Fun fact; Incandescent heart gives CI builds 33% more ES vs Elemental dmg

25% ele dmg converted to chaos
chaos immune.
1/0.75 = 1.33333333
one of these uniques that are better than they were at first glance.

just like lightning coil.
Last edited by Krayken on Jul 30, 2014, 9:50:02 PM
Everything you do is sub-optimal.
Last edited by xThreads on Jul 2, 2021, 8:01:46 AM
"
xThreads wrote:
but players are taking less than 25% of all elemental damage to start with.
25/4 = 6.25
that's the real damage reduction you are getting from it.

but every bit of mitigation counts.

or we can leave it at 33% because nobody runs around on less than 75 to all resists anyway.

yeah but your effective hp is 1/damage reduction

so it is 33% more effective ES
"
Krayken wrote:
one of these uniques that are better than they were at first glance.

just like lightning coil.

This is my current opinion. Been theory crafting a CI Darkscorn + Incandescent Heart puncture/poison arrow ranger. I think the defensive potential is definitely there.
You would definitely be taking a lot less damage.

Honestly, I think this unique was made for CI Melee. The drawback of taking that elemental damage as chaos, and not being able to equip the Chaos doesn't bypass ES uniques, becomes a bonus when you play CI.

It's got a pretty decent amount of armor, that drawback turns into pretty nice resist, nice life, nice LL. I'd really like to get a hold of that. Might even make for a fun Low Life using two Last Resort claws.
Shmo's Suggestions; Dozen Skills!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/402487
Just like how people thought Lori's Lantern was shit.

I don't think anyone realized that the unlucky property theoretically halved lightning damage against you (since they have a 1 - x range and rolled twice, taking the lowest value). Lightning is still the bane of ES builds.

Don't knock on a unique until you know what's going on in the designer's mind. I assure you that we are very thorough on the use of the uniques we design.
Last edited by Lyralei on Jul 31, 2014, 2:56:08 AM
"
Lyralei wrote:

I don't think anyone realized that the unlucky property theoretically halved lightning damage against you (since they have a 1 - x range and rolled twice, taking the lowest value). Lightning is still the bane of ES builds.

Don't knock on a unique until you know what's going on in the designer's mind. I assure you that we are very thorough on the use of the uniques we design.

Love loris but realistically it's not gunna get used since modern lowlife builds have no need for defence.

Incandescent heart is awesome but then you have to consider - is not going to use it going to actually give me more es effectively than not using it? For e.g. an 800 es chest could potentially net you 33% more es and still be effective vs physical.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
Lyralei wrote:

Love loris but realistically it's not gunna get used since modern lowlife builds have no need for defence.

Incandescent heart is awesome but then you have to consider - is not going to use it going to actually give me more es effectively than not using it? For e.g. an 800 es chest could potentially net you 33% more es and still be effective vs physical.

That's why I was thinking of pairing it with a Darkscorn, since 25% of physical damage received is converted to Chaos. Damage I'm still figuring out/waiting to test.
Incandescent heart is a AR/ES chest so it should be compared to other AR/ES chests. Unless you're crazy rich you're not going to use an ES chest for melee CI builds so AR/ES is your only real choice.

The highest AR/ES chests in temporary leagues are around 650 ES, ones with a reasonable price are around 500. Incandescent is 280 or so.

So it has a 220 ES difference compared to an average AR/ES chest. I guess that's not too bad. Still has around 700 less ES against physical attacks although the leech is also nice to have. A small buff to make it have a bit more ES would not go amiss(or replacing one of its useless stats).
Last edited by kasub on Jul 31, 2014, 3:24:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info