RMT Sites are now making their own items and selling copies.

"

No, the 0-2 Eternals you will ever find playing will not bypass the gambling.

True, but that's another story, not related with the orb itself.
Botting in general, the reasons for botting in particular, the MF flaws (orbs drop rate, high tier orbs dropping out of breakables), it's just about another conversation.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Jul 16, 2014, 8:34:59 AM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
overpowdered wrote:
"
ibase wrote:

self found league will be implemented soon, all you shit will become worthless. Should next time invest money into something different.

Source?

Most likely his anal cavity.

Yep!
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
"
torturo wrote:
Eternals were never a problem. They are a nice orb, helping to bypass the "crafting" flaws.

No, the 0-2 Eternals you will ever find playing will not bypass the gambling.

True. And there should not be a way to save the state of item to undo an unwanted result of an Exalted Orb.

Eternals and Mirrors are ridiculous items. In the end, the rarity of these doesn't matter. No matter how rare, the rich will have and use them. Period. What's more, without these 2 items then Exalted Orbs could drop more frequently and actually be used for their originally intended and fun purpose: adding an affix to rare, any rare that is half decent.

The gambling wouldn't be so bad if you found Exalts near the rate at which half-decent rares were found.
It was inevitable given the broken state of mirrors and eternals. This has always been happening anyway via the 'mirror service' nonsense. This isn't a standard specific problem either.

Better get on this one quickly GGG. And all of that map hacking and zooming stuff going on as well. Things are in bad shape atm.

The hacking/botting/desync/whatever issues is a billion times more important then the 10 people who buy $250 weapons.

I mean like come on really, if you remove botting/hacking then RMT websites would have to manually get the shit within the game and although they can still RMT it would be much much less and not affect the economy what so ever. Along with all of the other issues that affect normal people more.

Last edited by RagnarokChu on Jul 16, 2014, 10:01:11 AM
"
torturo wrote:
RMT is not the problem. There are plenty of people, in any game, that are willing to follow the path of least resistance. It's supposed to be their problem wasting real money on pixels.

Poor itemization, low quality of item drops, low quantity of orb drops and pseudo crafting was, and still is, the Devil.

In well designed games going RMT does not bring heavy advantages. Because it is considered that players will obtain the items they need sooner, or later. RMT just fastens the process. Are you that impatient? Go RMT, play the fool.

In PoE there's no way to get high tier items, without buying them. You may play months and years and you'll still be where you started. You can't craft the desired item(s), as you'll fail. You will even lack the needed amount of orbs to try. You can't rely on drops either.

RMT sites just provide what game, itself, don't. Demand and supply.

Blame on game design, not on RMT. They are just traders.

It really amuses me how in a game, intentionally designed around economy and trading, there are still people surprised, that common real world economical processes has taken advantage on it.

P.S.
Oops, was about to forget : it's also not clear how exactly the RMT site, providing the wand, is so damn worse than some ingame crafters that provide mirror services as well. And RMT the profit later on.

I guess it's new for GGG either, let's someone make a thread about it, they need to know. lol

in your efforts to defend and whitewash rmt you simply forgot leveling services. i do consider them rmt as well. how do you want to counter that with game design?

your excuses are all in vain, people who buy ingame advantages (gear or accounts) and people offering them the service to do so for real money are assholes who devalue any ingame achievements players can get because they're always under suspicion they bought their way into them.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Jul 16, 2014, 10:19:17 AM
Anyone surprised, huh? PoE design is as if it was made for RMT:

* competitive nature
* insane RNG / grindiness
* mirrors
* eternals
* gameplay that is basically gear-check. It cant be skill-check, because of desync.
* trading is the most powerful gameplay option
* crafting is pure gambling
* a company that has no resources to do 'police work'
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jul 16, 2014, 10:20:16 AM
Botting and RMT cannot be removed. It's naive to think the opposite.

There are 3 ways of dealing with it:

1.Make it legal and cheer it, make profit out of it as a gaming company.
2.BOA items.
3.Balance the game in a way bots/RMT doesn't greatly affect the majority of players; implement the proper mechanics that will make RMT not reasonable and, respectively, less popular.

"
in your efforts to defend and whitewash rmt you simply forgot leveling services. i do consider them rmt as well. how do you want to counter that with game design?

your excuses are all in vain, people who buy ingame advantages (gear or accounts) and people offering them the service to do so for real money are assholes who devalue any ingame achievements players can get because they're always under suspicion they bought their way into them.

I think all you can do is whine about it with no single idea about the genesis of RMT and the true reasons it's so popular in this game. Same for the leveling and any kind of service paid with real cash. These are all named "RMT".

BTW I defend nothing. I'm just objective.

Share your thoughts, if there are any.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Jul 16, 2014, 10:35:40 AM
"
morbo wrote:
Anyone surprised, huh? PoE design is as if it was made for RMT:

* competitive nature
* insane RNG / grindiness
* mirrors
* eternals
* gameplay that is basically gear-check. It cant be skill-check, because of desync.
* trading is the most powerful gameplay option
* crafting is pure gambling
* a company that has no resources to do 'police work'

I mean if a RMT company would create a game you could not do much better
meanwhile in temp leagues.....

https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info