming change to shock?

I'm no expert, but after actually looking up Shock mechanics on this site: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shock

I think less priority in casting speed, and there has to be more for crit and crit multi to make up for it. The new Shock status only applies once, but goes up from 30% to 50% in that 1 application. Though seeing as it no longer stacks 3 times reaching as high as 90%, the damage I guess plateaus a bit more and bursts a bit less.

It's more or less a nerf to higher HP mobs like rares and bosses, but does better in killing normal mobs and even blues.
Last edited by reciprocate on Aug 11, 2014, 12:11:45 AM
Can confirm, this is a NiceBuild™
IGN: Aphromatic
==> www.twitch.tv/aphromatic <==
PM me if you have any questions!
Hi, I am a player from garena hence I am unable to link any gear. I would like to ask what's your general playstyle? My totems die extremely fast to fast hitting attacks such as tentacle miscreations and chimeras, do you have any experience in dealing with them? But my gem is only 17/20 so I hope it can get better. Sitting at 5.2k dps on a 6L infernal mantle with 7 charges, dual wand and 3.9k hp and 900ish es(not sure how that's relevant but oh well). Have yet to get a lot of the crit nodes but I must say that the damage is superb. Hope you can address the gameplay question, and thanks for posting your awesome build! :)
^level 73

Passive tree at 76, I have 37.5% chance to crit on my flame totem hence I decided to drop static blows as everything was getting shocked anyways.

Stats with Level 17 Flame Totem and 7 Power Charges

Crit Chance : 37.5%
Crit Mult : 564%
DPS on GMP(With flask): 6027.6(6688.2)

Res are 77/76/78

4401 life + 941 es

PDR with Granite is 33%, w/o is like 6%...?

Gear for reference, rings could use a blessed orb or two...

http://web.poe.garena.com/forum/view-thread/3360
Last edited by startingova on Aug 11, 2014, 10:11:49 AM
Decided to try a Romira's since I got my Marauder to 60. Sadly as I expected it doesn't give power charges when the totem attacks. Though can still use other spells like Arc or whatever and get charges there.
"
reciprocate wrote:
Decided to try a Romira's since I got my Marauder to 60. Sadly as I expected it doesn't give power charges when the totem attacks. Though can still use other spells like Arc or whatever and get charges there.

GMP+Ice Spear+Power Charge on Crit

You're welcome :P
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
"
startingova wrote:
Hi, I am a player from garena hence I am unable to link any gear. I would like to ask what's your general playstyle? My totems die extremely fast to fast hitting attacks such as tentacle miscreations and chimeras, do you have any experience in dealing with them? But my gem is only 17/20 so I hope it can get better. Sitting at 5.2k dps on a 6L infernal mantle with 7 charges, dual wand and 3.9k hp and 900ish es(not sure how that's relevant but oh well). Have yet to get a lot of the crit nodes but I must say that the damage is superb. Hope you can address the gameplay question, and thanks for posting your awesome build! :)
^level 73

Passive tree at 76, I have 37.5% chance to crit on my flame totem hence I decided to drop static blows as everything was getting shocked anyways.

Stats with Level 17 Flame Totem and 7 Power Charges

Crit Chance : 37.5%
Crit Mult : 564%
DPS on GMP(With flask): 6027.6(6688.2)

Res are 77/76/78

4401 life + 941 es

PDR with Granite is 33%, w/o is like 6%...?

Gear for reference, rings could use a blessed orb or two...

http://web.poe.garena.com/forum/view-thread/3360

I think the only advice to give here, is to keep an open eye on your totems, and try to think strategically where to place them so its unlikely that both of them will die at the same time.

Alternate that process and be ready to replace them as soon you placed them from a mindset perspective.
Other then that, Levels on Flame totem add a good chunk of life total, so I wouldnt worry to much about it for now. It gets noticably better.
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
reciprocate wrote:

I went Incinerate, Faster Casting, LMP with Romira's. Keeps my charges up really easily. Works perfectly with Romira's since Incinerate can't seem to crit.
Last edited by reciprocate on Aug 11, 2014, 11:15:23 PM
"
reciprocate wrote:
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
reciprocate wrote:

I went Incinerate, Faster Casting, LMP with Romira's. Keeps my charges up really easily. Works perfectly with Romira's since Incinerate can't seem to crit.

I don't think sacrificing a ring slot just to easily keep your chargers up is not worth it. Ice spear is still the better alternative in my opinion.
Last edited by startingova on Aug 12, 2014, 8:24:45 AM
Updated post with a screenshot & video. Added some miscellaneous other details too.
IGN: @GreggZaun
"
startingova wrote:
I don't think sacrificing a ring slot just to easily keep your chargers up is not worth it. Ice spear is still the better alternative in my opinion.

It's optional, and I do admit I lose quite a bit of more survivability stats if I use a Romira's. I've tried GMP, Spell Echo, PCoC, Ice Spear so far and it's a bit hard to get crits unless your base crit is well over 30% (mine is 12% atm). Essentially when getting much better gear and a higher baseline crit amount, that would do a better job using GMP PCoC Ice Spear.

"
Zaunn wrote:
Updated post with a screenshot & video. Added some miscellaneous other details too.

Do you think 3 Dragons will still be needed post-patch with the upcoming Shock nerf? Seeing as shock stacking will no longer be doable and only 1 application of shock. A couple of points in passive to Static Blows and Chance to Shock along with what I suggested previously in the thread of using a quality Added Lightning damage gem to increase shock chance. Even though optimally that would give about 30% chance to shock on hit, it really only needs to be done once per target.

If so, I guess one decent alternative helm to replace 3 Dragons may be Rat's Nest since it comes with Crit, Rarity, and movement speed. That or replace the helm with something to give the player more survivability.
Last edited by reciprocate on Aug 13, 2014, 1:57:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info