RMT Sites are now making their own items and selling copies.

"
Mazul Said "Nothing will be done. Standard is designed to attract RMT sites. Maybe if they delete mirrors and eternals something will change, but since they don't care about the balance of standard, I guess they will stay.

I read this, and HAD to respond. RMT is way more popular in the leagues than it is on Standard.

Standard has plenty of currency going around, while the leagues are very limited, especially at the beginning. All the players that are at the top of the leagues use RMT.
Standard League
Lokailith - Level 100 Max Block Static Strike Marauder. Ranked #87 In World
Helped 7 Players Grind To 100 PRE Awakening & 3 Players Post Awakening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Streaming @ twitch.tv/levy42088
"
Xavderion wrote:
Prove me wrong by quantifying the effect of RMT on the average player.

I'll do better than that, I'll quantify the effect of RMT on me, someone who, by all intents and purposes, will be the LEAST affected by RMT.

As you know, Xav, I don't trade, I play self found, I play solo, I don't covet that what others have, I don't compete, I am.. removed from the economy and competition.

There is, however, always a threat. A threat that at any time, be it through my own security failures or GGG's, that my account will be plundered. For me, every item could be bound, I could have trading in and out disabled, dropping items disabled, all drops allocated to me or not to me. The only threat being that someone could maliciously delete everything I have. This, however could, with the above implementations, be covered by GGG with a restore without the abuse/exploit risks that would normally go with restores.

GGG don't offer me this, I play constantly with the risk of RMT linked hackers undoing my, atm >6,000 hours of progression. I play with this risk while not taking any of the 'benefits' that cause its existence.

But that isn't all.

There are many designs in PoE which, while not benefiting me, are there for the integrity of the competition. My game play experience is again affected because of something I don't partake in. This is a pretty substantial area including the almighty desync.

Now, I can understand the reasons why certain designs are the way they are, for the competition. For what is a competition if not fair?

This is where it gets me pissed, I KNOW GGG don't act on jsp, botting and RMT anywhere close to how they claim. When someone can, for months on end, use the same name on jsp as their PoE account, advertise and sell the same items on both sites and receive FG for them, and NOTHING is done, I KNOW GGG are talking BS. Then, when someone eventually reports this guy (not me btw, I refused to) he gets a ban and then warns everyone on jsp, openly talks about a way to get his account back and is restored the next day.

Just google "The one who named me was TheAnuhart, he is lurking around on jsp and reporting people to GGG" and see for yourself, you can probably back track through his trade threads, April and May were especially telling of how little GGG care.

So what's the problem?
I don't give a shit whether Tom, Dick or Harry buy X or Y with £, $ or FG. That itself doesn't bother me, it doesn't affect me directly, economy? Fuck economy.

BUT, GGG saying they have this stance on RMT, jsp, FG, external currency, etc and NOT upholding that stance is NOT giving an equal playing field. Those who obey are at a disadvantage to those who openly break the rules. This affects me because I forfeit a better game play experience in so many ways in the cause of a fair competitive playing field which DOES NOT EXIST.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jul 16, 2014, 11:01:21 AM
"
levy42088 wrote:
All the players that are at the top of the leagues use RMT.

[citation needed]
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Eh... nothing new. I've been checking a particular item for months now that is listed for mirroring service on a few different RMT sites. Always available. Maybe there's multiple identical mirror worthy items out there, so GGG can't link it to nefarious activity. Seems doubtful.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
Deux wrote:

Funny, I haven't played an MMO yet to date (been playing them for 15 years) that has solved or negated the issue entirely..

Not even close.

But you are right, I probably "don't feel good", goes to lay down.

You are indeed funny. In all of my posts in this thread what I say is, it's a problem that cannot be entirely removed and players have to live with it. The point is to find a way to make it affect less the majority of players.

I doubt anyone here truly read any of my posts to the end, or at all. Or reading comprehension totally lacking. Or it's truly full of retards worldwide. The latter is definitely a problem no one can solve.

P.S. Veruski, you are actually arguing with Deux. Deal with each other. Post quoted is not mine.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Jul 16, 2014, 11:23:27 AM
"
torturo wrote:
P.S. Veruski, you are actually arguing with Deux. Deal with each other. Post quoted is not mine.

I'll edit it. It wasn't meant to be taken personally, anyway.

I just hate reading this "there is no solution" bullshit.

There absolutely is solutions and ways to confront/mitigate RMT significantly.

It's GGG's choice to not enforce their rules to the same extent that other game companies do.

People here love to rag on Blizzard, but at least they have the balls to do massive ban waves.
So, what can be done to prevent such thing in the future? Nothing unless account bound gear/currency, which is not a case for GGG for some mad reason.

What I see is what next time they (RMT crafters) just mirror such gear not for $$$ but for in-game currency and later convert in-game currency to $$$, so it would be impossible to catch them. So banning current wand does not solve anything.
IGN: MsAnnoyance
Last edited by qquno on Jul 16, 2014, 11:11:18 AM
"
qquno wrote:
So, what can be done to prevent such thing in the future? Nothing unless account bound gear/currency, which is not a case for GGG for some mad reason.

Because you're too lazy to even read the most recent two pages of this thread, I'll quote myself.

"
Veruski wrote:
Uh....

How about the same exact way every other company deals with it?

As a developer, or GGG employeee, get your hands on an old account on some of these dirty websites. Participate in RMT in order to unmask people doing it -- particularly the large quantity movers.

Don't ban them right off. Use them and observe them once you know who they are, and find out who they are trading with, where their orbs are coming from, where they are going.

Once you have a lot of evidence and a nice fat list of guilty accounts -- do a massive ban wave

This would protect the identity of your under-cover account, do tons of damage to the RMT infrastructure, and sow mistrust across the active RMT'ers, forcing it further underground and thus making it harder for people to participate in it, and increasing the likelihood that they get banned as a result.

No, you can never completely get rid of RMT... But you can absolutely fight it, and do lots of damage, and make big examples of people. I don't see this happening with PoE, though. The developers seem to not care.

PoE is very RMT-friendly. I don't say this because GGG allows it. I say it because in my experience, compared to other games, GGG seems to not put much effort into stopping it.
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 16, 2014, 11:13:43 AM
Yeah, if you google the wand, you'll see it isn't on the forums. Same for searching on poexyz. Not good.
Current IGN: TheBearerOfLight
Gizoogle Chris: "Da State of Exile muthafuckas axed mah crazy ass ta post a reminder dat they podcast is dis weekend, as usual. It aint nuthin but tha nick nack patty wack, I still gots tha bigger sack."
to solve this problem is so simple , every currensy should be craftable at some different difficulty but it should be possible . since GGG and the "system" decided on some algorythm nobody know the drop rate of exalts , nobody can do nothing .

the only thing is who decided on price ? GGG? or these big buyers RMT who have 98% of exalts of the games and make the economy goes as they want .

foolish mortal, only skilled players blessed by RNGesus himself can ever farm one, not you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info