Nothing pisses me off more than this:

"
Veruski wrote:
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
So wait, 74% IIQ gives me a 31% boost in my chance for a map drop? How is that not significant at all? And most chiseled maps hit around 80-100 IIQ, so probably in the range of 35-40% increased map drops. The important thing to note is that the IIQ boost scales positively when you add pack size, rares, and/or magic mods making that amount even higher.

That's like, half a map extra?

Whoop dee fucking doo.

Much significant.

When you are dealing with a system that is extremely scarce for map drops and you are trying to maximize how many map drops you get, yes, that 50% is extremely significant.

If you were ever actually put into a position where you really needed to maximize your map drops (which, I guess you never have been in), you would quite easily recognize how big 50% is.

What a childish response. Even outside of PoE, a 1.5x multiplier on ANYTHING is pretty fucking massive. Trying to downsize such a large multiplier is nonsensical.
"
Veruski wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Well, I suspect the OP is still keeping habits from Ambush.

In ambush - it was not worth it to chaos maps. You can spend upwards of 3-5 chaos on a map plus 4 chisels which adds up all for 30% more maps when in Ambush a Palace was literally 8 chaos. Not worth.

Compared to what?

Chaos spamming for high quant + good mods?

You're better off just buying more maps and rolling them cost effectively.

Exactly.

Especially in HC where two damage mods = nty, the chaos you save is literally your "extra 30%" maps.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Jul 23, 2014, 9:11:30 AM
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
If you were ever actually put into a position where you really needed to maximize your map drops (which, I guess you never have been in)

of course i've been in this position.

"
DestroTheGod wrote:
What a childish response. Even outside of PoE, a 1.5x multiplier on ANYTHING is pretty fucking massive. Trying to downsize such a large multiplier is nonsensical.

lol!!!

the multiplier only matters as what you gain vs what you spend.

it's not like extra 1-2 maps you get from rolling an unbelievably good map are guaranteed to be high level. the average value is going to be lower than what you spend.

chisel-alt/aug-regal-fragments will get you a perfectly fine map at a fixed, low price.
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 23, 2014, 9:19:00 AM
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
It's punishment for running a 32% lvl 76 map.

:P

As the punishment for spending 5+ chaos out of my 'infinite supply of chaos' for a 100%+ map, dying once or twice, taking twice as long to clear (seriously, fuck temporal chains/enfeeble), and getting 0 map drops is any better?

Don't make me laugh.

"
noobdw wrote:
That's your punishment for swimming in the mainstream

You might be surprised, but this is the first time I've actually ever ran ele Buzzsaw. I wanted to try it out at least once before the upcoming 'hopeful' balance shift.

Its... fairly powerful compared to most of the builds I've played. Only my Arc witch from Ambush and my pimped out summoner on standard can come close to comparing to it, and NEITHER of them can deal with the Atziri trio bosses while this build can easily. I killed them at level 80 with mediocre buzzsaw gear aside from alphas/coil. Still lack the overall dmg for Atziri herself tho.
Last edited by Waves_blade on Jul 23, 2014, 10:04:18 AM
all that 'crafting' to 100%+ Q is fine for builds that do not have 'no-go' mods

blood magic? no regen? twinned (on some maps)? -max + ele weakness? or that f.. temp chains?

rolling OUT of these mods costs a lot. on the verge on simply buying clean maps of +1 level with saved chaos'es

removing 'chaos degen' mod was a very good way to save hybrid builds (that noone plays btw..) but there are several mods that are simply NO GO for some builds

not everyone can play ll shav coe st and ignore mods on maps..
"
sidtherat wrote:

blood magic? no regen? twinned (on some maps)? -max + ele weakness? or that f.. temp chains?

rolling OUT of these mods costs a lot. on the verge on simply buying clean maps of +1 level with saved chaos'es

removing 'chaos degen' mod was a very good way to save hybrid builds (that noone plays btw..) but there are several mods that are simply NO GO for some builds

Well, apart from Blood Magic which no-one does (not even ll shav coe if you care about experience/hour or not dying) no regen, twinned, -max, ele weakness and temp chains are all doable for buzzsaws/soul taker builds and most stronk endgame builds it's just not worth it at all.

