Rare items revamp and itemization feedback

"
Jaxxxson wrote:
I was thinking on emailing Chris something very similar, would you mind if I reference this topic? I find path's biggest negative to be the itemization personally. If not that's fine, I just would like to save some typing haha.

No problem go ahead but with the new patch coming, it might be already adressed ^^

@digitalBeating : Doryani Catalyst you mentionned is actually a really good exemple. We can go higher in damage with wands, but the 1% ele leech is just too good to be ignored.

I have a char with 1 catalyst and atziri belt. 3% ele leech total. Yeah i have a bit less damage HP and resist than if i would have 3 INSANE rares but i have fun mods.

Finger crossed for hideout new mods !!!
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
Bump, because nothing changed with 1.2 :(
I agree with everything except mana/life leech , both these are usefull ;)
"

Even if it's more a game design balance than an item flaw, i added leeches because i really don't understand why leech should be reserved to physical attacks only. I play since nearly 3 years and i only made 1 or 2 chars with physical attacks so far.
"
Kagari wrote:
"

Even if it's more a game design balance than an item flaw, i added leeches because i really don't understand why leech should be reserved to physical attacks only. I play since nearly 3 years and i only made 1 or 2 chars with physical attacks so far.

Elemental builds are good enough and got even more buffed with all elemental nodes , also think how OP these nodes would be with hybrid phys+ele builds.
And still you can vaal ele leech or use Katarina

Nothing bad/unbalanced in it IMO
I daresay GGG plans on incrementally improving this -- the Master-specific mods all have some use (though I wouldn't call them build-enabling, they do add some variety) and represent one such step.

I do agree that nothing's changed for the benchmark of a good rare armor piece. Long-term I'd like to see less reliance on Resistance and +Defence mods on items and more of it on the Passive Tree. Unfortunately GGG removed quite a few Resistance nodes (and baked some of it into Defence nodes) with the 1.2 patch, so their opinion might differ.
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info