Cheap, Tanky, DPSy: Summon Raging Spirit [not updated for 1.3+]

Going through all of these different builds is really confusing. Could some one help me decide which one to choose? I want to do SRS and have the option to run a psuedo-mf gearset (IIR/IIQ rings/gloves/boots/belt/amulet) with out TOO much impact on gameplay. I also want the option to do high level maps with optimal gear (when I get it) I am going to play this toon in the new league as well so I am starting with nothing. I think CI would be a bad idea since it is very gear dependent, so I am tied between hybrid es/life or life with EB.

What do you guys think is the greatest option for what I want? I have compared and compared but I haven't played enough to know what is best.

IGN: Crotchless
Last edited by rsantama on Aug 18, 2014, 6:21:01 PM
Matrix and others, if some of the new content turns out to be much harder than current content, and it proves best to go with a shield, what changes would you make to the gearing and perhaps the 5-6L chest?

How much of an approximate dps loss is this over staff?
"
Clean wrote:
Matrix and others, if some of the new content turns out to be much harder than current content, and it proves best to go with a shield, what changes would you make to the gearing and perhaps the 5-6L chest?

How much of an approximate dps loss is this over staff?

My 2 cents....I don't think shields fit well within this build as a defensive option, for many resons:

- without a +3 skill staff u'll lose around 25% of SRS base damage, it's huge since one of your best defensive capabilities is killing speed (if they're dead they do 0 damage), I feel empower at higher levels would be mandatory to compensate the lack of dps.

- if you like shields because of their block chance, keep in mind that staves have innate 12-18% block (can become 15-21% at the cost of a single passive point) shields have 24-30% and I don't think this build can afford a block commitment in the tree without severely hurting one or more vital stats (life, mana pool/regen, cast speed, spell duration, aura cost/buffs)

- shield's defences are not too useful (except ES for extra mana) since it's a build that doesn't rely on them

- with shields you'll be forced to a 1hand with little usefulness since this build doesn't need crit, spell dmg or weapon damage.
Last edited by Beregondz on Aug 18, 2014, 7:16:12 PM
looking foreward to play it in FOrsaken Masters
"
rsantama wrote:
Going through all of these different builds is really confusing. Could some one help me decide which one to choose? I want to do SRS and have the option to run a psuedo-mf gearset (IIR/IIQ rings/gloves/boots/belt/amulet) with out TOO much impact on gameplay. I also want the option to do high level maps with optimal gear (when I get it) I am going to play this toon in the new league as well so I am starting with nothing. I think CI would be a bad idea since it is very gear dependent, so I am tied between hybrid es/life or life with EB.

What do you guys think is the greatest option for what I want? I have compared and compared but I haven't played enough to know what is best.

I will post a single build when 1.2 is out and I make a decision. For now I suggest you start as life/EB and switch to life/ES hybrid when you get good mana regen jewelry.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
rsantama wrote:

I will post a single build when 1.2 is out and I make a decision. For now I suggest you start as life/EB and switch to life/ES hybrid when you get good mana regen jewelry.

Thanks for the reply! I decided on doing the flask master build with EB. Untill I go hybrid I will use cloak of defiance. Great thing about this build is it doesnt need a 5L chest which saves alot on currency when getting a unique chest like that.
IGN: Crotchless
Quote from patch notes

Summon Raging Spirit: The damage done by the summoned Raging Spirits has been reduced at higher levels, up to a 20% reduction in damage at level 20.

WIth 20% i think its still worth a SRS build, they should still do enough damage.

Added a new Strength/Intelligence support gem: Generosity: Auras linked to Generosity have increased Aura effect for your allies, but do not affect you.

So they modified the tooltip to Increase Aura effect for your allies instead of party members, so that means that our Spirits will be affected too no?

This changes the aura setup to Reduced Mana+Generosity+Hatred+Haste and clarity somewhere else.

What do you guys think? we still doing this?
I'll be trying the build still. Hopefully the extra buff from generosity auras will be enough.More needed slots though for that extra reduced mana/clarity/grace/discipline
If (and this seems the case) Generosity affects your spirits, how do you plan to your links?
Link both Hatred and Haste to Generosity or just Hatred?
"
If (and this seems the case) Generosity affects your spirits, how do you plan to your links?
Link both Hatred and Haste to Generosity or just Hatred?

I think just link generosity with hatred

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info