[1.2.3] Sid's Ball Lightning - EB/Crit /2 Curse on hit/ 4 Auras with Herald of Ice

Sid the best way to know how much hit a bl does is one.Corrupting blood :)

If only standard have them i would tell you how many i do,right now with 85% aoe on new league it can do 3 to enemys towarding you,and using a totem scapegoat on enemy,it does 5 hits to immovable targets.

Soon,standard will have this mods,and what i thought was doing something like 5-8 hits maybe it can do something like 12-16 lolXD in the 170% senario
Bye bye desync!
standard has corrupting blood since spring 2014.

and it is THE single most dangerous affix for BL build. ive seen 25 stacks created in seconds and barely managed to hit the flask.

id never ever do tests with this mod :) that lone totem in merc Ledge is far more safe and if one manages to find a 'healing' one - it is a perfect testing playground
I can confirm loot going away
Some time ago I killed merveil and as I was using heavy strike, her corpse managed to get stuck in textures and, hence, all the loot
It was not possible to leap slam or light wrap there anyhow, so loot was gone
updated with final gear and final tree (85). i shall no longer play this char in foreseeable future due to there being other skills to play with but i have to say - man, that was a blast.

still cannot understand how people can claim it is a bad skill
Great post and discussion, would read again. I went faster casting/spell echo with this skill and was sorely underwhelmed, but now I'm interested in trying it again.

Also, this is the only BL build I've seen that's truly on a budget, and I have to commend you for that. All the others seem to rely on the 6/7L spell echo setup to get decent clear speed, and with that setup it seems silly to not just switch to Arc. Your build uses the strengths of this particular skill, which I appreciate.
Last edited by PseudoDragon on Aug 5, 2014, 12:45:08 PM
Thanks!

havent really noticed that until pointed out but this build is really quite cheap indeed. Catalyst is bit expensive but Divinarius is almost as good. Atziri Belt is mandatory but fortunately its price only goes down with time. Carcass Jack (5L) is actually 3-4ex right now and after crafting should be achievable (with serious mindless grind sadly..) for self found guys

ill re-visit this build after tree changes - it seems that there are SERIOUS witch area nodes and this build requires AOE nodes and if these are gone - then this build is no more..
"
adding cast speed - only makes people cast more duds.

Duds? Do you mean when you run out mana? All the cooldown does is effectively limit shotgunning from lmp/GMP, it doesn't actually create useless lightning balls since each cast has its own cooldown.

Interesting build though. Video was a nice demonstration.
Last edited by kasub on Aug 6, 2014, 2:03:23 AM
Duds: balls that do little damage due to not being properly scaled for. It has nothing to do with cooldown/shotgun.

I saw several builds when people absolutely ignored scalling the ball and went for casting as many of these as possible. In short theyve ignored exponential scaling of aoe and went for linear one provided by cast speed

Seeing that people with 7link and that setup clear a lot slower than i do with measely 5link it seems to not be the best way to do it.

I consider echo/fc as 6th and 7th link. Previous 5 links are there for very valid reasons and perform better than echo/fc
"
sidtherat wrote:
ill re-visit this build after tree changes - it seems that there are SERIOUS witch area nodes and this build requires AOE nodes and if these are gone - then this build is no more..

I'll definitely look for it. And I wouldn't worry about the AoE nodes - they're still present in the image they posted in the main info release. If you squint you'll see them on the NE edge of the big central triangle. It's not a final tree, but I suspect they'll stick around.

Also, I just rebuilt my arc witch on standard into a build like this and its been super fun. Have you considered swapping conductivity for projectile weakness? The ball counts as projectile damage, and the curse increases enemy damage taken, so the boost is multiplicative. You also get an extra ~25% knockback, which was good enough for me to swap knockback out for blind (super defensive). You probably wont want to go that far, since you seem to really love the high chance you're running, but the curse on its own is still a good choice if you have the dex for it.
Last edited by PseudoDragon on Aug 6, 2014, 11:47:38 AM
according to Garena data BL got
5% crit (from 4%)
and around 20% more dmg at lvl 20

my build is a non-crit one so the first change i do not care but second one is a very very nice

tried a lot of tentative builds and still havent found one that i like

issues that ill have to solve/decide on

- replenish 40 strength gone due to removal of life/str clusters. this is actually huge deal for my build
- lightning cluster (THE cluster) - costs a lot of points to get it and witch AOE nodes and witch life nodes.. lots of wasted points
- less 'spell damage' (thanks Crown of Badbalance!) means that 'added chaos' is even less interesting option
- should i go for Scion AOE nodes?

and the most important - mana/EB/AA interaction. this is still unknown and it is pretty much essential. if EB/AA is less interesting - hello CI!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info