Screenshot of New Brutus Fight

Awesome the brute needed a revamp... hopefully this will add to the fear of facing him solo

However adding skeletons to the fight does go against the lore of him being a mindless killing machine, a butcher of all who dare enter his chamber.

Hopefully removing the walls helps with his desync issues but making him "easier" through the use of adds is rather an odd choice unless... brutus also targets the skeletons (possibly when he kills them they heal him) this will make facing him a more mechanical fight as you need to destroy the skeletons fast before he does.

Cant wait to see the new content:)
Thank you for pumping up the bosses can't wait to see who's next :D

"
hasbeen5043 wrote:

Hopefully removing the walls helps with his desync issues but making him "easier" through the use of adds is rather an odd choice unless... brutus also targets the skeletons (possibly when he kills them they heal him) this will make facing him a more mechanical fight as you need to destroy the skeletons fast before he does.

Good reasoning!
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"removing walls to help desynch" really make me laugh, i mean should they make entirely flat squared maps to get rid of desynch as well? for fucking sake they just need to put real coders behind their path finding codes, or just rewrite a POE 2 if the answer is really to take pillars out.

Anyway, the screen is really nice, i like how the game develop, at least i don't have the feeling my money is only going into beers and whores and they actually work on making the game better (which wasn't the case in any rpg i played since the 2k era).
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
hasbeen5043 wrote:

Good reasoning!

I like the idea as well. +1
;-)
As much as I aprriciate all the changes and updates on the encounters, I cannot think how that's better then adding new content. I mean why remaking brutus , merveil fights which most of the players probably already did a hundreds of times. Adding new zones for me, even small ones but accesible on a regular base not using currency like maps would be far more interesting. I know you are working on expansion but that couple months ahead of now.
I hope new league will bring more of the new stuff ( beg for more end game zones), cuz otherwise we would be living that brutus fight over and over again enjoying skeletons from the celling for a few seconds while we killing him.
Chris Wilson sits at an office trying to figure out how to sell the mini expansion to the public

He thinks, let me put on my Australian voice for this recording.

"Here at Grinding Gear Games, we're going to sell this next 'mini-expansion' buy making very little additional content and trivial balance changes because we're tired of hardcore players calling standard 'scru*core'. In this mini expansion we will revisit old outdated content that no one cares about and zass it up so that when we release no new content people won't get angry. We're also making old fights prone with more desync to help out the rage, btw guys, thank you again for playing, keep giving us your money and note that its nearly an entire year after 'release' and no serious plans for an actual expansion are underway.
as many people are saying,
i also believe that the Brutus fight, especially on normal, should stay 1 on 1 ...

the falling skeletons, and ground traps etc, can be added later on cruel,
as an additional element of surprise
Even the unstoppable force can not break the unbreakable wall.
So much QQing after only two screenshots ... for fuuuck sake, how do you know they did not add anything more than only revamping actual content if there was only those two screenshots ...

I can't understand how stupid people are ...
;-)
"
SolaMira wrote:
So much QQing after only two screenshots ... for fuuuck sake, how do you know they did not add anything more than only revamping actual content if there was only those two screenshots ...

I can't understand how stupid people are ...

I'm with you as far as qq about the lack of new content is concerned - we don't really know anything about that.

The Brutus qq however is a valid expression of opinions.
I for one agree with those who liked the old fight for its atmosphere of being all alone with Brutus (except if you play a summoner of some kind - you're never alone as a summoner :D). He was such a nice guy, taking you on all by himself, very confident to get you down.
Now he's just another boss with his minions.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
I really appreciate changes to Marveil and Brutus fights. After adding Dominus fight (and corrupted bosses, exiles) these started to feel very weak

I hope you are adding some difficulty/challenge too, aspecially in Merciless, where (compared to cruel Dominus) Marveil is now no challenge at all. I should not be able to facetank her with negative cold resist
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info