Esajoram's Dual Shockwave totems guide

Hey bro's

This is my char in the 1MHC league

Gear:
Spoiler

note: I dont use conc effect very much on purpose since you want as big AOE as possible with shockwave totems
E: Meginord gloves corrupted with vulnerability on hit make gameplay a lot more comfortable (altho casting is fine)

Tree:

note: variation without IR is very much possible to do as well with a high level AA

Playstyle: mostly solo, everyone hates you in partys anyway (for the knockback and the effect shockwave does). Clearspeed is surprisingly good, it was good enough for the top 50 in the race at least (with semi-effort) but it's not fastest build. However it's pretty safe, hipster and fun.

Other than that you just place totems and burst rares/invaders/bosses down with the traps.

Current shockwave totem dps: 5446 with hatred, 6764 with atziri potion(with magnate it should be up most times)

videos etc im way too lazy to do, gg wp!
Edit: tried clearing gorge fast and the result is 4:20 Kappa (fastest clears are around 1:30 on some builds)

Edit:
Let's open up a little how the damage scales on this build
In my version of the shockwave totem the damage scales roughly equally from 6 sources:
* the % physical damage gear / passive / oak reward
* cast speed
* doon cuebiyari str bonus
* totem nodes / Aoe nodes
* Atziri flask (and magnate to speed up the recovery)
* added fire gem / hatred aura

EDIT:
For everyone whos been asking for the new skill tree I'm very happy with this version of the build for 1.2

I think it's time for us to drop the IR which was questionable before without grace anyway and turn our eyes towards DEEPS

NEW STARTING POINT WITCH AGAIN!: (e: added quickness node now, link works now without calculator!)

http://tinyurl.com/md7j2cv

this build has significantly more manaregen/damage than before and AA will be ever more important for defense
Last edited by Valuutta on Aug 21, 2014, 1:10:27 PM
gr8 build m8 i r8 8/8
Completed 8/8 Challenges Ons/Ana
8/8 Challenges Nem/Dom #1 Templar Nem/Dom
6/8 Challenges Invasion/Ambush #1 Templar 2 Week Race
8/8 Challenges Beyond/Rampage & Bloodlines/Torment #1 Templar BL (lvl100)
IGN: BeerBeastTheBurninator | 8/8 Temp/Warb | 32/32 TalismanHC | 40/40 PerandusHC
Last edited by alfims on Aug 1, 2014, 11:53:58 PM
someone had some good Science fun there
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
awesome build
IGN:Vraarz
Sick build bro! <3
conc effect is mandatory to reach a decent dps level.
5k per totem is definately not enough for endgame.

Huge area is nice but you need to kill the mob fast, otherwise the knockback of the totem put them out of range ( and you lose the AoE benefit ).
IGN TylordRampage
The issue of mobs getting pushed away from the totems is exactly what im adressing with having no conc effect and emphasizing greatly on the AOE with the build. Also the dps is 6.7k most of time due to atziri flask and magnate belt combo.

the DPS is not as good as some builds but it's definitely endgame viable as I showed by playing the build twice to around top 30 in hc leagues.

Nice build :)
e: this post is outdated
Last edited by Valuutta on Aug 19, 2014, 11:04:13 AM
Is this better?

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAsNii2cgU9W9qjBa_JpVh4lVLjDZQQi1HHNx_xpMnDY3BxSepEZYvne-ItAxsC4hCBx4W8_k36rpGcSL0gh6VLiY8188NfIMJbRnbC_DVSbFXyZf0CPRJUSj6UlPAVOvugsc9X2pDvOq4k9WB-einlIVtQYdeXdH9JNi3Pv4Kxq7YvRDMPC01kv6HTP-18nsgr2xuqviTxYpKyPAffLs_JwSzogA62CpNFE0Ccew4LdIVIIM4Gjgs6Z2A73ynhN0NYG2QVVuv_MU6s8AaGNtOKmegWfN08Smlh3YqE4UySn1aK8MTLKej8g==

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info