Grim Dawn is actually better than PoE

Found a recipe for Oleron´s blood from Gollum´s chest same days ago, thats rare like finding a license to craft shavronnes fappings.
So if any of you are in a fitting timezone and are in need of some, just hit me punch me and kick me up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
I hope it's better than when I bought it, back in June. 'Cause back then, it sucked massive dick
You make my ochinchin go doki doki.

"
Lachdanan wrote:
Found a recipe for Oleron´s blood from Gollum´s chest same days ago, thats rare like finding a license to craft shavronnes fappings.
So if any of you are in a fitting timezone and are in need of some, just hit me punch me and kick me up.

(<The activity of copying files intensifies>)
For the love of God, stop duping !
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
DeMasked wrote:

Archeage falls into the genre of an MMORPG while PoE falls into ARPG genre.

Yes, but MMOARPG's generally also falls into the genre of ARPG's, some are not action focused so they do not, whereas a lesser percentage ARPG could also be called MMORPG's.

If you know how to read the meaning of words then the answer is right in front of you.

Action Role Playing Game.

Aka an action focused role playing game. Most MMORPG's are just that. D2 ideas evolved into wow, it wasn't a different family, it was evolution within the family.

The original more character/story focused RPG's were just RPG's. To distinguish those more focused on action, fighting, combat gearing etc were called ARPG's.

WoW is actually an MMOARPG. You omit the A for simplicity because action MMO's are the accepted standard of MMORPG's.

When you speak of an ARPG i think of something like Diablo, because that is it's highest denominator, when you say MMORPG i think of something like wow because that is its highest denominator.

In exactly the same way i call Diablo an ARPG, instead of calling it a game, because ARPG describes its highest limitation. It still is a game however, and an MMOARPG is still an ARPG.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Mar 14, 2015, 12:07:51 PM
"
Crackmonster wrote:

In exactly the same way i call Diablo an ARPG, instead of calling it a game, because ARPG describes its highest limitation. It still is a game however, and an MMOARPG is still an ARPG.

You can call it whatever you want.

But it's MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game). There's no A in it.

WoW did not evolve from Diablo 2. WoW was a copy/spin off of Everquest, which was a copy/spin off of a combination of Ultima Online, and text based MUD games.

ARPGs come from Diablo 1 (and somewhat Rogue), and are primarily dungeon crawler/loot based games.

What you've just done, is look at a Koala Bear and a Grizzly bear, and go "Well, they both have Bear in the name, therefore they're the same thing!"

MMO's and ARPGs are very different beasts, and really shouldn't be lumped together like that.
I don't have time to go through all the pages but I'm wondering if GD now has, or likely will have, endgame content.

Don't get me wrong I played Titan Quest and liked it. BUT the problem is once you play through the game it is over. All you can do is start another character and go again.

What I like about POE is the game really starts after you play through all the the acts through every difficulty.

I would pay for PoE, but I think a game that has no end game content should be free.
Censored.
"
Crackmonster wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Best ARPG gear-grinding game atm is Archeage.

too bad thats a MMORPG and not an arpg

That's not true.

Action Role Playing Game. ARPG

Wow and other standard mmo's are action focused RPG games.

So, for the most part mmo's are arpg's whereas only some arpg's are mmo's.

You knwo exactly what i meant, describing genres is pointless, archage is a MMO, not even slightly similar to diablo,titan quest,grim dawn,poe etc, its similar to other MMOs..shitty gameplay, bad itemization, incredibly dull and repetitive quests, turn based like combat cause everything has a cooldown, parties of many people etc. Its not a ARPG, ARPGs are diablo games and all that while MMOS are archage,wow, etc
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Mar 14, 2015, 2:49:47 PM
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I think a game that has no end game content should be free.

What kind of end game is supposed to have an unfinished game?
Give them a chance at least to finish it.
There will be endgame content in future, developers confirmed.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Got this post from DeMasked in Grim Dawn forum when there was a topic about End Game. Made a little tweak that is in bold.

"

What there is:
-Creating new characters with different builds
-Challenge dungeons
-Challenge bosses
-Loot Hunt (epic items, monster infrequent items, rare items)
-Crafting
-Quest choices

What will come:
-Faction bonuses for both friendly and enemy factions (new items/quests/bounties/stuff)
-More challenge dungeons
-More challenge bosses - most likely Titan Quest difficulty unlocking bosses
-Devotion system for more customization/builds
-Modding (more content/masterys/difficulties/stuff)
-Survival Mode
-Act 3 part 3
-Act 4
-Legendary items
-Expansion(s)
-Possibly more stuff not mentioned by the devs

Not all end-game have to be like a map system, just boss farming (loot farming was involved too) is essentially an end-game, and that is what Diablo 2 mostly was for me. Of course, creating new builds is another which I currently do in PoE as well.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Mar 14, 2015, 4:24:27 PM
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:
"
VictorDoom wrote:

too bad thats a MMORPG and not an arpg

That's not true.

Action Role Playing Game. ARPG

Wow and other standard mmo's are action focused RPG games.

So, for the most part mmo's are arpg's whereas only some arpg's are mmo's.

You knwo exactly what i meant, describing genres is pointless, archage is a MMO, not even slightly similar to diablo,titan quest,grim dawn,poe etc, its similar to other MMOs..shitty gameplay, bad itemization, incredibly dull and repetitive quests, turn based like combat cause everything has a cooldown, parties of many people etc. Its not a ARPG, ARPGs are diablo games and all that while MMOS are archage,wow, etc

Oh this reverse psychology and it's not even on purpose by you.

Remember back, you were the one correcting me saying archeage isn't an ARPG, and now you want me to just be like oh its cool you get what im saying? Dude what planet are you from? If you don't care about genres then why start correcting me, and then start telling me i should do just that?

That's a funny one.

--

D3 was supposed to have been an mmo as well according to the original diablo devs. WoW ripped many of its core elements from D2, such as skill trees and much more. For someone like me, all the best stuff from early wow came from Diablo. Diablo is where all the characterization in blizzard RPG's stem from. Diablo paved the wayfor blizzard RPG's and wow. I'm a pure D2 soul, i was driven to early wow because it fit right into my soul, D2 essence. Wow since Diablo was the best game to farm phat loots for your character in, lasting up till later in TBC.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Mar 14, 2015, 9:02:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info