So, the new expansion comes. How was the last one?

The countdown is on. But have you played the previous expansion to its full? I mean everyone has cleared a couple of Vaal zones, on higher difficulties died to some of the unkillable vaal bosses (I do not mean entirely invincible, but requiring a very specific builds to beat, independently of player skill). But there is a final boss: super-Atziri.
So the question is: how many of us players have actually fought her? How many actually did get to the end of this expansion? I, for example, have got only one set of Vaal maps required to open the simple Apex of Sacrifice with usual Atziri (the only boss that can drop keys to Alluring Abyss, the location of the last boss), and I play a lot.

BTW, is there a way to create a poll in here?
Last edited by Shade_RU_N53 on Jul 29, 2014, 8:46:11 AM
The concept was fine
The RNG was not

And the banning of innocent players ( Whom got unbanned ) due to countless runs to get a Sacrifice of the midnight was just salt on the wounds.

Overall it was decent.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Ambush was so fun for me. I tried 3 builds, flame totem, split arrow and a WoE+BoR. Boxes were awesome. My only complain about ambush was about atziri and how only a few builds can kill her without expends several exalt on gear, but was not a big deal, i just sold a lot of midnigths and buy things for my toons.
I loved the last one. I couldn't grind/level enough to actually fight atziri, but that's the END of the END GAME so i wasn't disappointed.

the RNG was good enough, even if i've played "few" days; found couple rings with IIR, i was able to play with around 100+ IIR; thanks to the 70+ unid chaos recipe i was able to buy the stuff i needed.

I made a Flame Blast spammer, a wand+shield CoC, and something like an Elebuzzsaw (before it came out, obviously worst) that i love and still use.

in this league, i finally understood that my gamestyle is "evasion+dodge+block", i doubt i'll ever make a char with different defences.

im a bit upset that the new leagues starts at the end of my free time month; i won't be able to nerd as i'd love to; i'll probably play the first two days full time, full immersion, then RL will claim me back
:(

♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
Last edited by jeonitsoc on Jul 29, 2014, 8:58:04 AM
IMO the corrupted zones and Vaal Orbs and gems were all great additions to the game, even if I never got to kill Atziri.

Really looking forward to this new mini expansion, personally :)
"
Stefacle wrote:
IMO the corrupted zones and Vaal Orbs and gems were all great additions to the game, even if I never got to kill Atziri.

Sums up my feelings towards SotV. :)
Last league, we got a lot of very dangerous things to challenge us in the hc four month league. A lot of people liked the difficulty, including myself, but a lot more people did not. After a couple of nerfs we were left with only one challenge; atziri. I am saddened to say that i haven't figured out how to do her safely yet, but i will try some aura abuse once i get back from vacations. It seems to be very effective.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
A little reminder to the crowd: it's not about the leagues, its about expansions. So if you have killed Super-Atziri in any league, that is fine. YOur level and class at which you have done so would be nice, too. I'm curious if it is possible to take it to the end of the game in reasonable time without living in a game)
SotV was very fun. The new features had impact on all levels, from corrupted areas at normal coast to people with thousands of exalts farming Uber Atziri.

I, myself, had two main characters in Ambush:
1. The bad: Crit physical reaver, he did not run hatred and his dps was gimped at like 4k.
2. The great: Energy-shield based incinerator: Take the tooltip I got on Reave to incinerate. Then multiply by 12 for my actual shotgun DPS. She has 6k ES and can higher level maps in a couple of minutes. Boss killing is also the quickest I've ever achieved in my PoE history.

Ambush league: Well designed. The strongboxes offer the player the option to trade for risk and reward. The boxes are common and most of them have a specific pool of loot that they can contain. Cartographer boxes were very useful for sustaining a higher level map pool.

Invasion league: I was not a pure ambush player, now and then I've tried Invasion as well. Fun league overall, The bosses offer a nice build check and some are fun to fight. When reaching merciless, however, they get overpowered by abilities like summoning 6 skeletons at once or casting deadly 'incinerate nova' totems. I have managed to get two characters to level 71, after all of this. Both, amusingly, died to invaders.

Corrupted areas: I like running into those while levelling. They offer a nice build check, just like invaders, and you get rewarded with items that you can get nowhere else. Farming them, however, is something I find boring and unfun, rather than actually playing the game. I dislike the lack of corrupted areas in maps, which forces players who only run maps to backtrack to non-map areas in order to get their fragments.

Vaal Orbs: The best form of currency in existence. There are many mods you can only obtain through the corruption of an item. It will occassionally turn a unique item to a rare, but that's no big deal. Just don't Vaal an item you don't want to lose. It could be just me, though, or my guild. My only complaint is the inability to corrupt flasks.

Atziri: The fight itself is a strong spot. Took me a lot of attempts to learn the mechanics of each boss or monster encounter. At first I could barely kill the blue mobs between the arenas and died 6 times to the 2 Vaal Vessels. Now I can reach Atziri's throne without dying, only to die to Atziri's strong flameblasts, stormcalls or spear throw. I dislike how you need to go back to non-map areas and farm them repeatedly in order to get the sacrifice fragments you need to access the Apex of Sacrifice. This is the kind of thing that make me tired of playing a game.

This is the first time that I've reached level 80 in any league, and have never really quit PoE for more than two weeks during the entire duration of the leagues. (I quit it twice in my history of playing, in the previous summer and at the end of nemesis/domination.)
Another quality ZAP! post.
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
Stefacle wrote:

Sums up my feelings towards SotV. :)

Me too.

I'm a casual player, having been playing for about 8 months now, and I doubt I'll ever see Atziri, let alone kill her. I'm not exactly happy with that, but I can live with it, seeing as how GGG isn't really interested in catering to the casual crowd.

The rest of the game is fun. I like the expansions a lot.
- here's my sig

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info