3,000+ Hours Played Feedback (Nothing New)

"
h3rp3s wrote:
4. No end game content

What do you do once you have leveled your character and finally obtained the gear you want through trading?

Nothing... That's the problem with PoE endgame. There isn't one.

The only thing I dont agree is this. I think map system, while its a huge currency sink with rng progression based, its better than other games "endgame". Yeah, that rng can fuck you hard when you don't have luck, but with all the adjust GGG has made during the last year and those cartoboxes the system is in a good spot.

Its funny to read in retrospective those who defend the initial stage of mapping, how wrong they were. The same will happen with the crafting rework that GGG will make sooner or later, and the balance between loot and trading they will probably do someday.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Endgame is mapping or rerolling. Your currency drops are oddly low for that many hours. It is always better to buy the item, unless the item you want doesn't exist. There's no way around this. And desync is what it is. Best one can do is play around it. Or rather, play to prevent it

Indeed.

"Currency Drops are also horrible. I have had 1 Eternal, 6-10 exalts drop, and 1-2 divines."

I'm at just over double that /played.

His 1 eternal correlates well, I just got my 2nd this week.

His 6-10 exalts is really low, I'm well over 100.

His 1-2 divines is extremely low, I'm probably well over 50, they seem to drop a little over half as often as exalts.

I could only put this down to how much of that 3,000 hours is actively killing beasties and of course opening chests and breaking pots.

It's worth noting, while boss runs focused on rushing the boss and repeating will net high currency by way of trading up and selling items, they are going to drop very few exalts.

I think Piety, for example has dropped me 1 single exalt in probably 1,000's of kills. The trash, chests and pots on route to her, though, dozens.

And here is where the fun start. Its the same in most discussions I see on these topics. People's reality is their own experience. If they had huge luck, they will think the game is fine. Not sure about your opinion regarding the drop rate, but thats not the point.

You had, in 6k hours, around 100 ex? I had like 6-8 in 2k hours. 1 eternal, like 10-12 divines. This doesn't feel balanced. 2 fucking K hours, and I've looted just that. Its even more flagrant when you know that the chances of those orbs to make useful results are so slim that, you can use all your orbs earned in 2k hours of gameplay and end with nothing.

Endgame uniques? Best drops are a BoR (when its value was 9-10ex) that I used to reroll and create a new char. Lioneye's Glare when their value on standard is like 2-3ex, and another BoR in these 1Month leagues, valued in 2ex because the nerf. Nothing more. And then, I see on another post of you that you found CoE, Shavs, etc etc etc. 2 FUCKING K hours, and I've never found a GG unique besides those 2. Yeah, I don't expect GG gear raining, I'm not even playing with 400IIR on every char, but hell, this is just sureal. Of course, after trading, flipping mostly, I was able to buy an aegis, alpha's or a bino, but thats not rewarding for me. And thats why a lot of people complain (or even leave the game).

I'm not blaming at your luck or something like that, I just picked your post and your wealth as an example to compare with mine to see how different our experience with the game has been.
♠RaGoN♦
Empty words.

1. Buffing drop rates for orbs means orbs are valued less and their "buypower" remains the same. Instead of whining "I only found 5 exalts" you'd be whining "I only found 100 exalts".

Same goes for those items, they're valued because they're rare and powerful. Make them more common and you wouldn't value it when they drop eventually.

2. I think GGG knows desync is bad already and they're doing the best they can to reduce it. Post a detailed feedback how you desynced and maybe they'll look deeper into it (like that Vaal desync thread).

3. Crafting can't give guaranteed results on rares since rares are the most powerful items in the game. You can craft magic items and gamble rares. No problem here.

Also, the moment they enhance crafting to yield better rares, the price of good rares goes down and you would still QQ "I can buy better rare with less orbs". As long as trading exists, it's always better way to acquire items.

4. Aha, what would be endgame content for you? There's the map system, leveling that takes ages, option to PvP (needs improving), uber boss etc, "crafting" (gambling) insane rares to perfect your build etc.

"
Grughal wrote:
Empty words.

1. Buffing drop rates for orbs means orbs are valued less and their "buypower" remains the same. Instead of whining "I only found 5 exalts" you'd be whining "I only found 100 exalts".

Same goes for those items, they're valued because they're rare and powerful. Make them more common and you wouldn't value it when they drop eventually.

2. I think GGG knows desync is bad already and they're doing the best they can to reduce it. Post a detailed feedback how you desynced and maybe they'll look deeper into it (like that Vaal desync thread).

3. Crafting can't give guaranteed results on rares since rares are the most powerful items in the game. You can craft magic items and gamble rares. No problem here.

