3,000+ Hours Played Feedback (Nothing New)

"
sfrattini wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

First guy reports in his 3k hours, he has found only 5 exalts.

Second guy reports in his 3k hours he has found 50 exalts.

There is no lucky/unlucky involved here, RNG didn't bless one and shit on the other.

2nd guy here, but I have probably found 10-15ex total since open beta.
I am convinced that people defending the current RNG method are not grinding but making their fortune by flipping items and reselling for RL$, just my thought of course I do not want to accuse anyone directly...but that would explain why they like this system.

Heh. I grind good sir. I don't flip, I don't RMT, and I rarely trade. Could the system use improvements? Of course, BUT one the reasons I like the game is you never know what you'll get. Just a day or two ago, I found a BoR, Cloak of Defiance, and a Rise of the Phoenix. Also a divine from an arcanist box. Was a good day.

Oh, and the day before I found an alphas howl.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Endgame is mapping or rerolling. Your currency drops are oddly low for that many hours. It is always better to buy the item, unless the item you want doesn't exist. There's no way around this. And desync is what it is. Best one can do is play around it. Or rather, play to prevent it

Something like this can be said only by Xaverdion, Slayer or Dirk Austin.

When i read something like this i want to shoot myself.
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Endgame is mapping or rerolling. Your currency drops are oddly low for that many hours. It is always better to buy the item, unless the item you want doesn't exist. There's no way around this. And desync is what it is. Best one can do is play around it. Or rather, play to prevent it

Something like this can be said only by Xaverdion, Slayer or Dirk Austin.

When i read something like this i want to shoot myself.

Logic overload?

The thing is, I dont like these apologist posts as well at all.

But two things are not up for debate:

1. trading will always be more efficient than crafting an item no matter how much stuff (currency) drops. The more good items drop, the cheaper they get and the more they nullify the increased droprate effect feeling. And guess, what: the game in SFL modus would be hell boring too, because almost all your drops would be worthless then and you would solely rely on RNG to get stuff.
2. ppl will always complain about bad drops, no matter how much the droprates get buffed.

This being said, it will be much better for poe to keep most things rare (look these atziri boots: 1c for nice boots, hell boring to grind or trade with it, a completely wasted item that is hard to beat for rare evasion boots and therefore increases the feeling of bad itemdrops in many cases).

The real problem of poe is not the droprates but the content and balance. It is stuck in the 90s too much. The map system is innovative, but thats about it. GGG should create alot more variety in what players can do in the endgame. And this shouldn't only be maps or bossfights but e.g. also occasional event areas, endgame quests, high currency sink magic find areas (=maps). Then the balance must get better. All low-life/aura abusing needs to get stopped. It really makes playing poe feeling useless if you are not one of these abusive builds.

These things will be essential for PoE's longlivety and must be addressed in the next mini expansion. I cant imagine to continue playing this game when maxing out my own build's gear doesnt make any sense or difference but on the other hand swapping chest for shavs, my mirrored sword for dagger and my melee skill for ST would increase me by 300-5000% in clearspeed and boss-fight efficiency. An absolute no-go.
Last edited by LSN on Jul 25, 2014, 5:31:11 AM
"
h3rp3s wrote:
After playing this game for thousands of hours... That's the problem with PoE endgame. There isn't one.

What is you've been doing for about 98% of those thousands of hours if not 'endgame'?
We tested it extensively
true shit
free bump!
"
What do you do once you have leveled your character and finally obtained the gear you want through trading?

I love this part. 'I'm level 100 with all the bestest gear and I don't have anything to do in this game!"

That's not end game what you are asking. That's beyond end game. You're done with your character at that point, time to reroll, move to another game or grind lvl 78 maps just for the fun of it (if that's even possible).
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
What would the ideal ratio be for the top tier uniques?
One every 100 unique drops?
One every 50 unique drops?
Out of the tier that people currently consider top I've dropped a Shavs...
This is out of a guesstimate of 600-800 unique drops.
Personally I'd love this number to be closer to 200...
That's still a lot of uniques...

The loot system isn't that bad. If you're farming correctly you will pull a few uniques an hour. However, the top tier uniques are quite rare and could use adjustment...

I have no issues with the currency drop rates.
do this :

Farm alternations -> sell to rmters for exalteds -> buy shit u need.

(but shavs are out of reach no matter how hard u will farm as casual, treating shavs as rmt tag :S)
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
h3rp3s wrote:
After playing this game for thousands of hours I have come to the following conclusions, as have many others. These are listed in order of importance.

1. PoE has Horrible Drop Rates (both currency and uniques)

In 3,000+ hours played I have yet to have any end game uniques drop. Soul Taker, Shavs, Kaoms, Auxium, Crown of Eyes, Void Battery, Mjolnir etc.

Currency Drops are also horrible. I have had 1 Eternal, 6-10 exalts drop, and 1-2 divines. This is far too low for thousands of hours played, and is a reason many leave this game.

2. Desync

Desync itself is annoying, but pair it with 10% death exp loss at 92+ and its just not worth it to level or play anymore.

3. Horrible RNG crafting system

In this game you are better off stockpiling orbs and buying the gear you want, rather than crafting it. This is a failed example of a crafting system in my opinion.

4. No end game content

What do you do once you have leveled your character and finally obtained the gear you want through trading?

Nothing... That's the problem with PoE endgame. There isn't one.

several K hours here, 75 ex drops, 2 items worth 20 ex, thats it
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info