So, the new expansion comes. How was the last one?

The game caters to people who like to consider themselves hardcore. I am betting 95% of the player base did not get to try uber-Atziri and I am betting that 90% didn't even get to try normal Atziri.
"
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
Stefacle wrote:
IMO the corrupted zones and Vaal Orbs and gems were all great additions to the game, even if I never got to kill Atziri.

Really looking forward to this new mini expansion, personally :)

Sums up my feelings towards SotV. :)

Me too.

I'm a casual player, having been playing for about 8 months now, and I doubt I'll ever see Atziri, let alone kill her. I'm not exactly happy with that, but I can live with it, seeing as how GGG isn't really interested in catering to the casual crowd.

The rest of the game is fun. I like the expansions a lot.

I am a casual, and monkey stomp her. Even had a mortal hope drop yesterday. Have more of those damn flasks anything though....damn those things.
While i never was able to get to Atziri(never find the right pieces..) i loved all the additions they did aside from some of the Vaal gems since most of them are useless unless u are in a specific situation,and only if they are charged at that time...

I love the Corrupted area's altrough some of the bosses are very overpowered and able to kill u before u even see them.
Also an exit at the back after u killed the boss would be great as well. saves alot of backtracking.
Those area's are also best avoided in Hardcore, since i've lost more then 1 character to them just becouse there was a OP boss or a desync at the wrong time...

The Vaal orb is a great addition to the already big group of orbs, and while its always risky, i think its worth it sometimes.

The Ambush league still is one of the most fun leagues i have played so far, the lockboxes and the fact that u can change them like an item really made it fun, and the exstra skill gems u got from Gemmcutters are always worth it :)
Still, would be fun if there were Unique ones that could spawn in certain area's just for a chance on some great loot, couse half the time u would only get white items even if it said 1000% increased rarity...

Invasion was fun as well, quite challenging, especially on low lvl's, still, it was worth it :)

For the rest i'm really loving the Current Month-long races with the switching mods every week,makes even Standard mode a really challenge!
Something like that should become the new standard or at least become normal every time its league-switching time :)

Anyway, keep up the good work and suprise us even more!
400 ex build here and didnt kill atziri.

Tried her once and failed. Lost 4 portals at the 3 guards.
Cyclone multistrike loves to desync into that poison, no control whatsoever.

1 gate left for atziri. Fail!

Vorici can shove his fuse up his [removed]
The strongboxes and corrupted areas were really fun, and the Vaal orb is really smart, :P
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Ambush was great, love the strongboxes.
Invasion was meh, silly balancing. Haven't tried it since the rebalance though.
Corrupted zones were a nice addition, especially after they made it possible to use fragments in the eternal lab.
Vaal gems are nice but a bit too simple, either they're useless or they are boss killers so it comes down to 'pick vaal gem that's not useless and press button at boss'.
Vaal orbs are very fun, best orb ever imo.
Atziri I don't know much about, I did a half-assed attempt once and failed. From what I've seen she's a cool raid-like boss.

Overall I'd say 7/10, bretty good.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I liked the new bosses/zones the vaal gems i do not like

Fighting atziri isn't all that great as its just a boss fight it doesn't really do anything

I think i killed her at lvl 90 on my RF (killed her 2 times)

If anything for me/my build fighting atziri is a waste of xp since you die and lose it (so you gain no exp from the map itself)
But the blue mobs do drop 71 maps sometimes so i guess that's something (but a midnight most likely more then a 71 map so)
"
carkasjak wrote:
I think the strongboxes from Ambush were the greatest addition to the game, and I hope they don't nerf the spawn rate of them too much when they're implemented as a core feature. The corrupted side areas were alright as well. I haven't made it to Atziri yet, and I'm not sure how I feel about it.

They just need to tone down cartographers boxes. The rest are a welcome addition to the game. I like how they've shifted the currency focus on to alterations/augmentations/scours.
I missed the 4 mounths dew to work but im running the 1 mounth race ATM

Really REALY liked this conted the boxes are very nice touch. Also the atziri fihgt is fantastic , i love it alot . personaly i think evrey 1 crying about having to be speced and geared a serten way is totaly bullshit , im doing the normal fight just fine in 20 days of playing , that seem perfectls fine to me. Have not tryed uber yet but have 2 sets rdy when i think im rdy ( will probley do it on the last day of the race )

Also i really loved the invation bosses , im very sad to hear they are not comeing to the main game. I understand why they are not and it makes sence , i just really found them both interesting to fight and forced me to stay on my toes. Loved the concept of the invation bosses and TBH did not mind how rip'ey they are , i could understand HC mode players having a problem with this however , dew to the fact you could get hit with a massive burst of a unknown damage type at any time. Still i would like to see them in main game.

Also think it's fantastic that GGG has made farming for atziri frags they way it is , it lets new players have fast effectiv ways to grind curencys up fast , and gives high level players something to break up the constant map grind. Also totaly in love with bossting my maps with the frags , nothing better than a 145 % quality level 77 map ( with 8 stats O i love it so much ) fraged to a massive 160 % !!!

also Vaal gems rule and im learning alot about how to use them. I bet in a years time thare will be some insane corrupted gear floating around.

All in all i realy liked what im seeing in the 1 mount.

8.5/10
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
killed normal Atziri couple of times but never went to the trouble to farm for Uber Atziri

Ambush was great
Invasion not so much

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info