You also have to think about experience/hour -> is it worth tip-toeing through 160q map for more maps or bursting through regalled map, maybe doing two maps for the same amount of time and spend the time saved not dying?
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

Well, apart from Blood Magic which no-one does (not even ll shav coe if you care about experience/hour or not dying) no regen, twinned, -max, ele weakness and temp chains are all doable for buzzsaws/soul taker builds and most stronk endgame builds it's just not worth it at all.

You also have to think about experience/hour -> is it worth tip-toeing through 160q map for more maps or bursting through regalled map, maybe doing two maps for the same amount of time and spend the time saved not dying?

i know that :) mobs give exp and Q on maps has no multiplier on exp gained. thats why pack size/twinned/commanders is the best combo and it requires no chaos expenditure at all

current rolling system is a currency sink that has no immediately noticeable effect on maps dropped. people are doing 100%+ maps because they can - not because it is a proven way of doing stuff correctly and most efficiently

it is like polishing a steam engine in 2014 to perfection. it is possible and steam engines have nice characteristics but well.. it is 2014
"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
Shade444 wrote:
LOL people who say its about quantity appareantly havent run many maps. In 100% quantity maps i get most of the time many maps - and almost all the time they are 5+ levels below. Quantity of map has nothing to do with level of maps dropping. To OP, i know this situation very well, as after 5 rotations im left with 3x 73, 1x 75, 1x 76 and 1x 78. Map drops are joke

Brother Shade,

I have run many maps, and it *is* about quantity. The more quantity, the more maps drop on average. Yes, many of those will be shitty, but in the end, the more quantity, the more maps.

There will be bad streaks (like the one above), there will be good streaks (like the one I am on), but in the end, the more quantity, the more maps.

Brother Haag,

,,on paper" this is true. In reality its all about RNG. Today i ran many white 73-75 maps and didnt see any difference in map drops compared to running magic/pack size 78 maps in rotations.
Anyway, in my post i said that ,,Quantity of map has nothing to do with level of maps dropping." So while u may get many maps from high quantity maps there is no guarantee that u will get at least same level maps.

Also, one nice screenshot of pack size 8% quantity Plateau map:
...„kokot“, „piča“ a „jebať“. Tři důvody, proč mám rád slovenštinu. - najlepší český výrok 2014
I like your one clixk build.

How sad that poe evolved into this type of game

Note: this is not directed at you but the game design.. one click aoe builds are the kings of poe meta and arc with its 'aoeish' mechanic is perfect to oneclickit
"
Quantity has very little effect on map drops.

http://maps.skyl3lazer.com/1000-data-points-first-impressions/

It's cute that you link to that when it completely contradicts what you say. You should probably read it before randomly linking since it shows how important quantity is.

I see lots of exaggeration. Alch and go maps is pretty much the norm at 73-75 maps. For high maps it only takes a few chaos. You don't need excellent rolls but it's definitely better than running a blue or regaled map. If you also read that study you'd realize packs are equivalent to lower quantity.

XP per hour by doing easier maps only matters if you have enough high maps to fall back on. If you're going for sustaining the most maps then you run corrupted maps and high quantity maps.

"
no regen? twinned (on some maps)? -max + ele weakness? or that f.. temp chains?

OP is playing a buzzsaw build so won't have to roll out of those. No regen is stupidly easy and barely noticable with buzzsaw, -max is always ran but makes you skip shrine/palace bosses, temp chains is not harmful to buzzsaw since it increases vaal haste duration which completely counteracts temp and elemental weakness is easy since you use super buffed auras. Can switch a few gear pieces to cap out your res.

When I played buzzsaw pretty much all maps were doable. I would do yellow maps unid at times. Bloodmagic required me to be a leech in a duo who gives powercharges through romira+conduit(could only run purities on life).

Edit: Well rolling maps is build dependent. If your build requires 5+ chaos then it's more effective to alt and regal lower maps but higher maps that are 76+ should always be alched. I'd also argue the build itself needs work if it struggles that much.
Last edited by kasub on Jul 23, 2014, 12:52:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info