RMT Sites are now making their own items and selling copies.

can't say I'm surprised.
I actually thought it would happen a lot sooner.

but truth be told, even legit-player-owned BiS items attract mostly RMTing - or "rich" with RMT-originated orbs - customers.
there's a thread about that here in General Discussion.

looks like the RMT Cancer is winning, and GGG don't really have anyone to blame for that but themselves, and their own design.
they were the ones who left the door open.
no wait, not a door. more like a huge fucking castle gate with a big. flashy neon sign that says "welcome! please, come in!".
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jul 16, 2014, 2:22:06 PM
"
BoltThrower87 wrote:
Yeah, if you google the wand, you'll see it isn't on the forums. Same for searching on poexyz. Not good.

Maybe because this is a fake screenshot.

" "Mirrored" would not be listed with the rest of the affixes, but under all of them, under the line"

By the way, I think that crafters having a monopoly harm more the game than RMT sites...
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jul 16, 2014, 2:28:32 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
can't say I'm surprised.
I actually thought it would happen a lot sooner.

but truth be told, even legit-player-owned BiS items attract mostly RMTing - or "rich" with RMT-originated orbs - customers.
there's a thread about that here in General Discussion.

looks like the RMT Cancer is winning, and GGG don't really have anyone to blame for that but themselves, and their own design.

amen brother, amen

IGN : Sir_Big
"
torturo wrote:

I think all you can do is whine about it with no single idea about the genesis of RMT and the true reasons it's so popular in this game.

i refuse to accept any argments why it should be the game's fault that people rmt.
EVERY online game where people can exchange goods there is trade and every same game has rmt.

and i can tell you the ONLY way on how it's possible to stop rmt, kick players from the game for good which rmt and get caught. make punishment hard and scare these rmt fuckers off.

though this requires a mandatory identification of participants by credit card or other documents.

for this to realize, ggg has to split the game in 2 parts: both free to play but one is for supporters only where (or) the identification is known.

for example the temp leagues could be for known supporters only and the permanent leagues remain free. but i definitely know that chris is not a friend of splitting the community into supporters and non-supporters, being it on the forum or the game.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jul 16, 2014, 2:32:22 PM
Easy solution: DON'T PLAY STANDARD.
IGN Ken__Kaniff
then you only refuse to accept the ugly truth, @Geradon.

RMT does indeed exist in all games with an "economy", but very, very few games actually encourage it as much as Path Of Exile does, with its layered-all-RNG, mandatory-trade design.
that's exactly what I meant by "leaving the castle gate open" and welcoming RMT.

punishing the RMTers? yes. absolutely.
but GGG should both punish whoever they can catch red-handed AND make sure players don't have the kind of absolutely gigantic motivation to RMT, as they do now.

supporter-only game? if we go there, they may as well create an offline, single-player, paid version. I'd gladly pay for one.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Jul 16, 2014, 2:38:07 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:

supporter-only game? if we go there, they may as well create an offline, single-player, paid version. I'd gladly pay for one.

Oh hell yeah. Fuck the competitive randomness scene. Fuck the economy.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
geradon wrote:
"
torturo wrote:

I think all you can do is whine about it with no single idea about the genesis of RMT and the true reasons it's so popular in this game.

i refuse to accept any argments why it should be the game's fault that people rmt.
EVERY online game where people can exchange goods there is trade and every same game has rmt.

and i can tell you the ONLY way on how it's possible to stop rmt, kick players from the game for good which rmt and get caught. make punishment hard and scare these rmt fuckers off.

though this requires a mandatory identification of participants by credit card or other documents.

for this to realize, ggg has to split the game in 2 parts: both free to play but one is for supporters only where (or) the identification is known.

for example the temp leagues could be for known supporters only and the permanent leagues remain free. but i definitely know that chris is not a friend of splitting the community into supporters and non-supporters, being it on the forum or the game.

i disagree, its the game design that sets the boundries for RMT , in poe obviously boundries are almost non existant

i really hope other alpha testers are more open minded and imaginative:(.
IGN : Sir_Big
Last edited by Achilion on Jul 16, 2014, 2:39:35 PM
I cant decide if GGG locking this or their half assed attempt to reassure us will be more funny.
"just for try, for see and for know"
I guess that the guy ( who did this fake screenshot ) has a very good laugh by reading this thread.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jul 16, 2014, 2:45:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info