Just starting playing Poe!

Just starting playing Path of Exile a week ago, and I'm already Lvl. 35 (dunno if that's an achievement or not :P). But I'm almost done Act 3, and I feel like there's a lot to do that I haven't done yet. What happens after Act 3?

I'm new to the whole ARPG genre (never played any other diablo-esque game before), so I'm not sure what I should be doing.

I know I probably screwed up my passive skill tree, but I'm fine with it.

I just want to know if there's anything a new player like me should be doing or looking out for...because this game is oddly entertaining, and I want to get the most out of what POE has to offer. Also, what are these "Corrupted" areas I keep seeing. I just avoid them because it looks like something I'm supposed to do at a higher level.

After act 3, you restart the game (keeping your character's levels and items) on a harder difficulty, Cruel. After that, you restart again on an even harder difficulty, Merciless. Then you get to do Maps, which are special items you'll find at high levels that open up a zone for you to clear once with special, random properties to keep them from getting too stale.

Doing corrupted areas is fine. They're based on the level of the zone you found them in, so if you're doing fine in that zone, you should be good to try them out.

As to what you're probably doing wrong, Defense > Offense
Welcome to wraeclast and the genre, theres a few things to note that may not be obvious.

*You repeat the game on a difficulty level the only way to reach the next difficulty is to beat the one ur currently on, you will keep ur character will be intact with gear gems and level.

*when you beat the final boss make sure to look around there will be a portal that will take you to the next difficulty. The portal is likely a placeholder until the next act is in the game.

*Corrupted zones are a somewhat new addition to the game you can get certain items that only drop in those zones and there fine to do, some may be a little difficult but as long as ur not struggling to bad you should be fine.

Lastly just a few tips the stash is shared so any character can put and remove items from the stash as long as there in the same league. Holding ctrl+clicking will put an item automatically in the sell tab or stash depending which you have open and will also auto buy items from vendors.

If you stick around you will make the game 3 times, so don't worry if you left out something.
Noob Tip: There is a quest in Act 2 that gives you a skill point as reward if you go back in Act 1. :D
PS - The game is really good after lvl 60 when you will have access to the mapping system.
This is the Internet and we have a saying, women are men, men are men and the little girls are FBI agents.
Started POE couple of days ago too, playing with friends makes it infinity better. :D

Thanks for the information. I don't intend on staying on this character for long. I just made it to see what the game was about. Once I finish act 3, I'm going to make a new character so I take the skill tree and builds more seriously. I don't mind doing the acts all over again...the grind in this game is actually really fun (at least for me).
"
ShadowReturns wrote:
Started POE couple of days ago too, playing with friends makes it infinity better. :D

Well then, I'm going to try and get some friends to try out the game.
Welcome! Be sure to leave your first feedback for the devs to consider! :)

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73088
take a look @ youtube, there you will find a lot of stuff for learning :)
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ ++HIDEOUT IMPROVEMENT THREAD: ..../view-thread/2179528...++░░░░▒▒▒▒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
welcome to wraeclast, exile.

there is a wiki which covers most aspets of the game. if you need further help there is a help section.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info