Trade Hate: Which one takes more skill?

"
The thing you quoted about paid leagues with custom rules sounds like it could be cool, and if that is something GGG said they might want to implement I see no problems with that. However, I am not sure if GGG is still pursuing this idea, as I have not seen anything about it since beta.

This is also a great justification for them not to add a SFL. If they continue with developing the paid-for private leagues, SF players can just make their own and play those instead of asking GGG to enforce such rules. This way, they don't have to go out of their way, and the SFL players (who I also believe are just a very vocal minority) can have their way too.

"
iamstryker wrote:
The whole vocal minority thing is just an argument people throw around to feel like their side is right.

You insinuating that people only say this to sound right is in itself a hypocrisy; you are saying it so that you can sound more "right." I already discussed the legitimacy of when vocal minorities get their way in an earlier post. Calling them such does not mean they are inherently incorrect, but it does mean their justification needs to be rock solid. This is not the case with the pro-SFL sect of players right now. Maybe it eventually could be, but I somehow doubt it.
Just out of interest, what do you guys(albino mostly, since he has posted a lot in here) think of the idea mentioned in here earlier about instead of a new league simply an option to tick when creating characters that makes characters share a different stash to your normal one and unable to trade, but still on the same leagues as everyone else? Im guessing this would actually be MORE effort on GGGs part, but just curious.

(More specifically, do you find that idea any different to a league.)
IGN
Last edited by MierenEronaile on Jul 28, 2014, 1:54:09 PM
"
Just out of interest, what do you guys(albino mostly, since he has posted a lot in here) think of the idea mentioned in here earlier about instead of a new league simply an option to tick when creating characters that makes characters share a different stash to your normal one and unable to trade, but still on the same leagues as everyone else? Im guessing this would actually be MORE effort on GGGs part, but just curious.

How would this be different from just deciding for yourself to play self found? This is a lot different from having an entire new league with its own ladder and (from what I can tell a lot of people who want SFL want) modified drop rates.
"
"

How would this be different from just deciding for yourself to play self found? This is a lot different from having an entire new league with its own ladder and (from what I can tell a lot of people who want SFL want) modified drop rates.

Mostly because in that situation you could A) Prove you were self found and B) Easily have something marking characters as self found on the ladders.

/Shrug.
IGN
"

This is already one of the biggest factors between leagues. But let me touch on a different, but related, point:

Many people have stated earlier that a SFL should still allow parties. To this, I must disagree. Even with perm-allocation, just the act of grouping up with another person already defeats the purpose of a SFL, because they can "carry" you though content you are not strong enough to do alone and let you pick up your share of the allocated loot. I'm sure you see the problem here:

If a "SFL" character could play in a normal league, normal characters who have traded can rush "SFL" characters through content for access to better loot than they have earned. This is the main point of a SFL, is it not? The challenge? So, sure. You can argue that you may not participate in such behaviors, but there are those that would, and even having a ladder around this idea is immediately shot. This would still be the case if a SFL character were to help another SFL character in the same manner.

Ultimately, I don't think it helps the game any, and I don't think the pro-SFL players get what they really want out of it.
Fair enough, I do actually agree those are problems for it. Was mostly just curious what anti SFL people thought of it.
IGN
"
Mostly because in that situation you could A) Prove you were self found and B) Easily have something marking characters as self found on the ladders.

/Shrug.

I mean I personally don't see any point, but I don't see something like that being a big deal if it was added as opposed to a new league. I still doubt they will implement something like that though.
Last edited by Martial_God on Jul 28, 2014, 2:10:43 PM
"
Fair enough, I do actually agree those are problems for it. Was mostly just curious what anti SFL people thought of it.

Well, my last post wasn't as much just being anti-SFL as it was to highlight the issues that go into that idea.

I wouldn't be against SFL if (a) enough of the player base really wanted it, and (b) implementation doesn't split the player base or change core game mechanics unevenly between said leagues (except of course a HC SFL).
"
"

/Shrug.

I mean I personally don't see any point, but I don't see something like that being a big deal if it was added as opposed to a new league. I still doubt they will implement something like that though.

Yea, I dont expect it or even want that option, I would just settle for it if I couldnt get anything else lol. I just thought it might address some of the population splitting issue.
IGN
"

You insinuating that people only say this to sound right is in itself a hypocrisy; you are saying it so that you can sound more "right."

No, I would rather no one bring it up at all since without a good in game poll being done no one really knows, its all conjecture based on what we see in the forums which has low traffic. I only respond to those accusing my side of being a minority. I do not use that argument to sound more right, what I do say in here is that GGG only needs to see enough people interested in it, which based on the many many threads over the last year they probably are getting the hint that plenty of people are interested.

"
I already discussed the legitimacy of when vocal minorities get their way in an earlier post. Calling them such does not mean they are inherently incorrect, but it does mean their justification needs to be rock solid. This is not the case with the pro-SFL sect of players right now. Maybe it eventually could be, but I somehow doubt it.

This league would just be an addition to the game, it needs no justification other than enough people wanting to play it whether they are not satisfied with the current game or just want something else to do. Everyone knows that GGG doesn't have to make it.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Jul 28, 2014, 2:47:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info