A "thank you" thread.

It's like this guy never wants to see this game improve.
"FullyBlownDaddy"-FullBlownDaddy™
"FillBlownDaddy"-GGG
"FullBlownMommy"-Casual_Ascent
"

Nobody is holding you here, there are other games out there you might like more.

Im ashamed to say i think its pathetic how people turned an innocent thank you thread into a GGG hate thread. If you hate it, why keep posting here?

I often wonder this myself. It doesn't keep me up at night but what is the drive of the jaded, 'I hate everything about this game' players?

Corporate Espionage?

Jaded Lover?

Hell hath no fury?

Misery loves company?

This is a mystery that will probably never be solved. It will be masked in, "I obviously love this game more than anyone because I'm the only one who is honest" type garbage but that's just a ruse. Someone who truly loved the game would praise the good parts, provide constructive feedback on the bad and perhaps even a shred of hope for the game.
Last edited by Nubatron on Jul 23, 2014, 7:05:39 PM
Thanks guys for the guide links and the Wiki, I'll be sure to check them out!

On the subject of the game itself, no game is without its flaws. But this particular one has things that, in my opinion, make it the best ARPG at the moment. By far. And it's free.

And precisely for that reason I felt the need to give a small token of appreciation to the devs. Guys that actually love ARPG's and want to provide us with a gameplay experience that we can enjoy as much as possible.

And as far as I can see ingame, without a doubt, they succeded.

PD: to the guy complaining about the poor drop chance and no "endgame" (it's a gear grinding game, that's the endgame), believe me, a unique/legendary dropfest and mindless button mashing is far, far worse. Not to say having to pay full price for it.

Potato girl keeps on runnin'
"
Nubatron wrote:
"

Nobody is holding you here, there are other games out there you might like more.

Im ashamed to say i think its pathetic how people turned an innocent thank you thread into a GGG hate thread. If you hate it, why keep posting here?

I often wonder this myself. It doesn't keep me up at night but what is the drive of the jaded, 'I hate everything about this game' players?

Corporate Espionage?

Jaded Lover?

Hell hath no fury?

Misery loves company?

This is a mystery that will probably never be solved. It will be masked in, "I obviously love this game more than anyone because I'm the only one who is honest" type garbage but that's just a ruse. Someone who truly loved the game would praise the good parts, provide constructive feedback on the bad and perhaps even a shred of hope for the game.

Yeah, makes no sense at all. I dont like D3, i dont mention it much and i certainly dont post on their website. There is no reason for the POE and GGG haters to be here. Its like theyre pretending its the only arpg they could play.
"
scabre89 wrote:
It is exactly what an ARPG fan ever wanted, and I'm having a blast with it. Not only that but it is free and not P2W ... You make important decisions, the characters are unique, and the builds, countless. The passive skill forest, the gem system, the barter system, the gameplay, two handed axes don't use the same inventory space than a wand, the customization, I could keep going...

You actually use your head when playing this game.

I just had to quote this for emphasis since it's also what i love about this game.

As you have by now undoubtedly noticed, there will always be those who have lost their love for the game for various reasons and would like to make the new players' "honeymoon phase" end as quickly as possible. But since you've also mentioned how you know that every game has it's flaws, i'm pretty confident that you won't get scared away so easily ;)

As for some of those points that have been mentioned:

PoE has Horrible Drop Rates (both currency and uniques)

RNG is RNG. I've been playing since April (started in Ambush league) and had 3 exalt (overall 1 per month) and over 12 chaos drops so far; besides that i got some pretty nice uniques like Darkray vectors, Hyrri's ire, Brightbeak, Saffel's frame, Kaom's primacy, Moonsorrow and Death's harp. While admittedly most of those aren't outright endgame uniques, they'll undoubtedly help me build my future characters which is just as fine for me.

Desync

Ever since i started to read about the game on the forums and on reddit, i've seen this horse beaten to pulp. Much to my surprise i've been able to level up my marauder to 80+ levels without any major problems by simply reading up on the subject and watching a couple of videos which explain the issue and what can be done to circumnavigate it to some extent; i'm pretty sure i'll be able to do the same with my future chars as well.

It's late here so i'll stop writing; i'm sure OP will be able to make up his own mind along the way. Good luck ahead!
Last edited by Tom7i on Jul 23, 2014, 10:31:23 PM
"
Yeah, makes no sense at all. I dont like D3, i dont mention it much and i certainly dont post on their website. There is no reason for the POE and GGG haters to be here. Its like theyre pretending its the only arpg they could play.

Some people want to spread their hate far and wide. Some people enjoy trying to make other people miserable. And some people feel entitled.

Thats not to say everyone who has given negative thought about PoE is one of the above. I have made negative posts about parts I disagree with. But the people that I am referring to as the above are constantly negative and derail every thread they can to make it negative, especially those that are "thank you for the great game you made that I spent 1->10000 hours enjoying for free"
"
scabre89 wrote:
Thanks GGG.

Like many others, I waited anxiously the release of Diablo 3. And so, like many others, I was very disillusioned by it. Even to this day, with an expansion pack and countless patches, the game is not what I expected (and probably never will be) from Diablo 3.

A few weeks ago I started playing Path of Exile, and I have nothing but praise for this game.

It is exactly what an ARPG fan ever wanted, and I'm having a blast with it. Not only that but it is free and not P2W ... You make important decisions, the characters are unique, and the builds, countless. The passive skill forest, the gem system, the barter system, the gameplay, two handed axes don't use the same inventory space than a wand, the customization, I could keep going...

You actually use your head when playing this game.

So, once again, thank you for this awesome game GGG, keep it up!

I'm glad that, like me and many others, you enjoy the game and it's fun aspects without letting the flaws of it eat your head.
Once you hit early end-game (level 65-70) you're invited to run some maps with me.
If you feel generous, it would be a pleasure if you support GGG and get beautiful in-game effects or stash tabs.
Another quality ZAP! post.
So, I'm currently lv 65, been playing with a friend, and I thought I'd sum up my final impressions on the game.

So far so good, the challenge is there, despite having learned the skill tree (my section) I still stop to think carefully where to put the next point (the skill reset with the next expansion will be most welcomed xD).
Mobs are quite difficult now, there is definitely no facerolling (specially certain bosses) so I'm trying to get those uniques I need to really boost my build up.

Still trying to get used to the trading system tough (couldn't buy anything yet lol), CO and EX do seem a bit scarce,so I'm looking for threads that explain how to trade efficiently, but other than that the game does not fail to meet my expectations.

I'm anxious to get started on Act 3 :D

PoE all the way man, cheers!
Potato girl keeps on runnin'
Nice to hear you having a blast. Consider joining a guild for build advice and price check but also some mapping in a solid group if you feel like doing some multiplayer with someone other your friend.
Keep on rockin'.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info