Also, the moment they enhance crafting to yield better rares, the price of good rares goes down and you would still QQ "I can buy better rare with less orbs". As long as trading exists, it's always better way to acquire items.

4. Aha, what would be endgame content for you? There's the map system, leveling that takes ages, option to PvP (needs improving), uber boss etc, "crafting" (gambling) insane rares to perfect your build etc.

Sorry but "gambling" crafting and leveling past 85 is not fun.

The problem of POE is not the drop rate nor the crafting, but the badly proportioned reward that these 2 completely RNG systems give to the players compared to their investment in time. This is true 99.9999% of the cases because that 0.0001% got a mirror drop :)

This game needs a ladder of rewards that grows with how much time people invest.

Nothing new, it is like crafting in WOW, or paragon levels in Diablo or the rewards of leagues itself...something let's say: if I grind 20 more hours I will get this reward (could be + Rarity, or + attribute or a gem or a unique....whatever)
Last edited by sfrattini on Jul 24, 2014, 8:10:22 AM
"

Mapping gets tiresome very quickly once you reach 78 maps. You run the same exact maps, with most likely the same mods over and over again. I feel like this is something that causes a lot of monotony in the, "end-game," that I've heard countless streamers talk about.

Leveling is not end-game, it's leveling. The exact opposite of end-game, so I don't know why you would even mention it here. Also, if you're a well experienced player and have 3,000 hours under your belt, you should easily be able to reach maps in 2 - 3 days. It's really not that hard.

As for PVP, most high level characters don't PVP, because they're running maps. I mean I myself would much rather run maps than try and use a flawed and pointless PVP system. So in reality it's not an option.

And for Uber bosses, you can do them 100's of times. Once you get all the drops off of it, there's really no point to doing it anymore. So again, not really a long term option for end-game.

And finally, crafting is not actually playing the game. It's not killing mobs, or gaining XP. It's simply sitting in town wasting currency. If that's the standard of end-game you have, I feel bad for you. In reality, it's a currency and time dump amassing the massive amounts of currency you would ever need to, "perfect," your items. Sure, the crit chance on your gloves can go up by 5%, and the life roll on your chest could be a tier higher. Honestly, it's not going to make any big changes.

Overall, once you get a character around the ranges of 89 - to mid 90's there's honestly nothing to do with that character but farm currency for new characters. So really, the only end-game I see here is farming currency for re-rolled characters. And it's honestly something that most, or maybe even all ARPG's struggle with. You don't see many decent examples of end-game anywhere in this genre anymore. So someone needs to come up with an evolving end-game, that will keep you entertained for long periods of time, and will still allow decent changes in your characters gear and stats.
"
Alea wrote:
also spending half of the currency in crafting maps else i lose my map pool, while im supposed to spare it to buy the super end unique that never drop...

nb: and yes; courty yard, palace, ship yard, shrine... 2x78 & 2x77 this is pretty poor ! would need way more :)

lol, u can still buy it from all those flippers out there...problem is, in order for them to make profit u pay a drop 50 ex.
I think ive played like 1000-1500 hours or so, split between steam and standalone

Of course no one can deny the game is fun, with those numbers.

But, i understood very early on that the so called crafting should be avoided, that the mod-pool was diluted with useless mods, and that unique drops in 99/100 cases would be bad.

At least the unique drops have improved. Still could need some tuning though, becuase fairly useless uniques pop up more often then not (even as levelling gear)

Would more deterministic rng have driven me away before this day? Perhaps, if i would have gotten BiS gear after a few months.

I do know there have been many moments i've been so sick of this game, becuase of the unfriendly rng. Prime example is linking (just 5-link mind you), chroming and the totally atrocious fragment hunting in city of sarn.

They are obviously there to slow the player down, and that in itself is probably not a bad thing, as long as it is done within reason. As it is now, it will only serve to drive people away, becasue it doesn't feel just at all!

My goal atm is just to kill Atziri, and then uninstall
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
lol every negative feedback posts about drop rate or something, some people always reply defensive logic for GGG even though the negative feedback posts are agreeable. because for defenders, they are enjoying the game and they don't want to someone to say "poe is sucks" and they don't want to hear those kind of things. because of their self-confidence to this game like (POE is the best game) sick and tired to see those defenders. the reason why players write these kind of posts is that although they tried their best like accumulate items for orbs and trade (even though garbage uniques and rares are hard to sell), play whole day, these things were useless and not effective. without criticize, no development.
Last edited by lky940820 on Jul 24, 2014, 8:55:38 AM
I am probably well over 5k and apart from a few lucky endgame drops, item progression SUCKS, you want something better you need to buy it? what type of crafting system is this?, building up wealth to buy something is fine, you would think, it makes sence to have it as design is that not what people do ? save up for expensive items and buy them!

