Thoughts on race season 8

"
Fightgarr wrote:
I'd be totally OK with MTXs as rewards. It's all about the swag, after all.

This would cause 2 obvious issues for GGG though:

- All of the MTX's would have to be ready at the start of the season - and we're still waiting for race reward skins from several seasons ago.
- It would cannibalize MTX sales.

So, don't hold your breath.

Id settle for an mtx that permanently turned an item into a skin.
IGN: KoTao
"
jstq wrote:
I see zero motivation playing for some skin transfer crap lol

Then create charnames so support starts disconnecting you to change the charnames during a race and in Void League races this change makes your character die ;D

It has been suggested several times now. IIRC there was a response that there would be even less motivation to race telling us that nobody would race out of sheer fun......
"
Hilbert wrote:
Then create charnames so support starts disconnecting you to change the charnames during a race and in Void League races this change makes your character die ;D

Love it.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
Fightgarr wrote:

- All of the MTX's would have to be ready at the start of the season - and we're still waiting for race reward skins from several seasons ago.

I agree it would likely cannibalize MTX sales which wouldn't be beneficial to GGG, also it may not even stop cheating, some people would cheat just to get cool expensive MTX, so they don't have to buy them in the shop, unless the GGG team made special race MTX, you could only win by racing, still imagine people cheating to get them though.

I don't think cheating will stop if items can not be traded it might be slowed down though. Certain people will always cheat in games just based on their personality traits, the only real way to stop and slow down cheating is banning people that are cheating. Especially if GGG banned some well-known players that were found to be cheating, it could be an example that GGG does care and will ban if you are found to be cheating.

If GGG did create some race only reward MTX, I imagine it cost a lot more time and money for them to develop a new MTX than it does to develop an alt art in-game item. So giving away such MTX could be a losing venture financially for them.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
Last edited by KimchiGirlx3 on Jul 27, 2014, 9:25:20 AM
"
KimchiGirlx3 wrote:
"
Fightgarr wrote:

I agree it would likely cannibalize MTX sales which wouldn't be beneficial to GGG, also it may not even stop cheating, some people would cheat just to get cool expensive MTX, so they don't have to buy them in the shop, unless the GGG team made special race MTX, you could only win by racing, still imagine people cheating to get them though.

I don't think cheating will stop if items can not be traded it might be slowed down though. Certain people will always cheat in games just based on their personality traits, the only real way to stop and slow down cheating is banning people that are cheating. Especially if GGG banned some well-known players that were found to be cheating, it could be an example that GGG does care and will ban if you are found to be cheating.

If GGG did create some race only reward MTX, I imagine it cost a lot more time and money for them to develop a new MTX than it does to develop an alt art in-game item. So giving away such MTX could be a losing venture financially for them.

What.

The MTX would quite literally be what we've been having for the past 8 seasons. Except they're not uniques, just skins.

It wouldn't cannibalize shit since only about 4 uniques get 3D art every season. The rest are non-visible items. And I'd argue that it would in fact do the opposite and encourage MTX sales. Some alt-art weapons look fantastic with MTX effects and likewise, some armor pieces go well with MTX store skins.

We're asking for them to be skins instead of items so we can reclaim them and bring them across leagues which is the whole point of race rewards - "alternate art". I have four seasons worth of uniques sitting in my remove only tabs because there is no situation where I'd find it worthwhile to take them out.

If you were a standard league only player then yes, fantastic. But for every other player in hardcore or challenge leagues, you risk the chance of losing the art or otherwise the longest period you can show off the cool art is 4 months.

Why shouldn't a racer be able to permanently show off his 1,000 point reward from Season 1? The winners of the Atziri challenge got their hat MTX. Throw us racers a bone maybe?
Last edited by Lyralei on Jul 27, 2014, 3:22:23 PM
"
Lyralei wrote:

What.

The MTX would quite literally be what we've been having for the past 8 seasons. Except they're not uniques, just skins.

It wouldn't cannibalize shit since only about 4 uniques get 3D art every season. The rest are non-visible items. And I'd argue that it would in fact do the opposite and encourage MTX sales. Some alt-art weapons look fantastic with MTX effects and likewise, some armor pieces go well with MTX store skins.

We're asking for them to be skins instead of items so we can reclaim them and bring them across leagues which is the whole point of race rewards - "alternate art". I have four seasons worth of uniques sitting in my remove only tabs because there is no situation where I'd find it worthwhile to take them out.

If you were a standard league only player then yes, fantastic. But for every other player in hardcore or challenge leagues, you risk the chance of losing the art or otherwise the longest period you can show off the cool art is 4 months.

Why shouldn't a racer be able to permanently show off his 1,000 point reward from Season 1? The winners of the Atziri challenge got their hat MTX. Throw us racers a bone maybe?

This is perfect.
@ Lyralei and Kotao, I posted your idea in the Suggestion Forum. Thanks!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989281

I agree, Terrex - scrollofwisdom ;P
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Last edited by Daresso on Aug 6, 2014, 6:11:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info