ZiggyD upcoming unique - Analysis and Suggestions

What happens if Portal is put in? No interaction?
Seems lame to me. Mainly because can not use the same element twice in a row or you start suffering penalties. so like if you Ice Nova them with gem in ring then run your linked Lightning or fire main DPS spell up on them, the second blast is for -25% because it's overwritten. EE is good for trappers casting alternative element LINKED traps - not so much in a unset where single gem does hardly any DPS so no point in alternating.

I like this one but would bump to 40% penetration. -4% is HUGE!!

"
Alternative C
Unset ring
+ 50 life or + 50 ES random
Your attacks and spells penetrate 20% fire resistance if socketed with a red gem
Your attacks and spells penetrate 20% cold resistance if socketed with a green gem
Your attacks and spells penetrate 20% lightening resistance if socketed with a blue gem
Minus 4% maximum fire resist if socketed with a red gem
Minus 4% maximum cold resist if socketed with a green gem
Minus 4% maximum lightening resist if socketed with a blue gem
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 22, 2014, 10:45:52 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Seems lame to me. Mainly because can not use the same element twice in a row or you start suffering penalties. so like if you Ice Nova them with gem in ring then run your linked Lightning or fire main DPS spell up on them, the second blast is for -25% because it's overwritten.

Uh, no? That's the whole point.

Only Ice Nova gains EE, your Lightning Spell doesn't. Hit them with Ice Nova to lower Lightning Resist, and it will stick for five seconds. The Lightning Spell does not have EE; it's not socketed in the Ring and I assume you wouldn't be dumb enough to spec it. As such, it will not overwrite the Resist penalty from Ice Nova.
Wow really - its very good then!!! my bad. I thought it would work like the keystone and be universal EE.
Git R Dun!
"

edit: but from the description we have in first page, it has nothing to do with gem stats, only their color matters.

Did you watch the video and see Ziggy's descriptions?
Had nothing to do with color.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info