Sure but there is NO in between, also most of the time i can go with doing a new char from lvl 1-66 without finding more then 1-3 chaos some alts and few lower then alch tier orbs, on one of the new league starts my char was at merciless act 1 with 0 chaos 0 alch 2 chances some alts 3-4fuse and prob as many jewelers, this was almost clearing evrything, friends gave me free upgrades because i could in no way pay them with NOTHING.

So no droprates, no crafting to help that, no recipes for crafting base items ( they s started with the weapon recipe but thats far from enough personally i DONT play melee so? useless to me. there is nothing that makes me feel like i am doing progression just that i am playing path of exile that I am 100% not immersed, Ever, because there is nothing to do apart make new builds. endgame? none yet. maps are a fun thing to do , if you enjoy that type of endless grind that costs TONS to keep playing it? i dont, if i am going to pay for an area i dont want it to be using all my wealth im already always too poor to afford helping people more :(.

Its all balanced like this.

Path of exile is about trading, the core mechanic of poe is that "everyone" is trading there items, and thats how that is balanced, even if you have the worst rng you're supose to not care and just trade instead, if its not ment this way please up the droprates.

path of exile is a multiplayer game you cannot play it solo and expect a good experience, some chars wont be possible to create solo, almost none will)

Also they obviously have to balance the game out with vendor recipes but never took the time to adding more, and fixing the completely useless ones.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
Last edited by Sawm on Jul 24, 2014, 9:06:11 AM
"
RaGoNXIII wrote:
I'm not blaming at your luck or something like that, I just picked your post and your wealth as an example to compare with mine to see how different our experience with the game has been.

I can only re-emphasise play style, here.

I'm pretty sure exalts, while rare, are common enough to even out when we are talking about thousands of hours.

It lies in play style, this can be a HUGE factor.

Let's take a 3k hour example and look at some different activities which can be part of any one individual's time.

Trading and Item Flipping
While trading is by far the most rewarding, it doesn't loot exalts, not the actual time trading.

Boss Flipping
As I said earlier, while rushing to Piety/Dom, bursting the piñata and repeating will net more currency than farming up to them, it will drop very few, if any, exalted orbs. The trash on route, however, will.

Rerolling
It's a common misconception that most exalts drop while levelling. Maybe if levelling is where you do most killing of trash and once levelled spend a lot of time flipping items or bosses, yes. But if after levelling you become a MUCH more efficient AoE farmer (usually the case) and actually farm (the kicker), then it is very apparent where the most drop.

AFKing
Pretty obvious one, AFKing isn't gonna drop shit.

So if I pick 2 hypothetical people who played for 3k hours. Not stereotypes, not referencing any player, just hypothetical extremes.

First Guy
-Is forever rerolling, loves levelling new characters.
-Spends a lot of time trading and flipping items.
-Makes a ton of currency flipping Dominus, chaos recipe, selling uniques, trading alts up at vendor.
-AFKs in town quite a bit, RL demands etc, but wants to be on-line for trades.
-Ignores chests, yes, I have seen this a lot on popular streams. CBA to go open that chest, often ANY chest, 12 pots over in that corner.. fuck them, they are empty anyway.

Second Guy
-Rerolls rarely, loves end game AoE farming.
-Never trades, is self found but has amassed decent gear over time.
-Runs Piety, but runs Lunaris more than anything, Piety is just the end. Being self found, the point of the run is getting many different currencies as trading fuses for exes, etc, isn't a thing.
-Is rarely ever AFK, when online it's mass killing of beasties.
-Opens every single chest, breaks every single pot.

Now, let's not get caught up in who is playing right or wrong, because both are playing right, the way they want to.

First guy is rich, he has a sizeable sum of exalts.

Second guy doesn't have a single exalt to his name, he uses them as he finds them.

First guy reports in his 3k hours, he has found only 5 exalts.

Second guy reports in his 3k hours he has found 50 exalts.

There is no lucky/unlucky involved here, RNG didn't bless one and shit on the other.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jul 24, 2014, 9:38:50 AM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

First guy reports in his 3k hours, he has found only 5 exalts.

Second guy reports in his 3k hours he has found 50 exalts.

There is no lucky/unlucky involved here, RNG didn't bless one and shit on the other.

2nd guy here, but I have probably found 10-15ex total since open beta.
I am convinced that people defending the current RNG method are not grinding but making their fortune by flipping items and reselling for RL$, just my thought of course I do not want to accuse anyone directly...but that would explain why they like this system.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info