$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$

"
mist4lyf wrote:
By the way I see you have trap>added cold damage>cold snap linked. It's purpose is to freeze the monsters so they stay still and get burned by the totems?

Also would you recommend generosity gem on the auras?

Cold Snap trap is also nice booby trapping strong boxes, slowing down annoying mobs, etc.

No, do not use generosity for the auras. You need those Purity and Discipline auras to stay alive yourself.
Oh strongboxes are sometimes quite scary to me. So an idea of a booby trap sounds great :D
Quality added cold increases the freeze chance, and also more cold damage to increase freeze duration (white mobs mostly). But with the proliferation bonus of the doryani's catalyst, 3 cold snap traps placed around a strongbox locks down everything and your two totems can fire away unhindered :)
IGN: Grave_Intentions
$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802
I see I see. 3 levels till my doryani D:
I am bit confused here.

My setup currently is this

With doryani and shield I get this DPS 3,068

With redbeak and shield I get this DPS 2,913 <-- (most of the damage comes from the low life boost the sword provides)

I thought the doryani was much stronger or does it not show in the tooltip? Or perhaps the main point of the doryani is the big boost in elemental damage and it doesn't show in the dps? Also what good is the elemental damage leeched as life. I have no life pretty much anyways
Last edited by mist4lyf on Sep 22, 2014, 2:23:27 AM
"
mist4lyf wrote:
I am bit confused here.

My setup currently is this

With doryani and shield I get this DPS 3,068

With redbeak and shield I get this DPS 2,913 <-- (most of the damage comes from the low life boost the sword provides)

I thought the doryani was much stronger or does it not show in the tooltip? Or perhaps the main point of the doryani is the big boost in elemental damage and it doesn't show in the dps? Also what good is the elemental damage leeched as life. I have no life pretty much anyways

The leech life applies to your totems. This means they have much more survivability which in turn means they deal more damage. Think of doryani as a combination of cybil's paw and redbeak.

The added bonus of lvl 20 ele prolif means that you also get a free 4-link, great for trap + cold snap + multi trap/Q added cold damage
Last edited by shiro_yami on Sep 22, 2014, 2:33:23 AM
Oh I see. But in terms of just damage put out from the flame totem is quite similar, doryani's elemental boost vs redbeak elemental boost on low life and I thought it would be a big difference. I do like the extended survivability from the life leech and the nice 4 link trap to use on strong boxes. So I am using the doryani for the life leech+ proliferation bonus?
Last edited by mist4lyf on Sep 22, 2014, 2:56:45 AM
"
Fri3dchick3m wrote:
"
garthhey wrote:
I am following this build most of the way except starting as a scion!
the min-maxer inside of me is screaming "Noooo..." But honestly it's not too bad a difference if you can still get the big spell% and 12%ES nodes in the witch starting area. It just will take you an extra 2-3 levels longer for the build to mature, over starting as a witch - good news is, you will reach the same end point regardless.

I order to get those points in spell dmg would you suggest going through practical application. The nodes that reduced stun interruption?

Or what would you suggest going through to pick up those spell dmg nodes?

Update on the scion build, went low life from level 47 which was not a good idea but at the same time redbeak dmg boost makes clearing fast. It did mean until I got my auras up and running I was one shotted by any exile or hard hitting mob. Now at 56 still got to play really safe but it is getting better. I would not recommend going low-life too soon. My ES with dicpline is now up to 1000 and feeling a little better. Just desperately needing a Solaris now dam merciless act 3 has a lot of chaos dmg:(
Yeh without a solaris and using low life build is pretty annoying. I bought a 4L solaris very early and then bought the 6L at lvl 60+
"
mist4lyf wrote:
Oh I see. But in terms of just damage put out from the flame totem is quite similar, doryani's elemental boost vs redbeak elemental boost on low life and I thought it would be a big difference. I do like the extended survivability from the life leech and the nice 4 link trap to use on strong boxes. So I am using the doryani for the life leech+ proliferation bonus?

If you read the OP post, the numbers are pretty much there. It's just a small increase in damage but a HUGE jump in totem survivability which also means more overall damage(less recast).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info