Gorge Clear speeds records

I know there's no snapshotting for the main records contest, but why not have a separate category where snapshotting is ok? I bet I'm not the only one who wouldn't mind submitting a run but can't be bothered to swap gear/gems around to not use snapshotting.
IGN: Jihokinetic
"
Jihoko wrote:
I know there's no snapshotting for the main records contest, but why not have a separate category where snapshotting is ok? I bet I'm not the only one who wouldn't mind submitting a run but can't be bothered to swap gear/gems around to not use snapshotting.

Because this is a permanent thing i'll be doing which includes the update in 3 weeks where snapshot is gone.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
"
Skyforth wrote:
"
Jihoko wrote:

Because this is a permanent thing i'll be doing which includes the update in 3 weeks where snapshot is gone.

"ALL CHARACTERS AND TIMES ARE ACCEPTED!"

Isn't very accurate, is it? Whether it's permanent or not is irrelevant. I'm sure many of these builds are getting nerfed in 3 weeks too! Does that make their records invalid if you can no longer do the build that way? Low-life and auras in general are almost certainly getting nerfed, so it's debatable how relevant *any* of these runs will be in 3 weeks.

edit: What I think would be very interesting is if you actually included snapshotting but forced the players to record it and add it to their time. Then we might see whether snapshotting is even worth it from a clear-speed perspective. It doesn't have to be in a main category, but you already have a ridiculous # of categories, what's one more?
Last edited by Jihoko on Jul 16, 2014, 8:33:18 AM
I'd also like to note that while this is a cool idea and is surely useful information, it is biased towards glass cannons. Gorge has to be one of the easiest maps out there in terms of layout, mob types, and difficulty of boss. You don't need any survivability at all in such a wide-open, easy to navigate map if you're ranged. You just shoot from afar and things are dead before they get close.

When people are usually more concerned with how long it takes them to clear 77+ maps when evaluating builds, how often they will die, and how quickly/easily they kill harder bosses... well, a Gorge time doesn't really reflect any of those things. It's a somewhat useful proxy for clear speeed, but really only in other wide-open maps with easy mobs.

Still a fun thread, just wish you didn't exclude some builds. In my case, I could stop snapshotting and only lose 2 purity auras but it would mean changing all my socket colors. Considering many of those are 4-off already, I'm not going to spend 1000's of chroms just so I can make a submission, and I'm not megarich where I have an alternate set of comparable "non-snapshot" gear.
"
Jihoko wrote:
I'd also like to note that while this is a cool idea and is surely useful information, it is biased towards glass cannons. Gorge has to be one of the easiest maps out there in terms of layout, mob types, and difficulty of boss. You don't need any survivability at all in such a wide-open, easy to navigate map if you're ranged. You just shoot from afar and things are dead before they get close.

When people are usually more concerned with how long it takes them to clear 77+ maps when evaluating builds, how often they will die, and how quickly/easily they kill harder bosses... well, a Gorge time doesn't really reflect any of those things. It's a somewhat useful proxy for clear speeed, but really only in other wide-open maps with easy mobs.

Still a fun thread, just wish you didn't exclude some builds. In my case, I could stop snapshotting and only lose 2 purity auras but it would mean changing all my socket colors. Considering many of those are 4-off already, I'm not going to spend 1000's of chroms just so I can make a submission, and I'm not megarich where I have an alternate set of comparable "non-snapshot" gear.

If you only snapshot auras, that's acceptable as it has no direct effect towards clear speed. Something like removing all reduced mana passives then placing them into movespeed nodes or DPS is not allowed.
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
some ppl try to really be as stupid as anyhow possible
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos
"
danisonxtc wrote:
some ppl try to really be as stupid as anyhow possible

+1
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
This competition is unfair.

Whirling blades is faster than any other movement skill.
"
ganjarak wrote:

I remember when i went to a Bow guide and people said "you can just weapon swap weapon and use whirling blades" now i hear its unfair people pleas decide Kappa
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
"
ganjarak wrote:

Nah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io-3zOaL-0I
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 16, 2014, 12:35:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info