The average number of fusings to 5L a 6S armor?

TOO MANY
IGN: ScionHasTheNicestAss (SC)
5 link average before the buff was around 110(according to community data). After the buff you can assume it's around 80. With armor scraps it usually takes me far less.

Last edited by kasub on Jul 25, 2014, 9:14:45 PM
Okay guys thanks for the info, guess I'll keep farming and get a few more stacks before I try again hah.
Linking is still a shit mechanic. I really think there should some form of entropy to curb the insane lower end.

In Nemesis I managed to get like 5 5L items, the hardest one probably took 60 fusing. I used to get it in 30 all the time.

Recently, I've blown well over 150 fusing on a 6S astral that WILL NOT link. On top of that, I've spent over 200 jeweler's trying to 6 SOCKET my Wings of Entropy.

I'd honestly rather it just have a cost. Getting lucky with 1-2 fusing doesn't even feel good because I know I'll pay 10x what the item is worth down the road on something else.
Team Won
IGN: Surak Methred Wrathclaws Boxender_Gladiator Dunkler_Beschwörer Lady_Discharge
"
MaptSoul wrote:
Okay guys thanks for the info, guess I'll keep farming and get a few more stacks before I try again hah.

DONT TRY.

Have you not learnt your lesson? We are advising you that linking is too expensive! it is much cheaper to buy a 5L instead of crafting!
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
Threw around 500 fusings on a Cloak of Defiance in the last 4 month league (6s of course) before I finally got it 5L, RNG can really slap you silly in this game. Probably could've bought a number of 5l Cloaks for that amount of currency :D
Got lucky in the 2week race though, 28 fusings for the 5l Cloak there ^^

There's just no way to know how many it'll actually take, gl to you.
Deutscher Chat: /global 4745
RNG can go both ways because it's a new dice roll every fuse. My clan mate did a 6L in 40 fuse. I spent 120 trying for only 5L and learned my lesson. Don't craft. Use currency/trade to buy exactly what i want.

From what i gather 5l is a 100 sided die. 6L is a 1200 sided one. But no guarantees you'll get it after 100/1200 respectively.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 26, 2014, 10:08:33 PM
In Ambush I wasted over 700 jewellers trying to 6S a ilvl 80 Vaal Regalia...and never got it. Gave up and tried a new character.

After ambush ended, tried again in std on that same VR and the first jeweller 6Sed the damn thing...and then the 1st fuse 5Led it. Figuring I was on a roll, I then 5Led a Lightning coil with 2 fuses.

So yeah, it'll happen when it happens.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info