A "thank you" thread.

"
h3rp3s wrote:
After playing this game for thousands of hours I have come to the following conclusions as have many others. These are listed in order of importance.

1. PoE has Horrible Drop Rates (both currency and uniques)

In 3,000+ hours played I have yet to have any end game uniques drop. Soul Taker, Shavs, Kaoms, Auxium, Crown of Eyes etc.

Currency Drops are also horrible. I have had 1 Eternal, 6-10 exalts drop, and 1-2 divines. This is far too low for thousands of hours played, and is a reason many leave this game.

2. Desync

Desync itself is annoying, but pair it with 10% death exp loss at 92+ and its just not worth it to level or play anymore.

3. Horrible RNG crafting system

In this game you are better off stockpiling orbs and buying the gear you want, rather than crafting it. This is a failed example of a crafting system in my opinion.

4. No end game content

What do you do once you have leveled your character and finally obtained the gear you want through trading?

Nothing... That's the problem with PoE endgame. There isn't one.

I agree, my best drop since closed bata starts is a binos kitchen knife,around 20ex,3eternals,6devine.... i have think i have a much more gametime then yours. ;)
"
eschandin wrote:
"
h3rp3s wrote:
After playing this game for thousands of hours I have come to the following conclusions as have many others. These are listed in order of importance.

In 3,000+ hours played I have yet to have any end game uniques drop. Soul Taker, Shavs, Kaoms, Auxium, Crown of Eyes etc.

Currency Drops are also horrible. I have had 1 Eternal, 6-10 exalts drop, and 1-2 divines. This is far too low for thousands of hours played, and is a reason many leave this game.

2. Desync

Desync itself is annoying, but pair it with 10% death exp loss at 92+ and its just not worth it to level or play anymore.

In this game you are better off stockpiling orbs and buying the gear you want, rather than crafting it. This is a failed example of a crafting system in my opinion.

4. No end game content

What do you do once you have leveled your character and finally obtained the gear you want through trading?

I agree, my best drop since closed bata starts is a binos kitchen knife,around 20ex,3eternals,6devine.... i have think i have a much more gametime then yours. ;)

Wow! You both played the game for thousands of hours while disliking it so much?
"
Faendris wrote:

Wow! You both played the game for thousands of hours while disliking it so much?

Hahaha so true.. I think people get jaded if you spend 1000s of hours in a game and yet
other people still have better gear than you but generally speaking most great games have like a 1000 hours play time and afterwards regardless how good it is, it gets old
"
h3rp3s wrote:

2. Desync

4. No end game content

Greatly concur with all of these points. They should be posted everywhere for extra emphasis.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
"
Faendris wrote:

i only dislike that drop rates,they are much better in closed beta.... but now...u can craft a flask.... or just buy from a gold seller..... or bot... or play the game only for trading.
arpg isnt a trading game,or iam wrong? ;)
Ok,i dislike the desync too since we get multistrike^^
Last edited by eschandin on Jul 23, 2014, 4:34:05 PM
"
scabre89 wrote:
Thanks GGG.

Like many others, I waited anxiously the release of Diablo 3. And so, like many others, I was very disillusioned by it. Even to this day, with an expansion pack and countless patches, the game is not what I expected (and probably never will be) from Diablo 3.

A few weeks ago I started playing Path of Exile, and I have nothing but praise for this game.

It is exactly what an ARPG fan ever wanted, and I'm having a blast with it. Not only that but it is free and not P2W ... You make important decisions, the characters are unique, and the builds, countless. The passive skill forest, the gem system, the barter system, the gameplay, two handed axes don't use the same inventory space than a wand, the customization, I could keep going...

You actually use your head when playing this game.

So, once again, thank you for this awesome game GGG, keep it up!

Other than this point (the barter system), and a few other issues, I agree. This game is masterfully crafted and they continue to improve.
"
scabre89 wrote:
Thanks GGG.

Like many others, I waited anxiously the release of Diablo 3. And so, like many others, I was very disillusioned by it. Even to this day, with an expansion pack and countless patches, the game is not what I expected (and probably never will be) from Diablo 3.

A few weeks ago I started playing Path of Exile, and I have nothing but praise for this game.

It is exactly what an ARPG fan ever wanted, and I'm having a blast with it. Not only that but it is free and not P2W ... You make important decisions, the characters are unique, and the builds, countless. The passive skill forest, the gem system, the barter system, the gameplay, two handed axes don't use the same inventory space than a wand, the customization, I could keep going...

You actually use your head when playing this game.

So, once again, thank you for this awesome game GGG, keep it up!

While your words are nice, you can express your thanks via a monetary gift. In other words, give them some money to show your appreciation.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
Welcome to the game. I certainly share your love for the game. Hopefully it lasts a long while, and when you become one of the 'vets' you will remember that love for the game rather than becoming jaded like some.

Always be curious about the person who professes so much hate for the game yet poured (and in many cases, still pours) thousands of hours into it.

One word of advice, never come back to general discussion again. So many trolls :)
"
Hyskoa wrote:
"
h3rp3s wrote:

2. Desync

4. No end game content

Greatly concur with all of these points. They should be posted everywhere for extra emphasis.

Nobody is holding you here, there are other games out there you might like more.

Im ashamed to say i think its pathetic how people turned an innocent thank you thread into a GGG hate thread. If you hate it, why keep posting here?
"

Nobody is holding you here, there are other games out there you might like more.

Im ashamed to say i think its pathetic how people turned an innocent thank you thread into a GGG hate thread. If you hate it, why keep posting here?

Much like Kripp plays HS because there are no decent games out, I play POE occasionally for a very short time because there is literally nothing else out that is even remotely fun to play.
Add to that the frustration of the above mentioned points, some of which can easily be solved(1,3,4), and you get a formula for posts like these.

And they'll keep happening as long as the situation stays the same. Simple as that.
The points need to be reiterated. And be ashamed all you want.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info