Nothing pisses me off more than this:

LOL people who say its about quantity appareantly havent run many maps. In 100% quantity maps i get most of the time many maps - and almost all the time they are 5+ levels below. Quantity of map has nothing to do with level of maps dropping. To OP, i know this situation very well, as after 5 rotations im left with 3x 73, 1x 75, 1x 76 and 1x 78. Map drops are joke
...„kokot“, „piča“ a „jebať“. Tři důvody, proč mám rád slovenštinu. - najlepší český výrok 2014
"
Shade444 wrote:
LOL people who say its about quantity appareantly havent run many maps. In 100% quantity maps i get most of the time many maps - and almost all the time they are 5+ levels below. Quantity of map has nothing to do with level of maps dropping. To OP, i know this situation very well, as after 5 rotations im left with 3x 73, 1x 75, 1x 76 and 1x 78. Map drops are joke

Brother Shade,

I have run many maps, and it *is* about quantity. The more quantity, the more maps drop on average. Yes, many of those will be shitty, but in the end, the more quantity, the more maps.

There will be bad streaks (like the one above), there will be good streaks (like the one I am on), but in the end, the more quantity, the more maps.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
"
ventiman wrote:
wtf Oo why do you play blue 75+ maps in softcore and complain about the drops

~ mindblowing

you could play 100+ quality and have a much better chance to get drops
i mean who gives a shit...ohh i died better back to checkpoint

so what....

dude its your own fault

Ever heard of xp penalty on death?

No? thought so...

"
Shade444 wrote:

I have run many maps, and it *is* about quantity. The more quantity, the more maps drop on average. Yes, many of those will be shitty, but in the end, the more quantity, the more maps.

There will be bad streaks (like the one above), there will be good streaks (like the one I am on), but in the end, the more quantity, the more maps.

IMO, quantity has NO effect on quantity of map drops.

I have run so many 100% + maps and got NO maps at all.

But rolling maps with extra blue monsters/pack size always yields some results.

so yeah fuck quantity, the whole map drop system is a piece of shit.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
Last edited by KalHirol on Jul 23, 2014, 8:06:50 AM
That's your punishment for swimming in the mainstream
Last edited by noobdw on Jul 23, 2014, 8:27:04 AM
Quantity on maps is a nice troll currency sink. I did an experiment. Run only blue maps. Started from one 66 and used only stuff that dropped using 'run the highest' formula. It is tandom after all so all that building the base stuff is just placebo.

I had so many maps i had to dump them and got comfortably to 74 using only blue with pqck size and prefferably two bosses.

It is that weird rng seed that sometimes showers players with 5+ maps in two minutes. It is just about hitting that seed and then you are set. The more i play the more i believe that there is simply an error in seed mechanics that create 'clusters of low variance' when one gets lots of currency or maps in a short period of time.

Rng is rng - but it is deterministic system and if it is created with a bug..
"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
Shade444 wrote:

Brother Shade,

Quantity has very little effect on map drops.

http://maps.skyl3lazer.com/1000-data-points-first-impressions/

"
For every x% increase in the Quantity mod, the average number of map drops increases by e(0.0052*x) times or for every unit increase in the Quantity mod, we augment the average number of map drops by 1.005. So for example, the average modifier for Quantity was 74.1 and the largest was at 144. So the average number of map drops with a 74.1 quantity (and none of the other significant mods) is 1.55 and the average number of map drops with a 144 quantity is 2.22.

Acting like it's a massive deciding factor in the amount of maps you get is pretty silly.

http://maps.skyl3lazer.com/patch-changes-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/

More reading here.

There's a reason the modern mapping approach is to simply regal maps =p
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 23, 2014, 8:52:24 AM
@Everybody complaining he has no map drops for running a blue. Well, lots of people run higher maps blue because they only care about cartographers.

But honestly you should always roll higher IIQ because high IIQ on a map increases the amount of maps you get from cartographers. If people didn't have this habit of running blue high maps, there would be several many more 78+ maps in circulation.

"
Veruski wrote:
Quantity has very little effect on map drops.

http://maps.skyl3lazer.com/1000-data-points-first-impressions/

Maybe you should actually read that study before linking it and claiming somebody is wrong because of it.

"At baseline (no mods), the average number of map drops was 1.06."

Ok, 1.06.

"For every x% increase in the Quantity mod, the average number of map drops increases by e(0.0052*x) times or for every unit increase in the Quantity mod, we augment the average number of map drops by 1.005. So for example, the average modifier for Quantity was 74.1 and the largest was at 144. So the average number of map drops with a 74.1 quantity (and none of the other significant mods) is 1.55 and the average number of map drops with a 144 quantity is 2.22."

So wait, 74% IIQ gives me a 31% boost in my chance for a map drop? How is that not significant at all? And most chiseled maps hit around 80-100 IIQ, so probably in the range of 35-40% increased map drops. The important thing to note is that the IIQ boost scales positively when you add pack size, rares, and/or magic mods making that amount even higher.

"
Veruski wrote:
There's a reason the modern mapping approach is to simply regal maps =p

And that reason is cartographer's boxes. It has nothing to do with map drops.

Before carto's existed, no serious mapper would bother blue regaling a map (unless it was to get the maze modifier or pack size). Most of the time, anyway, it was alch chaosing. And when they nerf cartographers boxes (hopefully), it will go back to that way.
Last edited by DestroTheGod on Jul 23, 2014, 9:04:55 AM
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
So wait, 74% IIQ gives me a 31% boost in my chance for a map drop? How is that not significant at all? And most chiseled maps hit around 80-100 IIQ, so probably in the range of 35-40% increased map drops. The important thing to note is that the IIQ boost scales positively when you add pack size, rares, and/or magic mods making that amount even higher.

That's like, half a map extra?

Whoop dee fucking doo.

Much significant.

Then take into account that:

1) The map drop can be any level
2) Rolling maps that good costs exponentially more.

Compare to the tried and true practice of:
1) Chisel to 20%
2) Alt for packsize/magic mobs
3) Regal
4) Run with dusk/dawn

There, guaranteed 40% or so map with pack size and magic mobs, for cheaps, and will be good exp.
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 23, 2014, 9:05:25 AM
Well, I suspect the OP is still keeping habits from Ambush.

In ambush - it was not worth it to chaos maps. You can spend upwards of 3-5 chaos on a map plus 4 chisels which adds up all for 30% more maps when in Ambush a Palace was literally 8 chaos. Not worth.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Well, I suspect the OP is still keeping habits from Ambush.

In ambush - it was not worth it to chaos maps. You can spend upwards of 3-5 chaos on a map plus 4 chisels which adds up all for 30% more maps when in Ambush a Palace was literally 8 chaos. Not worth.

Compared to what?

Chaos spamming for high quant + good mods?

You're better off just buying more maps and rolling them cost effectively.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info