[2.1 Ghazzy - Summoner Guides] Low Budget Builds

I see, u switch Purity of fire for Anger. Why? :)
ElysiumGate POE Klán:
http://www.pathofexile.com/guild/profile/91153

IGN: RedDuh
Hello Ghazzy!
I've been playing your build on the rampage league after getting bored on my flameblaster, and I must say, I am having a blast! ;)

I wonder if you could help me out abit;
I want to try get this character ready for atziri, I am wondering if my current setup would be enough to do it, and if not, what the main things are that i should fix.

gear

I got around 7ex worth of currency, am I right in thinking best upgrade would be a 6L staff? is it mandatory for atziri? I know it's going to make a big difference as I do not run empower on it currently. Anything else that I missed or should upgrade? I still miss a couple of ex for the staff!

I am familiar with the fight and everything, but this is such a totally different concept of playing, don't really want to waste sets for nothing.

Vaals have shitty hp on regular, one flameblast ignite can already kill one by accident, how do you cope with SRS dps on this, do you just power through it?

Mini bosses, I suppose it's not a huge deal to lose a portal over it on regular atleast, but spectres surviving this fight seems such a crapshoot to me, any reliable way to have them survive?

Last but not least, I am lvl 86 atm, how mandatory are the 3 witch flask nodes for atziri? I know how good they are from other chars, but can you live without them?

Thank you in advance for answering :)
"
sandor555 wrote:

Since surviving a normal flameblast from her is not a problem even without it. I was forced to use PoF due to lack of Fire resistance that my new belt solved for me.
This is due to my gloves never reaching the point where they were needed enough to be finished (in terms of crafting BiS Gloves).

I am using Vaal Skellies for the trio boss and tripple Vaal Haste for Atziri that blows her away.

"
falagar112 wrote:
Hello Ghazzy!
I've been playing your build on the rampage league after getting bored on my flameblaster, and I must say, I am having a blast! ;)

I want to try get this character ready for atziri, I am wondering if my current setup would be enough to do it, and if not, what the main things are that i should fix.

gear

I got around 7ex worth of currency, am I right in thinking best upgrade would be a 6L staff? is it mandatory for atziri? I know it's going to make a big difference as I do not run empower on it currently. Anything else that I missed or should upgrade? I still miss a couple of ex for the staff!

I am familiar with the fight and everything, but this is such a totally different concept of playing, don't really want to waste sets for nothing.

Vaals have shitty hp on regular, one flameblast ignite can already kill one by accident, how do you cope with SRS dps on this, do you just power through it?

Mini bosses, I suppose it's not a huge deal to lose a portal over it on regular atleast, but spectres surviving this fight seems such a crapshoot to me, any reliable way to have them survive?

Last but not least, I am lvl 86 atm, how mandatory are the 3 witch flask nodes for atziri? I know how good they are from other chars, but can you live without them?

I would personally ignore Evangelists for atziri map in general with the experienced i've recived.
Personally I believe that +2 5L staff is enough for regular atziri if the gems are high lvl enough 18/20+ (SRS being 20/20). However, I failed to find your spell totem + arc in your lineup? Where do you provide EE that is a HUGE dmg booster for your SRS?
After carefully looking at your gear i would feel safe to say that my personal point of view on this attempt of yours is to head over the HB version of this build when it comes to links but stick with CI. (Keep in mind that cold res is not something you'd need).

Also, i would remove the Topaz Flask. I don't ever use it as it just isn't worth it. If you get hit by a lightning strike (at least in uber) you will die, even with that up. They are the easiest spell to dodge of her abilities so get rid of that and add Rumis Concoction instead.

You also have to keep in mind that I have never tried Atziri with this undergeared type of playstyle, so you would in the end have to try your way through. The build is a glass-cannon and requires careful planning and execution. Specially for the trio-boss.
And from personal experiences make sure to un-equip your Vaal Summon Skeletons after the trio-boss as it is completely useless for the Atziri fight herself. You will want to guarantee Vaal Haste(-s preferably) to be filled.

Hope my feedback and reasoning will help you, feel free to post back your results on the attempt!
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Hey Ghazzy, dday_0612 here from your Twitch.

I am level 64 now with my summoner. I am doing a bit of a mix between your LB and MB builds. Not yet sure if I will go CI or EB.

My question is this: When does this character start to shine? I was thinking by this level my SRS would be ultra strong (it is currently in a 6L Tabula Rasa). I am doing fine, but the dps seems much lower than my arc shadow at the same level. My gems are level 16 or so at this point.

Let me know what I should expect.

Thanks!
"
dday_0612 wrote:

I am level 64 now with my summoner. I am doing a bit of a mix between your LB and MB builds. Not yet sure if I will go CI or EB.

