[1.3 VIDEO GUIDE] PoE Beginners Build The Carpet Bomber, Fireball Witch EB, AA [HC/SC viable]

"
LukeFerreira wrote:
"
DoomCarpace wrote:

<Stuff N' Thaaaaangs.

First thing I would do in your shoes is try to get a good 5L for your fireball/GMP/penetration/echo/concentratedeffect combination, a 5L Carcass Jack should cost around 2-3EX, a 5L rare that fits this build will mostly depend on the seller's humour.

As for the gear, I would try to make sure that every single piece of gear has at least life, mana regen and energy shield/armour, as the author of this build stated (mana is also nice, I personally don't care about chaos resistance that much).

Your wand is also very basic, try getting something with some extra casting speed and spell critical chance for extra DPS.

I am using mostly uniques, but if I were to gear up this build with only rares this is what I would try to get on each item (where your elemental resists will come from is up to you):

Armour: 5L/Life/ManaRegen/ES
Boots: RunningSpeed/Life/ES/ManaRegen
Helmet: Life/EnergyShield/Mana
Shield: SpellDMG/ManaRegen
Gloves: Armour/Life/RRRR sockets < I personally prefer the "warrior-like" gloves in this case because they're easier and cheaper to RRRR and you can get some decent armour that would be hard to get from the "mage gear" you'll probably wear on other slots.
Belt: Armour/Life/EnergyShield
Rings: CastSpeed/Life/Mana
Amulet: Atziri's Foible, so cheap there's no excuse not to.
Wand/Dagger: CastSpeed/SpellCriticalChance/IncreasedSpellDMG

Just make sure that you don't forget about elemental resistances while browsing for items with these mods, most of your fire resistance will come from Purity of Fire and Arctic Armour so you can focus more on cold and lighting resistances.

Most people might want to rip you off on rares simply because you showed interest in it, but if you "Bro Deal" most of that gear you should waste less than 20C on modest gear and around an EX in good gear that'd easily bring you up to lvl 80+

And don't forget about Master Crafting, sometimes a certain cheap rare you found on poetrade might have life/EnergyShield but no mana regen, that doesn't stop you from crafting some mana on the item (usually crafted values are not as high as common mods in rares but a bonus is still a bonus).

Uniques are also something to consider, if you can afford to grind for 1-4 EX (the vertex, for example, would make your life a lot easier when sustaining auras and arctic armour, allowing you to focus a lot more on armour and life) without major sacrifice but they are not required if you found good rares, especially if you're just playing this build to gather currency for builds you actually want to play with.

Very good advice here. Good job man!
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
I am using this build a few weeks ago and I like it a lot too as most players here.

However, my witch reached level 87 and I felt the need to make some changes.

Keeping most of the armor and jewelry items suggested by the author, I replaced the skeletons by the combination of Arc + Faster Casting + Lightning Penetration + Spell Totem.

In auras I'm using Reduced Mana + Purity of Fire + Herald of Thunder + Purity of Elements and (sometimes) also use Clarity gem in another vacant slot.

How curse I use Elemental Weakness and not more Flammability.

Since I'm using heat and electricity directly, I started checking o node "Elemental Equilibrium". The results have been good, apparently the enemies are being killed faster.
Last edited by Zatlan on Feb 5, 2015, 11:20:25 AM
Thanks for the good advice here is my current gear that is making life running maps a whole lot easier. I am melting mobs quite easily and I rarely need to use the spell totem. Whereas before success or defeat was dependent on how well I used my spell totem along with good kiting skills.

The only items that I have not changed due to not finding any upgrades are the wand, boots, shield and amulet. When I found the rare ring Corpse Coil with it's high mana regen that made it possible for me to run AA without any problems. But still it took a while before I was able to find the gloves. The helm and body armor was a lucky roll on using alchemy orbs. Of course you will notice that I did use some master crafting as well.

with the above gear I have a mana regen rate of 284.1. That is doing good, that is until I can get even better gear than what I have now. My current level is 75, with the change in my gear that took a little bit more patience means that I am having even more fun now than before. Since this build is a good one I might in time try out another build for another class. Who knows it might be the ground slam Marauder build. But that won't be for a while. at least not until I get to see some of the higher level maps.
I say that the decision has been made for me. During mapping I found this.

So the next build that I will try is the cookie cutter build call Ground Slam Marauder. I have fooled around with it in the past so I do have a little bit of familiarity with it. Now I am more likely to take it as far as I can.
could searing touch work as a weapon?
"
YeetCaster wrote:
could searing touch work as a weapon?

I would advice against it as this is not a "burn" build and you can get as good 1-handers for damage in that case :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Reached the level 88 now.

Removed the "Elemental Equilibrium" node. Not sure if it actually works, and be generating more lags in the latter new patch.

I need better maps to continue evolving. Unfortunately this has not happened. Maybe I stop playing for a while because this is getting very tiring.
Can someone make the tree for me? The one in the OP doesnt seem to work anymore here :(
"
kramurz wrote:
Can someone make the tree for me? The one in the OP doesnt seem to work anymore here :(

I will tell you what I did to get my level 77 Carpet Bomber witch to work.

What I done that worked for me is that I followed the 28 point tree to the letter. Then somewhere between the 28 point tree and the 51 point tree I started to spend the points as I needed them. Which means that I bookmarked the 86 point tree since that is no doubt the tree that you will need for mapping. That is what worked for me and I have a level 77 witch that I have been having a blast playing.
When i put in the conc effect gem the damage doesnt increase? Why is that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info