Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Rare items revamp and itemization feedback

+ 1 for more implicit bonuses.
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 30, 2014, 6:37:52 PM
I can't help but feel that the expansion is a good step to solve the rare item diversity problem.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Ok i just read the news with the hideouts NPCs...unbelievable ! We might go exactly in the right direction with rares ! Customization ffs ! and it seems crafting is getting some love on top !

Well, i guess i can see the future so i'll go create my own religion to steal money from the poors and have 23 wives at the same time !
Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
"
Kagari wrote:
Ok i just read the news with the hideouts NPCs...unbelievable ! We might go exactly in the right direction with rares ! Customization ffs ! and it seems crafting is getting some love on top !

Well, i guess i can see the future so i'll go create my own religion to steal money from the poors and have 23 wives at the same time !

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!
/thread
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 31, 2014, 5:45:37 AM
Speaking of Titan Quest, can you believe that a game made 8 years ago still has better graphics than POE and runs smoother? I installed the game last month on Steam.

But back to itemization, yeah what I'm puzzled is where are the affix/suffix that will give me %Bonus damage to demons? beasts? humans? etc... that would at least make my builds more interesting. Extra lightning damage to beast creatures or extra cold damage to demons.

Uniques dominate rares, want to do something Low Life? Buy Shavronnes. Want the best weapons? Sure buy some a 6L Windripper, 6L Lionseye, 6L Voltaxic, Mjolner, Doryanis Catalyst, 6L Marohi Erqi, 6L Searing Touch, 6L Taryn's Shiver, 6L Pledge of Hands. Need extra HP? No problem just get a Kaoms. Want to leech life instantly with gear? Get Atziri Acuity.

Are some rares better than uniques? Sure, just pay a mirror + Exalted fee and buy yourself some mirrored gear somebody spent a crap load of Eternals to craft.

Currently the crafting system is FUBAR'd. 16,000 chromes later the guy still doesn't get the colors he wants. Why do people have fusing lotteries? Oh right because it's nearly impossible to get a 6L. Spend a 1K fusings and you could end up with nothing. Itemization on rerolling with Chaos isn't any better. I remember in Beta when I rolled items with Chaos I would at least get something decent within 1-10 chaos rolls. Now I can roll 500 times and pray to the RNG gods and get nothing. It's either craft with eternals or buy an item mirrored.

It took me at least 400-500 Chaos to roll this:

Drops in maps aren't much better. I got these in corrupt zone:

Corrupt zones seemed to be nerfed on drops and Midnights now. It's pretty bad when I'm farming corrupt zones for gear instead of maps because maps drop really bad gear. I gave up doing maps.

Itemization needs to be changed for variety of builds.
I was thinking on emailing Chris something very similar, would you mind if I reference this topic? I find path's biggest negative to be the itemization personally. If not that's fine, I just would like to save some typing haha.
Guide - How To Get Started in Path of Exile - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1297390
My Feedback Analysis Thread - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1270724
I think PoE has the best itemization I've ever seen before actually
"
Startkabels wrote:
I think PoE has the best itemization I've ever seen before actually

And it can be exalted !
Spoiler
The rest of the games smoke nervous in the corner.

Startkables I'm afraid to ask, is there anything PoE's not the best in ?
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Aug 1, 2014, 3:36:33 PM
Budget

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info