Grim Dawn is actually better than PoE

I'm pleasantly surprised. I haven't seen any real flames or trolling yet. Respect.
One feature from grim dawn that I love is how enemies actually wield the gear they drop. Proves for interesting game mechanics as all the prefixs/suffixes apply to the enemy just as they would to you.
"
Scotchfist wrote:
One feature from grim dawn that I love is how enemies actually wield the gear they drop. Proves for interesting game mechanics as all the prefixs/suffixes apply to the enemy just as they would to you.

This is true in most cases. Enemies can both drop the items that they are using and also items that they aren't using. Otherwise some mobs wouldn't drop any items since they can't equip them.

The items enemies equip range to anything, broken (which can't be picked up but can sometimes be seen), common, magic, rare, monster infrequent items, epic and perhaps even legendary items (which aren't in the game yet since they drop at level 50).

Really neat feature for sure, one in which there is a thread that shows quite a few cool examples of it's use: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15408

My favorite of them is this picture: http://i.imgur.com/phrqesL.jpg
Ice Revenant Hero "Chillheart" wielding Flamebrand.

Too bad about the title of this thread, kinda demeaning.
Any news when Grim Dawn will be fully released? I am really interested, but I try to stay away from early access stuff.
"
kruemel2222 wrote:
Any news when Grim Dawn will be fully released? I am really interested, but I try to stay away from early access stuff.

Estimated release date would be mid 2015. It will definitely be released 2015 if the release goes over the estimated release date.

However it seems that development is progressing quite well since the last build/patch was released late December when it was estimated to be released late January.
"
DeMasked wrote:
"
kruemel2222 wrote:

Estimated release date would be mid 2015. It will definitely be released 2015 if the release goes over the estimated release date.

However it seems that development is progressing quite well since the last build/patch was released late December when it was estimated to be released late January.

Thanks
The only thing I liked about the game is the engine and UI, but I strongly dislike those that are by-the-numbers.
Last edited by Samkiud on Jan 30, 2015, 9:03:13 PM
This wildly biased and innaccurate post doesn't even justify a rebuttal, or any discussion, really. Instead, let me highlight the key distinction between the two games.

PoE is paradise for intense gamers who like depth, challenge, economy and endless variety and customization.
Grim dawn, although new, appears to cater to more casual gamers, who dont want to put as much thought or effort into their gaming (not judging).

So we really dont need to argue about which game is better, do we? Just go play the game that's right for you. And dont post about other games on PoE forums. Thanks.
"
Largefarva wrote:

PoE is paradise for intense gamers who like depth, challenge, economy and endless variety and customization.
Grim dawn, although new, appears to cater to more casual gamers, who dont want to put as much thought or effort into their gaming (not judging).

So we really dont need to argue about which game is better, do we? Just go play the game that's right for you. And dont post about other games on PoE forums. Thanks.

I think what you are trying to describe about Grim Dawn, is actually Diablo 3. Grim Dawn actually has some depths, not as much as PoE. Grim Dawn may not have endless variety and customization atm, however, they will eventually be more option via modding or when Crate releases more expansion, but will still be below PoE in this department (if you exclude Uber Atziri).

Off-topic is here so we can post about other games, and other topics that is not closely related to PoE. This type of topic of course can possibly breed flaming, because they are players out there that are religiously dedicated to one game or the other. While it is nice to compare each game, trying to figure out which is better is only asking for trouble and show signs of insecurity.

I personally find both PoE and Grim Dawn to fit my ARPG dosage. Both have their pros and cons, but as long as I can have that gritty feel from either one, and have a decent amount of customization, I can live with the cons.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Feb 18, 2015, 4:21:09 PM
I cant get into Grim Dawn. Ive tried so many times, I really want to like it. But I don't. Its so dull..

Depth..really?

I don't see it.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info