Fun fact; Incandescent heart gives CI builds 33% more ES vs Elemental dmg

How does that item even work for non CI, if I may ask? Would it apply your ele resist and then convert 25% of that to chaos damage and apply the chaos resist or convert 25% of damage before ele resist and then apply chaos resist?
33% more ES while taking away a potential 800 ES chest slot... hmmm. Seems perfectly fine to me.
"
Axarion wrote:
How does that item even work for non CI, if I may ask? Would it apply your ele resist and then convert 25% of that to chaos damage and apply the chaos resist or convert 25% of damage before ele resist and then apply chaos resist?

At 75 chaos res you'd get no damage mitigation compared to not using it. At lower chaos res you'd get hurt more while using it assuming you have capped elemental res.

It's really CI only until chaos max res can be upped.
Last edited by kasub on Jul 31, 2014, 4:03:26 AM
"
kasub wrote:
"
Axarion wrote:

At 75 chaos res you'd get no damage mitigation compared to not using it. At lower chaos res you'd get hurt more while using it assuming you have capped elemental res.

It's really CI only until chaos max res can be upped.

Thanks for clearing that up. Was considering making a Life/ES Hybrid using this unique to split the damage between Life and ES while using Leech for Life and Regen (and maybe Aegis Aurora) for ES. Guess unless I can get like 50%+ chaos that would be a bad idea.
One thing I'd like to add, is losing ES on your chest isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. While using a Solaris Lorica(No ES), and a Rise of the Phoenix(Basically no ES) I still managed 5K ES with Discipline up. My other gear was good, but it wasn't anything amazing(350ES Helm, 200ES Boots, 150ES Gloves, and 20-40ES on Rings and Amulets with an additional 20% ES on my Amulet. Which is decent gear, but nothing that's all that expensive, and it still ramped to a respectable amount of ES. On a more serious build than my silly Solaris Low-life setup, using a proper 400+ ES shield, it should not only be possible, but easy to hit 7-8K ES while using Incandescent Heart, ES really does scale that easily, and that quickly. That 800-1000ES Vaal Regalia that you have your eye on is really only for the people who want to stack over 10K ES, aside from that, you don't need it.
If you're using this in a Life + ES build, Immortal Flesh seems like a good choice. With max chaos resist, Incandescent Heart would reduce the total elemental damage you take slightly. More importantly, it divides the damage between life & energy shield thus allowing you to use both life & energy shield healing simultaneously against elemental damage with the right build.
"
werezompire wrote:
If you're using this in a Life + ES build, Immortal Flesh seems like a good choice. With max chaos resist, Incandescent Heart would reduce the total elemental damage you take slightly. More importantly, it divides the damage between life & energy shield thus allowing you to use both life & energy shield healing simultaneously against elemental damage with the right build.

Immortal Flesh also lowers your maximum chaos resistance.
"
Drakqt wrote:
"
werezompire wrote:

Immortal Flesh also lowers your maximum chaos resistance.

Ah, I misread that bit. The other aspect would hold true though - get some nice life regen (which Immortal Flesh already gives) & combine that with some ghost reaver life leech & elemental damage should be more manageable.
Question is if the ES loss is worth it? I mean I could get a 5linked AR/ES Saintly for one or 2 EX more.
Could someone do the math for this?
EXALTS>EXAMS
"
Taganov wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:
one of these uniques that are better than they were at first glance.

just like lightning coil.

This is my current opinion. Been theory crafting a CI Darkscorn + Incandescent Heart puncture/poison arrow ranger. I think the defensive potential is definitely there.

I have considered this myself in the past, but without a +2/+1 Bow, or at least a +2, your Poison arrow is dead in the water...too many missing levels. The defensive benefit isn't worth it given how slowly you will be killing...that bow really needs a re-working.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on Jul 31, 2014, 5:18:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info