A "thank you" thread.

Thanks GGG.

Like many others, I waited anxiously the release of Diablo 3. And so, like many others, I was very disillusioned by it. Even to this day, with an expansion pack and countless patches, the game is not what I expected (and probably never will be) from Diablo 3.

A few weeks ago I started playing Path of Exile, and I have nothing but praise for this game.

It is exactly what an ARPG fan ever wanted, and I'm having a blast with it. Not only that but it is free and not P2W ... You make important decisions, the characters are unique, and the builds, countless. The passive skill forest, the gem system, the barter system, the gameplay, two handed axes don't use the same inventory space than a wand, the customization, I could keep going...

You actually use your head when playing this game.

So, once again, thank you for this awesome game GGG, keep it up!
Potato girl keeps on runnin'
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Welcome on board!

Consider posting feedback here once you got more details you can press into your early impression: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/73088/

Always ask for help or search the wiki if certain mechanics are not making sense for you. Join a nice guild and see if you can connect to some people who might help you aswell, if you happen to get stuck. :)
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 23, 2014, 12:43:40 PM
After playing this game for thousands of hours I have come to the following conclusions as have many others. These are listed in order of importance.

1. PoE has Horrible Drop Rates (both currency and uniques)

In 3,000+ hours played I have yet to have any end game uniques drop. Soul Taker, Shavs, Kaoms, Auxium, Crown of Eyes etc.

Currency Drops are also horrible. I have had 1 Eternal, 6-10 exalts drop, and 1-2 divines. This is far too low for thousands of hours played, and is a reason many leave this game.

2. Desync

Desync itself is annoying, but pair it with 10% death exp loss at 92+ and its just not worth it to level or play anymore.

3. Horrible RNG crafting system

In this game you are better off stockpiling orbs and buying the gear you want, rather than crafting it. This is a failed example of a crafting system in my opinion.

4. No end game content

What do you do once you have leveled your character and finally obtained the gear you want through trading?

Nothing... That's the problem with PoE endgame. There isn't one.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Last edited by lVlage on Jul 23, 2014, 1:08:13 PM
"
h3rp3s wrote:
After playing this game for thousands of hours I have come to the following conclusions.

Spoiler

In 2,000+ hours played I have yet to have any end game uniques drop. Soul Taker, Shavs, Kaoms, Auxium etc.

Currency Drops are also horrible. I have had about 1 Eternal, and about 6-10 exalts drops, with a 1-2 divines. This is far to low for thousands of hours played, and is a reason many leave this game.

2. Desync

Desync itself is annoying, but pair it with 10% death exp loss at 92+ and its just not worth it to level or play anymore.

In this game you are better off stockpiling orbs and buying the gear you want, rather than crafting it. This is a failed example of a crafting system imo.
Spoiler

Dont bring negativity in a nice thread, please.

To the OP: Thanks for the kind words, its rarely seen in these parts. :)
Welcome (over)board, Exile! Mind you dun step in the troll dung.

I strongly recommend this YouTube channel for tutorials and up-to-date analyses of new patches, items, and mechanics:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ZiggyDStarcraft

Very much worth a sub for any PoE player. ZiggyD also covers some other games (just ignore the games you dun like), and he's a lotta fun to watch. Seeya on the beach! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Jul 23, 2014, 1:56:49 PM
"
"
h3rp3s wrote:
After playing this game for thousands of hours I have come to the following conclusions.

Spoiler

In 2,000+ hours played I have yet to have any end game uniques drop. Soul Taker, Shavs, Kaoms, Auxium etc.

Currency Drops are also horrible. I have had about 1 Eternal, and about 6-10 exalts drops, with a 1-2 divines. This is far to low for thousands of hours played, and is a reason many leave this game.

2. Desync

In this game you are better off stockpiling orbs and buying the gear you want, rather than crafting it. This is a failed example of a crafting system imo.
Spoiler

Dont bring negativity in a nice thread, please.

To the OP: Thanks for the kind words, its rarely seen in these parts. :)

I was the OP once. Still am as long as I stick to creating alts when I hit level 60'ish. To play beyond 60'ish, the negativity you said to not bring to this thread is spot on. Time played means nothing. You have to trade to win.

Luckily, I enjoy making alts, but it would be nice if I could craft, find my own items to progress, and get access to the locked away areas of the game where the top-end items I would like to find can drop.
"
Galtrovan wrote:
You have to trade to win.

To win what? (Or where?)

(simple question, yet still no one answered me on it ^_^)
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
One thing that you can learn from Herpes... play the game in a way that you enjoy. He doesn't like the game at higher levels. Fine. Don't play it at higher levels.

Sometime about 2002... maybe later, people started playing these game like it was a job. You don't play the first 90 levels for fun... you work through them so you qualify for this "end game" stuff. Utter nonsense. Of course he's upset with that, because that's not what the game is designed for. It tolerates that play, but it's designed with that in mind.
After level 90, the best thing is to either

A) retire and build a new build

B) Just play casually like doing a map here and there once in a while.

I chose option B) and when I do play its a lot of fun but not serious about levelling up
or getting much better gear and becomes more of a slot machine for me with what unique
can drop :)

No game is perfect buT this is the closest for an ARPG :)
It's good you enjoy the game so. Do us all a favor and try your best not to turn into a jaded vet in the coming months.

Also negativity spreads like herpes on these forums, tread with caution.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info