Thoughts on race season 8

"
janimauk wrote:
as much as id like to see stuff like kaoms or voltaxic or other good and expensive items as reward it would be much better for the scene if all the items were non-tradeable skins

I would absolutely love this. Changing the high tier rewards to skins or mtx. Yes please. Even all the rewards. Or make it so you can't trade them. To me they are trophies, no interest in trading them regardless.
"
terrex wrote:
"
janimauk wrote:
as much as id like to see stuff like kaoms or voltaxic or other good and expensive items as reward it would be much better for the scene if all the items were non-tradeable skins

I would absolutely love this. Changing the high tier rewards to skins or mtx. Yes please. Even all the rewards. Or make it so you can't trade them. To me they are trophies, no interest in trading them regardless.

Cool idea
"
terrex wrote:
"
janimauk wrote:

Correct. I've been trying to push this with the devs obviously.

Just giving us skins solves all the problems associated with our current reward structure:
1) It disincentivizes cheating and abusing for RMT purposes.
2) It allows racers to carry forward their prestige to future leagues instead of it being a temporary benefit or legacy league benefit.
3) It doesn't affect the in-game economy of challenge leagues with the stupid 2-week withdrawal thing.
4) It doesn't give a certain segment of the playerbase a game advantage on ladder reset which should be an even playing field.
6) Who doesn't like nice skins? I'd argue it would even bring more players to racing because of skins.

Given the opportunity, I would convert every single race reward I own into a MTX skin permanently if I could.
Last edited by Lyralei on Jul 22, 2014, 11:39:58 AM
"
terrex wrote:
"
janimauk wrote:

Count me in. Great suggestion, and i always wondered why it hasn't been like this in the first place.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Enki91 wrote:
"
terrex wrote:
"
janimauk wrote:

Count me in. Great suggestion, and i always wondered why it hasn't been like this in the first place.

So you can get shady pm's about 2500 ex offers by people with hidden profiles.
[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
"
Lyralei wrote:
"
terrex wrote:
"
janimauk wrote:

Just giving us skins solves all the problems associated with our current reward structure

It wouldn't literally solve all problems but it would definitely be a huge step in the right direction.

I think what GGG can take from this thread is that people are generally unhappy with the reward structure and season ladder structure and that there is alot of room for improvement in both areas.

edit: I always thought it would be really cool if the amount of demis you won in races was displayed next to your name on the forums and ingame (when posting in chat).

I think one thing that is really important in any multiplayer game is that players have a visual representation of their skill and/or accomplishments. Be it ranks like in Sc2 or CS, an ELO system, etc..

To me personally these alternate art items have zero actual value, they are at best trophies, but I don't ever plan on trading them for currency, since you know... I don't rmt, so what use are they to me?

I'd much rather they came up with a ranking system or some other way that visually represents your skill.

edit2: Or hell, player portrays in-game, the more races you win/the better you do on average, the more "fancy" it looks, something like that... just a visual representation ingame, so you can show off your accomplishments, not alternate art items that sit in your stash and are pretty much useless.

There are so many creative and effective ways to encourage players to race more (and not just to race more, but to actually improve) I could literally sit here all day and come up with things that would make racing more interesting and progressively more rewarding for everybody. (without impacting the economy at all, which is usually always GGG's excuse for being lazy)
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Jul 22, 2014, 1:36:31 PM
Well, granted that was a little hyperbolic but still. A lot of the problems present in racing are an indirect result of the reward structure.

Hopefully they actually take a leaf out of this book and make changes for future seasons.
I see zero motivation playing for some skin transfer crap lol
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
Lyralei wrote:
Given the opportunity, I would convert every single race reward I own into a MTX skin permanently if I could.

+1
IGN: KoTao
I'd be totally OK with MTXs as rewards. It's all about the swag, after all.

This would cause 2 obvious issues for GGG though:

- All of the MTX's would have to be ready at the start of the season - and we're still waiting for race reward skins from several seasons ago.
- It would cannibalize MTX sales.

So, don't hold your breath.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info