Trade Hate: Which one takes more skill?

Considering all the major viewpoints that have been hacked to death (and then repeated to be hacked to death again by people who didn't read/follow the thread from the beginning), I think it's safe to say "/thread" on this one.

There are only a few important things to glean from all this noise:

1. There is a section of SFL players (however small) that are very vocal about wanting it.

2. GGG probably will not implement it while the SFL players cannot agree on what it is they want, especially since it goes against what GGG themselves have stated as their vision of the game to be.

3. If GGG pursues the paid-for private leagues, then all this SFL QQ was pointless anyway, since they will get what they want through that if they are willing to pay for it.

I don't think there's any point trying to argue it more, honestly, but if you should choose to do so, I'll happily sit here and observe. Maybe continue to chime in here and there, but I don't see anything meaningful coming from continuing all this.

Also, arguing over how many people are on each side is pretty pointless.
"
I find this to be extremely rude. Any reason you can't keep thoughts like this in your head instead of typing them?

I'm sorry you were offended. I gave up trying to use reason.

"
I feel like you guys are "fretting about it" which is odd considering it really wouldn't affect your game play experience. I am certainly not fretting about it. :)

I just feel bad people are wasting their time on this idea. However, since this idea is probably never going to be implemented, I am basically just wasting my own time at this point.

I'm going to leave this here one more time:

"
Path of Exile is designed around a strong barter-based online item economy, deep character customisation, competitive PvP and ladder races
Last edited by Martial_God on Jul 28, 2014, 4:26:49 PM
I'm still waiting on a strong barter based economy. All I see right now is essentially an Auction House with Buy outs.

"

It doesn't bother me. I was just trying to see if any actual arguments existed for why this should be implemented aside from "we want it".

I posted why people want it a few posts back, try reading.

"
and that they have no evidence of significant support for the idea

The only possible evidence any of us can show has already been done in Petrovs thread which doesn't really prove either side. So asking for an impossible task is unfair at best from your side.

"

I'm sorry you were offended. I gave up trying to use reason.

No need to get mad just because others don't agree with you.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Jul 28, 2014, 4:58:07 PM
"
iamstryker wrote:
I'm still waiting on a strong barter based economy. All I see right now is essentially an Auction House with Buy outs.

If you're referring to poe.xyz, I absolutely agree. I just wish they'd be honest about it and implement one in-game. I even made a post about it: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/982025/page/1. It's kind of a "pseudo-AH" that preserves the barter aspect for the people who value it and follow that practice. For most others, it will be a way to quickly close trades.

I don't think it would break their vision of the game, but it would certainly take some of the hassle out of the process.
"

I agree this is broken but that's an entirely different discussion.

"
I posted why people want it a few posts back, try reading.

I saw everything you wrote and have already seen those same reasons posted elsewhere. Why you want it is irrelevant in my opinion, as I have said multiple times. I tried to explain it in depth already but I guess I will try one more time: This game is specifically designed with the intention to not be self-found. You want to play a different game.

EDIT: Basically what I mean is all the reasons you stated are basically reasons why those players don't like the game the way it was designed to be played. Instead of suggesting ways to improve the game as it is, you just want to re-design the game to be the way you want.
Last edited by Martial_God on Jul 28, 2014, 5:11:21 PM
"
Everyone who is for this idea has clearly demonstrated to me that no such argument exists,

Ok so you did read why people want it and are acting like there is no reason simply because the game was meant to have a "strong barter based economy". Then when I point out that the game doesn't have a strong barter based economy you say "thats a different discussion". facepalm.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
Everyone who is for this idea has clearly demonstrated to me that no such argument exists,

Ok so you did read why people want it and are acting like there is no reason simply because the game was meant to have a "strong barter based economy". Then when I point out that the game doesn't have a strong barter based economy you say "thats a different discussion". facepalm.

Yes because the correct discussion is trying to figure out how to improve the barter system to be more in line with how it was intended to be, not make a different game.
Hilarious thread, full of people waving e-peens around and insulting each other. Community is terrible.
"

Yes because the correct discussion is trying to figure out how to improve the barter system to be more in line with how it was intended to be, not make a different game.

That would be great. Please PM me the moment you see one hint of evidence that this game will EVER get a barter system instead of an AH.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"

That would be great. Please PM me the moment you see one hint of evidence that this game will EVER get a barter system instead of an AH.

A barter system in the absence of a reasonable way to search for items and contact the seller is simply primitive, ineffective, and frustrating. I'm not saying that people should only deal in buyouts, though. I just want an in-game means of finding items and contacting the seller with an offer without wading through an ocean of $pam Chat.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info