EXPANSION MYSTERY: Mercenary

"
andkamen wrote:
^hmmm I'm gonna go with no.

I'm all for choices but charms are not a real choice. If there is something that gives you any sort of bonus and your only choice is to not use these items or use them then its not much of a choice is it? Everyone is going to want to clog their inventories to the brim just to maximise the bonuses

this will also have the side effect of slower mapping because with perma allocation your loot stays yours and it will take you longer to ID due to inventory restrictions.

No, they are a choice with a price, and only idiots are going to map filling their inventory with charms, the choice is just how many to use. Also why do you care how long it takes other people to id their drops, unless your a leech waiting for them to put it back down?
IGN:Axe_Crazy
Charms, more so than unresistable hammerdins and TP-PK hacks, were the worst thing ever to happen to Diablo2.

For PoE, a game where the devs are actually trying to maintain some balance, it would be even worse.

God no charms.
#1 rule of official forum boards of every video game ever: use the forums to relay info, gather suggestions, or the rare narrow-focused Poll; but NEVER as "feedback".

#2 rule: Never say the #1 rule in an official capacity. Let some guy on the forums say it, leaving yourself plausible deniability.
Would love to have both charms and mercs. Doubt I would carry charms because I always value my inventory space and clear speed times, but the choice would be nice.

As for mercs, I don't care if they become mandatory....it was always fun to use and build up for me in D2. In D3 they were walking piles of useless, so don't do it that way. In fact, don't mimic almost anything from D3 please (specifically the soulbound garbage) :)
I'd be ok with charms ONLY if they had a separate inventory section for them and they didn't take up space in the current inventory.

As for mercs, would be tough to balance properly, but if they could do that, it would help to even out the gap between solo and party play a bit. I'd definitely like to see that.

They did say this expansion would be something that would be of more benefit to players of all levels, rather than just endgame, so either of these ideas would fit in with that at least.
"
Hodari wrote:
I'd be ok with charms ONLY if they had a separate inventory section for them and they didn't take up space in the current inventory.

As for mercs, would be tough to balance properly, but if they could do that, it would help to even out the gap between solo and party play a bit. I'd definitely like to see that.

They did say this expansion would be something that would be of more benefit to players of all levels, rather than just endgame, so either of these ideas would fit in with that at least.

I highly doubt its mercs and charms. Its lore based stuff.
"

Mechanics introduced into this game are often enough lore-based. See Vaal Corruption.

I'd argue that it's bonus dungeons randomly placed throughout the world. Maybe even single-player centered? You get to delve into the dungeon together with the NPC standing in front of the dungeon, making him a "temporary mercenary". Upon completion he offers a gear reward you get to choose.

I'd love more gear rewards from quests in general so that's me basically dreaming. Don't mind me. :X
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 25, 2014, 5:50:32 AM
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"

Mechanics introduced into this game are often enough lore-based. See Vaal Corruption.

I'd argue that it's bonus dungeons randomly placed throughout the world. Maybe even single-player centered? You get to delve into the dungeon together with the NPC standing in front of the dungeon, making him a "temporary mercenary". Upon completion he offers a gear reward you get to choose.

I'd love more gear rewards from quests in general so that's me basically dreaming. Don't mind me. :X

Random repeatable quests would be pretty awesome. Though I don't know about gear rewards--the problem with gear rewards is that 98% of the time you just turn around and sell it back to the NPC that gave it to you.
"
AllisonW wrote:
Random repeatable quests would be pretty awesome. Though I don't know about gear rewards--the problem with gear rewards is that 98% of the time you just turn around and sell it back to the NPC that gave it to you.

I'd rather have a guaranteed rare than none rare due to overbalanced shitty drops. :X

Well, one could randomize the quest rewards possible. Maybe even award low-tier uniques. At least you can craft some Chances with that.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 25, 2014, 6:06:23 AM
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
"
AllisonW wrote:

I'd rather have a guaranteed rare than none rare due to overbalanced shitty drops. :X

Well, one could randomize the quest rewards possible. Maybe even award low-tier uniques. At least you can craft some Chances with that.

Nah, trash rares are easy to find. It's finding rares that aren't garbage that's the entire problem.

Also, to whoever suggested D2-style charms: hell no. Sure they're a choice yada yada they are a really annoying choice.
I'd be rather disappointed with Mercs, especially if they were a large portions of the new content as I have no desire to use them ever. Well at least I'll still have free respecs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info