ZiggyD upcoming unique - Analysis and Suggestions

"
mouhanad wrote:
For those saying this ring is good for endgame... I call bullshit.

Some of the commentators apparently have not read the analysis or have limited understanding of game mechanics. The elemental equilibrium that some here are gushing about is equivalent to a 50 percents increase in elemental damage. Rare rings can provide up to 30 percent increase in elemental damage with no need to proc and with additional useful stats and none of the downsides of this ring.

As for dps spellcaster builds that one mentioned, they get their spell damage/elemental damage bonus from passive tree, wand/dagger, shield, amulet, and 2 rings and sometimes even helm and chest. The increase provided by this ring over a regular ring is negligible at the expense of survivability and the need to switch between skills.

Also, you can't link the gem in that ring to anything. That alone makes it completely useless. same for the other unset ring unique. I really don't see why i should use a gem with ~50% increased damage if i can easily have a 4L with way more damage (plus other convience, like shorter cast time -> more run away time).
Bear in mind the ring hasn't gone through any balance passes yet either, so things could get much better or much worse.

I'd like to see some life on the ring, I'm kind of tired of making builds with too many uniques that have 3,500 life at level 80. I saw a great idea from one of the comments in the video: give +2 maximum life for each level the socketed gem has.

If EE on a single gem is found to be too strong in the balance pass, there are some other ways to balance the ring:
Socketed gem has XX% reduced cast speed
Socketed gem has XX% increased mana cost
Socketed gem has a XX second cooldown

Though personally, I think that the downside is simply having an attack skill that can't be linked with faster casting, AOE, faster attacks, so on. Unset rings are pretty useless in general unless you are desperately in need of a socket for your Arctic Armor or Portal gem. Chances are if I were to use that item as it is listed, I would probably only bother with EE on bosses.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Last edited by gilrad on Jul 21, 2014, 9:36:58 AM
Imo if the item is designed to be used for preparation of boss fights well known, the item design is pretty spot on and satisfies all needs. I'd have one of those beauties in my inventory for certain. The EE on that one is incredible.
"
mouhanad wrote:
For those saying this ring is good for endgame... I call bullshit.

Some of the commentators apparently have not read the analysis or have limited understanding of game mechanics. The elemental equilibrium that some here are gushing about is equivalent to a 50 percents increase in elemental damage. Rare rings can provide up to 30 percent increase in elemental damage with no need to proc and with additional useful stats and none of the downsides of this ring.

As for dps spellcaster builds that one mentioned, they get their spell damage/elemental damage bonus from passive tree, wand/dagger, shield, amulet, and 2 rings and sometimes even helm and chest. The increase provided by this ring over a regular ring is negligible at the expense of survivability and the need to switch between skills.

Man, you clearly have no understanding about what Elemental Equilibrium does, you are 100 % wrong.
I will give you an example.

If you put Cold snap is this ring, and use it against high resist fire or lightning mobs, like 75 % resist, you get 200 % more damage during 5 sec with lightning or fire skills.
Even 50 % resist, it's still 100 % more damage.

This is particulary effective against bosses that are almost immune to curses.

That is how the ring works. Nothing can compete with that and especially no ring with only "increase" damage.

"
some of the commentators apparently have not read the analysis or have limited understanding of game mechanics

you are referring to yourself right ? your analysis is simply fully erroneous because you completely misunderstood how the ring behave.

"
gilrad wrote:

Though personally, I think that the downside is simply having an attack skill that can't be linked with faster casting, AOE, faster attacks, so on. Unset rings are pretty useless in general unless you are desperately in need of a socket for your Arctic Armor or Portal gem. Chances are if I were to use that item as it is listed, I would probably only bother with EE on bosses.

Your attack/spell will continue to be on your chest/weapon. You just proc EE with one utiliy ( like cold snap ) in the ring and spam your attack/spell during 5 sec with the proc'ed EE.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jul 21, 2014, 10:08:44 AM
"
mouhanad wrote:

Comedy gold, especially with the bolded part. Maybe you should educate yourself about what elemental equilibrium actually does.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
@Malone I rechecked the phrasing of elemental equilibrium. I stand corrected. I previously thought EE gives 50 percent more elemental damage of a specific element but actually it gives -50 percent resistance which would be really potent against Bosses if the devs allow it to apply fully to bosses. So basically a boss with 75 percent elemental resist will have his resistance reduced to zero when EE on this ring is used in conjunction with a penetration gems on your attack/spell.

Still there are some serious downsides to this ring. It works only for 5 seconds before it needs to be procced again. Also, the resistance part is too gimmicky. No life or ES roll either.
This ring is actually really good...but it's not one of those rings you always keep equipped. Honestly this is a must have ring to keep in your inventory and just use for upcoming fights. This is also really good for maps that have elemental resists.
"
Malone wrote:

Your attack/spell will continue to be on your chest/weapon. You just proc EE with one utiliy ( like cold snap ) in the ring and spam your attack/spell during 5 sec with the proc'ed EE.

Yeah, but would you run a 5-second curse in an unset ring without any cast speed modifiers on gear/tree? People do, I know, but I personally am not a fan of stopping what I'm doing, casting a spell that takes half a century to finish, then going back to attacking/moving.

Even so, putting flame totem in the thing sounds like it could help extend the duration while at the same time distracting enemies.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
I previously thought EE gives 50 percent more elemental damage of a specific element but actually it gives -50 percent resistance which would be really potent against Bosses if the devs allow it to apply fully to bosses

Elemental Equilibrium already works on bosses. There is no reason why this ring would not.
For the bonus this ring provides, downside is not a problem. There are very little items that essentially give 50% more elemental damage.
awesome part is that you wouldnt have to go over the annoyance of ee for random magic mobs, compared to using the keystone. I actually waswishing there were EE support gem just a while ago
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info