Just starting playing Poe!

Welcome to Wraeclast !

PoE has a pretty steep learning curve, so much things to learn and master in this game. You already mentioned you probably messed up your passive tree, well everyone messes it up the first time no worries ;) Mostly you will notice this in act 3 cruel/act 1 merciless. At that point you will know enough about the game to make a next character which will turn out a lot stronger, etc ... This is the normal way of things in ARPG's.
The biggest tip I can give beginners is : elemental resistances (fire, cold, lightning) are very important. When those reach maximum (75% by default) your experience will be like : wow now this area/boss is a lot easier !
Note that with every difficulty your resists will gain a penalty, so you will need more resistances from gear and/or passive tree to get maximum again.

Enjoy your stay !
Last edited by leto2626 on Jul 29, 2014, 6:22:14 AM
Very important for behinners i think is to know this site
http://poe.xyz.is/
there you can check prices and items ppl sell on forums :)
made the game much easier for me when i started :)
"
RapidCrusade wrote:

I'm new to the whole ARPG genre (never played any other diablo-esque game before), so I'm not sure what I should be doing.

No matter if you love or come to hate this game, you should keep in mind that "Action Role-playing games" is a huge genre and just because one game doesn't suit you it doesn't mean that another one won't :).
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
First of all welcome to PoE and have fun!

I usually don't post on threads like this as I myself am not that experienced with the game even through I played since Closed Beta but taking a look at this guys youtube is a good idea ZiggyD. You'll find some useful tips over there and he's got some nice guides for build too probably more coming in the future.

The others have said everything really important (wiki (don't forget to check out the vendor recipes!), help section etc.)
"
enjoto wrote:
First of all welcome to PoE and have fun!

I usually don't post on threads like this as I myself am not that experienced with the game even through I played since Closed Beta but taking a look at this guys youtube is a good idea ZiggyD. You'll find some useful tips over there and he's got some nice guides for build too probably more coming in the future.

The others have said everything really important (wiki (don't forget to check out the vendor recipes!), help section etc.)

Lol! I found out this game through Ziggy D's comparison video XD
"
RapidCrusade wrote:
What happens after Act 3?

Well now that you are going to Merc soon, you will get to play the new mini game that is bigger than PoE itself... this is called Path of Trade Chat for the short leagues or Path of Trade Chat -Tycoon for the standard leagues.
ALWAYS open all chests, destroy vases. No need to thank me.
"I accept Nujabes as my Savior."
"
1988288 wrote:
ALWAYS open all chests, destroy vases. No need to thank me.

Listen to this man!! Those things have better drop than any mob out there XD
Welcome (over)board, Exile! Follow the sound advice of others (and there's plenty in this thread), but don't let anyone tell you how to have fun with this game. If you're enjoying it, you're doing it right. Speaking of fun, when the new race season starts (which will appear in the Events tab at the top of the screen), you may find races enjoyable. They make for a great diversion from continuous play, and they can definitely hone your skills, as you experience more difficult league modifiers like Turbo, Ancestral, or Blood Magic. Once you've defeated Brutus with the Turbo mod, for example, you just won't be as afraid of him in normal play, ever again. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Welcome to Wreaclast, and have a blast!
Most the good stuff is already said but if u get to the Sceptre of God in Act 3 the first time make sure u save the Scion in the upper part couse then u have unlocked the 7th Class and she's fun to play(also has the most dialogue of all classes) and someone u definitly should try out.

As Raycheetah said, u really should try the races once they start again.
They are really fun and the points u earn with them will give u acces to uniques with different styles that change each season.(check my acount on this site for list)

For the rest experiment with all the orbs and don't be afraid to ask for help in global chat, most ppl are always very friendly in there and don't mind a few newbie questions.(at least i don't).

Anyway, ahve a blast and enjoy the upcoming expansion as well :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info