Grim Dawn is actually better than PoE

"
Grim Dawn is maturing very well as a ARPG game.

- Crafting is actually pretty cool and they got it right from the start.
- No desync
- You can progress through the entire game without trading
- No stupid overpowered items like shavronne's wrappings, aegis or vaal pact gloves.
- Well rolled rares are stronger than uniques
- No legacy items
- Better itemization
- Actual good items on the vendor
- No lag
- No RMT
- No ugly microtransactions
- No poe.xyz
- Good drop rates for solo self found play
- No reliance on trading to use your skills

Yay for Grim Dawn. It beats PoE hands down.

How can you even compare the two games? PoE is a online only ladder/league/race based ARPG, not a single player game. I don't get why people don't understand this. Stop playing in only standard maybe? Try some races, or to get on the ladder in BL?

I'm sure grimdawn is a great game, but it needs to be compared against games like Titan Quest, not PoE.
"
Alea wrote:

well, not sure if that great

What didn't you like about it? Besides the noob player.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Can't judge this game based on a YouTube link really. I bought this game long before but did not play it until recently, and quite frankly I played it because I paid for it and I was waiting for Diablo for PS4 to arrive. My Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition is still wrapped up and I don't know what to do with it. It's a great game and you won't know until you actually try it. No amount of words can describe the fun it provides.
Last edited by ExtoExta on Jan 27, 2015, 1:39:45 PM
"
Alea wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-FDtQwJOHI
well, not sure if that great

Yea watching a low level character?

Not sure if you can base a game off of just 1 video.
I actually thought it looked somewhat better than I had anticipated. The atmosphere seems to be there and the ridiculous ragdoll quasi-physics I had seen in much earlier photage appears toned down, much to my liking.

As to the rather nonsensical premise of the thread topic, I can only agree with BossOfThisGym above. When the games actively set out to fill very separate niches, even within the same subgenre, comparing them in this manner becomes nothing but a fruitless exercise in "missing the point".
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
"
Upandatem wrote:
I actually thought it looked somewhat better than I had anticipated. The atmosphere seems to be there and the ridiculous ragdoll quasi-physics I had seen in much earlier photage appears toned down, much to my liking.

As to the rather nonsensical premise of the thread topic, I can only agree with BossOfThisGym above. When the games actively set out to fill very separate niches, even within the same subgenre, comparing them in this manner becomes nothing but a fruitless exercise in "missing the point".

Someone's missed the point alright. God forbid ppl compare ARPGs to each other.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:

Compare it on a reasonable basis then. The OP basically says "Grim Dawn is a single player game that's why it's better than PoE". Great comparison :^)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

Compare it on a reasonable basis then. The OP basically says "Grim Dawn is a single player game that's why it's better than PoE". Great comparison :^)

yes they do things differently. Still the two most comparable ARPGs released in the last 5 ish years?
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
TheWretch wrote:

^

A competetive online multi player versus an offline single player game is what you'd normally call polar opposites.

It's a bit like disputing wich end of a magnet is the better one.
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.
They have different feature sets, must be different genres. Stop comparing them!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info