[1.3.0 HC] Zaun's Level 100 Blood Magic Dual Crit Flame Totem (Atziri HC Capable, 200k+ shotgun dps)

Thanks, that helps a lot.
"
drob3y wrote:
unless im skipping something, you might have forgotten to list your bandit choices...
thnx

most likely oak - kill all - alira
IGN: Yeph
"
cGramma wrote:
"
drob3y wrote:
unless im skipping something, you might have forgotten to list your bandit choices...
thnx

Agreed, this was what I was thinking and am going as well for my marauder using this build.
"
cGramma wrote:
"
drob3y wrote:
thnx

Yeah that is correct. Will add to build.
IGN: @GreggZaun
When running a 6L, how useful would added lightning damage (especially a quality one since each quality % adds 0.5% chance to shock) for this setup? I figure the lightning damage + shock capability with a quality gem and crit on The Three Dragons can chill or even freeze enemies right?
The Infernal Mantle + dual void batteries sounds like my type of gameplay :P I have found myself bored with totem builds, but this sounds pretty cool.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Heya Zaun, during your race to 100, how often do you find yourself using lightning warp to travel, or do you spam your quicksilvers with 30% movement mostly? with only int armor and no shield, you'd be zipping so fast from mobs to mobs. And with how often icespear refills flask, I'd like to save on skillgems and do something more productive like an enhanced vaal haste extend duration setup.

Or to everyone else for that matter, how often do you lightning warp?
"
reciprocate wrote:
When running a 6L, how useful would added lightning damage (especially a quality one since each quality % adds 0.5% chance to shock) for this setup? I figure the lightning damage + shock capability with a quality gem and crit on The Three Dragons can chill or even freeze enemies right?

After I saw your post I was intrigued and went and tried it with my Settup to test it.

Damage tooltip comparison: 6520~ with added chaos (20/20)
5660~ with added Lightning (19/20)

The following are experiences from Solo Play:

Shockchance addition of added lightning wasnt noticable. Usually Non rares get shocked fast and killed fast by the crits themselves. On Bosses the shock through Crit is the only componenent that is capable of shocking. Shock Duration increase might be usefull in bigger parties but its hard to tell.

Concerning the Freezing - Basically ~80-90% of the whites and blues get either shortly frozen or just shatter on death.
Rares got Frozen only occasionally on those with small life pool.
Can`t imagine that the freeze will work in group play when it comes to bosses or rares.

Shattering the trash might be usefull or an annoyance depending on where you are or with what party members you play.

So basically it works to a certain extend.
I`d rate it as a utility swap for the freeze if you feel like it considering that it costs you a lot of damage and for that purpose the Quality is irrelevant.
"
Tyranastrasz wrote:
"
reciprocate wrote:

After I saw your post I was intrigued and went and tried it with my Settup to test it.

Damage tooltip comparison: 6520~ with added chaos (20/20)
5660~ with added Lightning (19/20)

The following are experiences from Solo Play:

Shockchance addition of added lightning wasnt noticable. Usually Non rares get shocked fast and killed fast by the crits themselves. On Bosses the shock through Crit is the only componenent that is capable of shocking. Shock Duration increase might be usefull in bigger parties but its hard to tell.

Concerning the Freezing - Basically ~80-90% of the whites and blues get either shortly frozen or just shatter on death.
Rares got Frozen only occasionally on those with small life pool.
Can`t imagine that the freeze will work in group play when it comes to bosses or rares.

Shattering the trash might be usefull or an annoyance depending on where you are or with what party members you play.

So basically it works to a certain extend.
I`d rate it as a utility swap for the freeze if you feel like it considering that it costs you a lot of damage and for that purpose the Quality is irrelevant.

Thanks for testing that out. Shame it does lower DPS, but I guess it's not a surprise as Added Chaos provides really high damage overall. I think a different variant of this build may be keeping the Added Lightning Damage gem (quality may probably not be useful, who knows), and dual wielding Doryani's Catalysts. This provides upwards of 200% elemental damage, crit multi, and 2% Elemental Damage life steal (which goes into the totems I figure, so they stay alive longer), and a little cast speed increase. Keeping Added Lightning since Added Chaos probably doesn't apply to elemental damage last I checked. So it gains no benefit there.

That and getting 2 Doryani's (even high rolled ones) are a lot cheaper than getting a 6L 2H weapon of almost any sort or 2 even 2 Void Batteries. This does force the player to have their 6 gems on chest though, so can't use Kaom's.
Last edited by reciprocate on Aug 10, 2014, 9:57:03 PM
"
The Shocked status ailment now provides a 50% increase in damage taken, but no longer stacks.

Is there any changes you would make because of this upcoming change to shock?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info