EXPANSION MYSTERY: Mercenary

There will be no more new exiles. The passive tree is complete. However, GGG is free to expand upon our pets, maybe take a page or 2 from TL2 and let them mule some of our loot and auto sell for us. Maybe do more than just follow us around such as distract the mobs like a totem does. If we could get a few of the mob to chase after our pet instead of us, that would be super cool and helpful.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
 There will be no more new exiles. The passive tree is complete. However, GGG is free to expand upon our pets, maybe take a page or 2 from TL2 and let them mule some of our loot and auto sell for us. Maybe do more than just follow us around such as distract the mobs like a totem does. If we could get a few of the mob to chase after our pet instead of us, that would be super cool and helpful.

I wouldn't say the tree is "complete". It can and almost certainly WILL continue to change for as long as the game is still going. New exiles might be unlikely at this point, but there's no reason why they can't add more later if they want to.

As for pets, I wouldn't mind them having some useful functions, but if they do that, they would have to offer at least one free pet to avoid having them be pay2win. Maybe this could be done as one of the quest rewards when they add act 4.
We already have Animate Guardian which functions kind of like a mercenary.
"
Do_odle wrote:
We already have Animate Guardian which functions kind of like a mercenary.

This. Here, have a cookie for being the only 1 who gets it.
in what world is Animate Guardian anywhere near being a merc? oO
a merc is someone you hire, pay, equip, who has his own set of sklls/passives and who stays with you all the time
not something soulless you need to recast every five seconds ....

i hope we do get mercs and i hope they are for soloplay only
group play is far too strong at the moment and merc would be something to enhance soloplay
"
BeRse wrote:
in what world is Animate Guardian anywhere near being a merc? oO
a merc is someone you hire, pay, equip, who has his own set of sklls/passives and who stays with you all the time
not something soulless you need to recast every five seconds ....

i hope we do get mercs and i hope they are for soloplay only
group play is far too strong at the moment and merc would be something to enhance soloplay

Pay? With what? We got no gold just orbs. or would a merc cost 100 ex? 10 ex to revive? Animate guardian can be equipped with whatever you want it to use.

I dont want mercs to make people use the mercs to beat the game instead of their own skills.
Charms would be cool but have a separate spot only for charms.no other items can go in there. Stl dint this happening.
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
"

Pay? With what? We got no gold just orbs. or would a merc cost 100 ex? 10 ex to revive?

so why not pay them with orbs?
1 chaos orb to hire a merc, let them roll random with random properties and now you have another orb sink

"

Animate guardian can be equipped with whatever you want it to use.

and that makes them mercs?
as i pointed out for me mercs have various characteristics and animate guardian is nowhere near them

"

I dont want mercs to make people use the mercs to beat the game instead of their own skills.

mercs shouldn't be mandatory to beat the game, but they could be a nice addition for people who wanna optimize/micromanage even more things then now
Last edited by BeRse on Jul 27, 2014, 8:54:32 AM
"
andkamen wrote:
^hmmm I'm gonna go with no.

I'm all for choices but charms are not a real choice. If there is something that gives you any sort of bonus and your only choice is to not use these items or use them then its not much of a choice is it? Everyone is going to want to clog their inventories to the brim just to maximise the bonuses

this will also have the side effect of slower mapping because with perma allocation your loot stays yours and it will take you longer to ID due to inventory restrictions.

I've said it before, introducing charms may be a good idea - IF they go in the flask slot - forcing you to make a choice: temporarily bonuses via flasks, or constant bonuses via charms. Charms HAVE to have a smaller impact on the game than flasks for this to work.

As to mercs: I love mercs. But for mercs to be useful, they have to be pretty good. But making them too good, is very dangerous. The balance is hard.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
inb4 server crash with full party of summoners+mercs+zombies+spectre + all going all in Vaal Skelettons simultaneously.
IGN TylordRampage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info