$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$

"
garthhey wrote:
I am following this build most of the way except starting as a scion!
the min-maxer inside of me is screaming "Noooo..." But honestly it's not too bad a difference if you can still get the big spell% and 12%ES nodes in the witch starting area. It just will take you an extra 2-3 levels longer for the build to mature, over starting as a witch - good news is, you will reach the same end point regardless.
IGN: Grave_Intentions
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802
"
Jeets wrote:
Been using this build since rampage started. My only qualm with this build is its very hard to cull in speed clear groups (which is pretty much every map group ATM). Other than that the build works well.

Wouldn't recommend this to new players but I've made a crap ton of currency with this build!
i completely agree with you on all points; the root cause a low base movement speed.

2 things that helped me in party play was running Haste (sacrificing a purity aura or 2), and 2 haste flasks. Just be very careful, as groups don't always coordinate so well and you end up dealing with stray mobs, or your team fracturing and putting you in jeopardy. I've seen a few deaths because of bad party dynamics, or general confusion over which is the best way to clear a map.

I made 6ex last two days with selling drops, found 1ex, and chaos recipe.
Last edited by Fri3dchick3m on Sep 19, 2014, 5:32:44 PM
In terms of red socket gem and pure dmg, is fire penetration the best ?
"
mist4lyf wrote:
In terms of red socket gem and pure dmg, is fire penetration the best ?

The only other choices for a red socket would be Iron Will or Empower. Iron Will is out for obvious reasons. Empower scales up the base damage of Flame Totem (20->23) by about 28% more damage, but Fire Penetration gets you up to 35% more damage based on the resists of the target mob. In general, Fire Pen is both better and cheaper.

Last edited by xythian on Sep 19, 2014, 7:06:11 PM
oh I see. I guess I will use fire penetration to test it out :D
On the sklll tree I see a few nodes of "increased effect of buffs on you", what are they referring to as "buffs". Are they referring to something along the lines of, "increase spell damage on my shield 60%" and that will be increased?
"
mist4lyf wrote:
On the sklll tree I see a few nodes of "increased effect of buffs on you", what are they referring to as "buffs". Are they referring to something along the lines of, "increase spell damage on my shield 60%" and that will be increased?

No. Temporary effects like auras and self buffs.
What are some examples of self buffs?
"
mist4lyf wrote:
What are some examples of self buffs?

Arctic Armor, Herald of Ash, Herald of Ice, Tempest Shield, etc.

Also, just because it should be mentioned. The mana degen from Artic Armor is also 'buffed' by the Inner Force cluster. This means you get more physical and fire damage reduction, but also have an increased mana degen cost.
Last edited by xythian on Sep 20, 2014, 3:21:54 PM
By the way I see you have trap>added cold damage>cold snap linked. It's purpose is to freeze the monsters so they stay still and get burned by the totems?

Also would you recommend generosity gem on the auras?
Last edited by mist4lyf on Sep 20, 2014, 6:25:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info