My question is this: When does this character start to shine? I was thinking by this level my SRS would be ultra strong (it is currently in a 6L Tabula Rasa). I am doing fine, but the dps seems much lower than my arc shadow at the same level. My gems are level 16 or so at this point.

Thanks!

The +3 Staff is a HUGE dps increase. I don't know what to expect using the setup in a tabula only.
And it starts to shine when you use 4L to lvl with (if not tabula) at lvl 31. You can really see how OP the build is.

You can also as i am doing in hardcore atm, ignore zombies/spectres and use spell totem skeletons instead and the SRS will rape everything (simmilar to the HB version). Don't forget EE with spell totem + arc, which is why im running Ancestral Bond currently whilst lvling in Beyond. I feel that this tactic might be smoother and easier to play than to mix around with zombie/skeletons in the LB/MB stages.
Last edited by Ghazzy on Sep 20, 2014, 1:43:28 PM
"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
dday_0612 wrote:

Thanks!

The +3 Staff is a HUGE dps increase. I don't know what to expect using the setup in a tabula only.
And it starts to shine when you use 4L to lvl with (if not tabula) at lvl 31. You can really see how OP the build is.

You can also as i am doing in hardcore atm, ignore zombies/spectres and use spell totem skeletons instead and the SRS will rape everything (simmilar to the HB version). Don't forget EE with spell totem + arc, which is why im running Ancestral Bond currently whilst lvling in Beyond. I feel that this tactic might be smoother and easier to play than to mix around with zombie/skeletons in the LB/MB stages.

Thanks Ghazzy, it is early in this build, so I will be testing a lot of stuff.

Also, I havent yet picked up the two bunches of skill extension (+25,10,10 to skill duration) passives yet. I guess those two are going to make my dps increase a ton as they will almost double the amount of raging spirits I have out and fighting. Am I assuming correctly?
Spoiler
"
dday_0612 wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
dday_0612 wrote:

Thanks!

Thanks Ghazzy, it is early in this build, so I will be testing a lot of stuff.

Also, I havent yet picked up the two bunches of skill extension (+25,10,10 to skill duration) passives yet. I guess those two are going to make my dps increase a ton as they will almost double the amount of raging spirits I have out and fighting. Am I assuming correctly?

Absolutely correct dday :)
I will be adding my Beyond (hardcore) build as soon as i drop Atziri :)
"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
sandor555 wrote:

Since surviving a normal flameblast from her is not a problem even without it. I was forced to use PoF due to lack of Fire resistance that my new belt solved for me.
This is due to my gloves never reaching the point where they were needed enough to be finished (in terms of crafting BiS Gloves).

I am using Vaal Skellies for the trio boss and tripple Vaal Haste for Atziri that blows her away.

"
falagar112 wrote:
Hello Ghazzy!

gear

I would personally ignore Evangelists for atziri map in general with the experienced i've recived.
Personally I believe that +2 5L staff is enough for regular atziri if the gems are high lvl enough 18/20+ (SRS being 20/20). However, I failed to find your spell totem + arc in your lineup? Where do you provide EE that is a HUGE dmg booster for your SRS?
After carefully looking at your gear i would feel safe to say that my personal point of view on this attempt of yours is to head over the HB version of this build when it comes to links but stick with CI. (Keep in mind that cold res is not something you'd need).

Also, i would remove the Topaz Flask. I don't ever use it as it just isn't worth it. If you get hit by a lightning strike (at least in uber) you will die, even with that up. They are the easiest spell to dodge of her abilities so get rid of that and add Rumis Concoction instead.

You also have to keep in mind that I have never tried Atziri with this undergeared type of playstyle, so you would in the end have to try your way through. The build is a glass-cannon and requires careful planning and execution. Specially for the trio-boss.
And from personal experiences make sure to un-equip your Vaal Summon Skeletons after the trio-boss as it is completely useless for the Atziri fight herself. You will want to guarantee Vaal Haste(-s preferably) to be filled.

Hope my feedback and reasoning will help you, feel free to post back your results on the attempt!

Right, so I switched some gems around and added EE/arc totem, ditched the pets, running 3x vaal haste, 1x vaal skeletons, 1x vaal disc now, switching the skeletons after trio bosses for a 2nd vaal disc (should I run a curse instead?)

atziri on farm, not totally without deaths yet (i should have streamed some, i had some hilarious wipes) but it feels very repeatable!

I also upgraded my staff -

Need to 6 link this beauty now for empower linking :)

6 linking this would obviously be the biggest dps upgrade i can get right now, but how about after this, what should I focus on?
21/20 SRS gem -> lvl 4 empower -> shavs is what I got left to upgrade, what would be the biggest dps increase after the gem, +1 gem level from empower or the ability to run generosity+hatred+anger from shavs?
wow! nice staff! :)
ElysiumGate POE Klán:
http://www.pathofexile.com/guild/profile/91153

IGN: RedDuh

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info