Why isn't Cyclone scripted as "Mana/Second Movement Skill" ?

the suggestion about mana cost a la artic armor seem fit but just fixing the movement i would be ok !
Well, to try to answer the question as originally posed - it doesn't work with blood magic that way, for one, and for another, the high mana cost introduces a tactical tradeoff between sustainability and control.

Also, though, the functionality you're requesting could probably be solved without resorting to it - it would still probably require refactoring code, so unlikely it'll be implemented quickly even if the devs like the idea, but altering its "go until you hit point X" command to a "go Y units in the direction of point X" would, along with a proportionate reduction in the mana cost, do about what you'd expect.
It'd be pretty close to a numbers tweak on Whirling Blades at that point, and you'd lose the tradeoff aspect, but that does seem to be what you're asking for.
I have wandered through insanity;
I have walked the spiral out.
Heard its twisted dreamed inanity
In a whisper, in a shout.
In the babbling cacophony
The refrains are all the same:
"[permutations of humanity]
are unworthy of the name!"
I like this idea. It'd grant you much more control over your character and I can see the reasoning behind it being less prone to bad action synchronization then.

Maybe do it all different and make Cyclone drain Life instead of Mana in the first place, flavoring the pay off in defense for mad berserk offense? This way we have Arctic Armour not possible for BM chars and Cyclone not possible for CI chars, doesn't see something bad in here. It'd also manifest Dirks notion of having the need to build around the skill effectively. ;)
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 21, 2014, 10:22:36 AM
"
Skivverus wrote:
Well, to try to answer the question as originally posed - it doesn't work with blood magic that way, for one, and for another, the high mana cost introduces a tactical tradeoff between sustainability and control.

Also, though, the functionality you're requesting could probably be solved without resorting to it - it would still probably require refactoring code, so unlikely it'll be implemented quickly even if the devs like the idea, but altering its "go until you hit point X" command to a "go Y units in the direction of point X" would, along with a proportionate reduction in the mana cost, do about what you'd expect.
It'd be pretty close to a numbers tweak on Whirling Blades at that point, and you'd lose the tradeoff aspect, but that does seem to be what you're asking for.

i can live with its cost right now and would prioritize the movement functionnality :)
"
Skivverus wrote:

I disagree that mana cost should be the tradeoff for good gameplay. In my opinion it feels very clunky to have to click somewhere far away.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
"
lukeiy wrote:
I disagree that mana cost should be the tradeoff for good gameplay. In my opinion it feels very clunky to have to click somewhere far away.

Pretty much, it kinda simulates the problem one has with Whirling Blades aswell. Both skills need to be reworked to be less resonant to the environment and therefore being pretty desync heavy. Better work this way around it then wait for the magical desync solution GGG is testing on their internal server for 1 year and more.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 23, 2014, 8:32:55 AM
I wish we would have a reply from GGG about this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info