ZiggyD upcoming unique - Analysis and Suggestions

I doubt the devs will like the Alternative A ring cause it'll make capping resist much easier.
As described in the video, the ring gives bonuses based on which attributes are required to use the gem (STR, DEX, INT)

If it gives you both if the gem is a hybrid gem, that would be silly.
However, since it would have to work only with skill gems, this may not be the case, as I believe skill gems are only aligned with one attribute.

'Worst' Case: Socket a [STR, DEX, INT] gem and get +100% all res
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
alternative C plsplspls
alternatives are meaningless since OP didnt understand ring use/capability when he created this thread.
IGN TylordRampage
Maybe add a "gems in this item supported by lvl 1 cwdt"
I don't really understand what they are saying about EE but i would not use this ring cause res gear is easy to find and has stats that are not useles/give - to

EE isn't even that useful to me and im an EE RF build and from what i understand EE doesn't work the way some people in here say it does (maybe im confused o.o)
"
zSavage wrote:
As described in the video, the ring gives bonuses based on which attributes are required to use the gem (STR, DEX, INT)

If it gives you both if the gem is a hybrid gem, that would be silly.
However, since it would have to work only with skill gems, this may not be the case, as I believe skill gems are only aligned with one attribute.

'Worst' Case: Socket a [STR, DEX, INT] gem and get +100% all res
Somes curses are aligned on two stats. Grace is aligned on dext and int. Dual Strike is str/dext, etc.

edit: but from the description we have in first page, it has nothing to do with gem stats, only their color matters.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Jul 22, 2014, 9:46:32 AM
lets combo with lighting coil and get - 110% light resist =D
Ign: ThatManWithTheBow
"
Malone wrote:
alternatives are meaningless since OP didnt understand ring use/capability when he created this thread.

This aside the desired design, the unique item to be mainly attractive for new players, was simply dismissed in favor of stats commonly desired by min-maxers and high-level players. I am about to get pissed about this ignorance.

Get your own bucks, OP. Put your damn unique in place and let other creations be what they are. Other players creations and their vision of what makes their item awesome.

Edit:
Just saw that the EE on that ring was suggested by Rory. That's amazing! :D
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 22, 2014, 9:56:21 AM
I would actually love this unique if it makes it into the game as-is. The resistance thing make an interesting thing to work around but it's actually not all that bad of a down-side, considering that it allows you to get the vast majority of a single resist on one slot so you can forget about it elsewhere.

For instance, let's take a Buzzsaw build. If you socket a Dex gem like Cold Snap to proc EE, you effectively get +100% cold res. Between that and Alpha's Howl, you've already capped Cold. You're going to run PoF and PoL anyway, but they are largely for the +Max Res... so the -50% doesn't hurt that much, it just eats a chunk of your Purities that were probably overcapping you anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info