Nothing pisses me off more than this:

"
Krayken wrote:
i can guarantee you that Chisels + alch + chaos is FAR superior and you get your currency back

I can guarantee you that you're wrong, and you don't get your currency back.

However, since you just made up some numbers (2 - 3 chaos to roll a map...lol...in your dreams) I don't really feel much pressure to "prove" anything.

I guess I'll just continue to do what I know works extremely well, and you can continue to waste your chaos orbs, and we can both be happy about it.
"
Veruski wrote:
I guess I'll just continue to do what I know works extremely well, and you can continue to waste your chaos orbs, and we can both be happy about it.
Alternatively you can stop being a massive douche.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
Regaling + fragments gets you a ~50% quant map (sometimes more) with pack size or magic mobs. Guaranteed. Every time.

By fragments are you counting atziri fragments? Those are quite limited so counting them is silly. They also apply to any map whether regaled, blue or corrupted. I'm not going to count chisels either since they count for all types of maps.

35% with packsize is not good compared to any high quantity map. 80% quantity map already beats that. I refer to the study you generously linked.

As for rolling maps, yes it often takes 2-3 chaos. That's very build dependent though. If a roll is too low after alching I would tend to corrupt the map to either get 8 mods/next tier/30% unid bonus. It often works with the unid bonus being the more common of the three(or nothing happening).

I'm not buying what you're doing is cheaper necessarily. Many of my high maps are run after the first alch, you're using tons of alts and a regal for far less quantity(2-3 chaos equivalent per map assuming regal is 1.5). Do note losing quantity also means less orb drops/item drops which does matter with the amount of maps you run in endgame. So your method can be both more expensive and far less effective but I guess it's safer.
Last edited by kasub on Jul 24, 2014, 4:18:56 PM
There's no way the average is 2 - 3 chaos unless you can do literally every map mod and have complete tolerance for things like temp chains, fracturing, etc.

Also, vaal orbs are designed on a premise of equal probability. Turning the map unid will not happen more than the other outcomes. That would be placebo or confirmation bias, or something in that vein.

The only outcome that is more likely with Vaal Orbs is sometimes the "do nothing" outcome, which can happen for instance on gems when there is no Vaal equivalent, forcing that outcome into a secondary "do nothing" outcome.
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 24, 2014, 4:30:18 PM
Oh mah gawd, fuck the other maps.

Fracture + ele reflect is fucking scary.
Doing maps is very build dependent, you're correct on that. If someone refuses to do double damage maps/temp/fracture/one of the reflects/minus max/half regen then they're going to have a bad time. I also usually play multiple characters so I even save certain maps for the character that can do it.

I know vaal orbs have different chances for different implicits so I assumed it's similiar for corrupting maps. Probably isn't.

@waves Take 2 topaz(or a ruby)! That's a hard map for buzzsaw.
Last edited by kasub on Jul 24, 2014, 4:55:25 PM
"
Veruski wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:
i can guarantee you that Chisels + alch + chaos is FAR superior and you get your currency back

I can guarantee you that you're wrong, and you don't get your currency back.

However, since you just made up some numbers (2 - 3 chaos to roll a map...lol...in your dreams) I don't really feel much pressure to "prove" anything.

I can roll just about any map mods combination on my different toons. (Some are better than others against some mods and vice-versa so no matter what ridiculously bad mods i roll, i can most likely run and be safe if i pick the right toon).

I never had to buy a single map, ever. I always make more currency selling spare maps than i do crafting them. So you're pretty damn wrong. And yeah i rarely ever spend more than 3 chaos on a map. With 1 alch and 2 chaos thats 3 chance to get a 80+ IQ map and thats pretty damn good odds when you've already used chisels for 20% IQ. Way better than spending 20 alts (2 chaos worth already and then a regal 3.5 chaos worth total) trying to get increased pack size on a 32% IQ map. I spend about the same amount of currency as you do, but i get about 50% more IQ on average. But of course the maps are a bit harder to run and you have to deal with bad mods almost every times (minus max res, temporal chain, fracture, reflects and shits like that). But thats what makes the game fun for me and that push me to roll increasingly more effective toons every time i make a new toon.

I told you i used to do your tactic of using Alts and its bad, really bad when you're solo and want to maintain a map pool. In fact you will never ever maintain a lvl 76+ map pool this way if you play solo. It works for group play, but solo... you'll be down to run lvl 70-73 maps pretty damn fast cause you'll empty your map pool.
Last edited by Krayken on Jul 24, 2014, 4:54:49 PM
LOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL

Killed an soul conduit rare mob on that map.

Oh man I dropped like a rock, even with topaz + atziri flask up.

RIP XP

I suppose vulnerability + alchemists didn't help either.
Last edited by Waves_blade on Jul 24, 2014, 5:04:19 PM
Results:

Out of those 5 maps linked:

1st map dropped 0 maps, and fortunately had 0 devourers as animals.

2nd map with TC/Curse immune took longer, but dropped a
from one of the bosses. woo

3rd map dropped a
-_-

4th map, the fracture reflect vulnerability, killed me and erased the last 3 maps worth of XP, but dropped

5th map dropped

So 10 maps dropped out of 5, doubled my 'map investment'.

However, Out of those 10, only 3 were higher level, and 1 was even level, rest are what the rest of my guild calls 'toilet paper, or they would if the majority of them logged on anymore. Tho, the 2 15% are nice for the chisel recipe I guess.

So, I got -1 on my +72 map pool, but have the 'potential' to get higher maps. I foresee this ending at a 75 or 77 map then being forced back into 72s, or godforbid, 71 maps.

Next maps are up:

Last edited by Waves_blade on Jul 24, 2014, 5:53:39 PM
1st map, Dream frontier, dropped 7 maps.

2nd map, Spectre spires, dropped 2 maps:

3rd map, the 74, dropped 0 maps.

Out of 9 maps, 4 were of equal value to the 73/74 map pool. Rest were lower value. Gained +1 73 from the last map base.

Next 4 rolls are up, 3 ele reflects, two with ele weakness as well, GONA BE FUN!

Last edited by Waves_blade on Jul 24, 2014, 6:51:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info