Why isn't Cyclone scripted as "Mana/Second Movement Skill" ?

"
"
ffogell wrote:
I have been advocating this for ages !

Cyclone should work like artic armor.
Also the pathing should work like with movement, how many times i click somewhere and my character does not even move at all , that plain suck.

Doing those 2 changes would make desync far more bearable !!!

Damn it GGG do it !!

First of all, just edit your comment, no need for a one after another. Secondly, i prefer it the way it is thank you very much. If it worked like arctic armor i couldnt use it anymore.

Its help bump the thread :)

And why do you prefer it that way ? And why you could not use it anymore ? Overall i think it would be an improvement and a x mana/life second would be easier to manage than a 200+ mana/life cost spell (that is really huge).
Last edited by ffogell on Jul 18, 2014, 11:36:59 AM
"
ffogell wrote:
"
"
ffogell wrote:
I have been advocating this for ages !

Cyclone should work like artic armor.
Also the pathing should work like with movement, how many times i click somewhere and my character does not even move at all , that plain suck.

Doing those 2 changes would make desync far more bearable !!!

Damn it GGG do it !!

First of all, just edit your comment, no need for a one after another. Secondly, i prefer it the way it is thank you very much. If it worked like arctic armor i couldnt use it anymore.

Its help bump the thread :)

And why do you prefer it that way ? And why you could not use it anymore ? Overall i think it would be an improvement and a x mana/life second would be easier to manage than a 200+ mana/life cost spell (that is really huge).

What in the hell are you linking to it that makes it cost 200 mana? I put reduced mana to it and inc aoe and i think melee physical damage and i took the less mana cost nodes. It costs me around 10 or so.

And if it was like arctic armor it would drain constantly which is something i dont want.
"
which is something i dont want.

your argumentation is bad as always,
I'm a savage, I'm a king
I fought deceivers
I conquered evil
"
StormHunter wrote:
"
which is something i dont want.

your argumentation is bad as always,

You have anything to say?
"

What in the hell are you linking to it that makes it cost 200 mana? I put reduced mana to it and inc aoe and i think melee physical damage and i took the less mana cost nodes. It costs me around 10 or so.

And if it was like arctic armor it would drain constantly which is something i dont want.

Cylone - Melee phys - Inc. AOE - Blood Magic - LGoH:

36 * 1,4 * 1,5 * 1,97 * 1,5 = 223 Mana / cast for a 5 L...

For your example:

36 * 1,4 * 1,5 * 0,71 = 54 Mana / cast. For you to pay 10 Mana/cast you'd need 80% Reduced Mana on skills from the tree, which is impossible without a Vertex.

EDIT: With the 5% on the Duelist/Ranger side 80% is actually possible, but youd need 20 points for the reduce alone.

Paying with mana/life per sec would be much better for the overall useability for this skill imho.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
Last edited by Vincendra on Jul 18, 2014, 3:43:07 PM
exactly !
"
Vincendra wrote:
"

Cylone - Melee phys - Inc. AOE - Blood Magic - LGoH:

36 * 1,4 * 1,5 * 1,97 * 1,5 = 223 Mana / cast for a 5 L...

For your example:

36 * 1,4 * 1,5 * 0,71 = 54 Mana / cast. For you to pay 10 Mana/cast you'd need 80% Reduced Mana on skills from the tree, which is impossible without a Vertex.

EDIT: With the 5% on the Duelist/Ranger side 80% is actually possible, but youd need 20 points for the reduce alone.

Paying with mana/life per sec would be much better for the overall useability for this skill imho.

Im not using blood magic...i dont even have loh on it...
"

I took a lvl 20 cylone (36) mana and used your gems in that example (inc. Aoe 140%, Melee Phys 150%, Reduce Mana 71%)

The other example is what I use atm and i cant use mana even if id liked to, since im casting cycone 2-3 times per second so I can manouver my toon with small cyclone steps.

Last edited by Vincendra on Jul 18, 2014, 9:25:51 PM
"
Vincendra wrote:
"

I took a lvl 20 cylone (36) mana and used your gems in that example (inc. Aoe 140%, Melee Phys 150%, Reduce Mana 71%)

The other example is what I use atm and i cant use mana even if id liked to, since im casting cycone 2-3 times per second so I can manouver my toon with small cyclone steps.

I use the less mana cost nodes from the marauder and all over to the scion start almost. Havent looked at the tree in a while but its reduced so hard, there is no way im spending much mana.

Still you are spending up to 10 Skillpoint alone for the less mana, not counting the nodes you need to get there.
Also, I am playing a Cyclone Shadow atm and have nearly no access to these nodes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info