[2.1 Ghazzy - Summoner Guides] Low Budget Builds

Shavs is the biggest DPS uppgrade and then 6L if you want to look at it that way. The cost difference is there as well.

I would not recommend using Vaal Disc the way you do, instead do it this way:
Fill Vaal Skellies before trio and make sure to fill at least 1 Vaal Haste before that fight. Once they are filled you fill the rest of your Vaal Hastes (2 more). When they are filled thats when you switch Vaal Skellies for Vaal Discipline and fill that up.

After trio boss that should only require Vaal Skellies + 1 Vaal Haste, you completely remove Vaal Skellies and make sure to guarantee yourself all 3 Vaal Hastes filled. Once you hit that stage you fil Vaal Discipline as a safety addition, cause if you die it could be somewhat hard to get back in to the strategy rotation (at least thats the issue i have in uber sometimes) and the easiest way of solving it is by having Vaal Discipline or Vaal Haste but you don't want to waste a Vaal Haste like that.

And of course when all Vaal Auras are filled if you have more Vaal Hastes or more Vaal Disciplines it isn't a bad idea to fill them up and leave in your inventory if you have that possibility.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
"
Ghazzy wrote:
Shavs is the biggest DPS uppgrade and then 6L if you want to look at it that way. The cost difference is there as well.

I would not recommend using Vaal Disc the way you do, instead do it this way:
Fill Vaal Skellies before trio and make sure to fill at least 1 Vaal Haste before that fight. Once they are filled you fill the rest of your Vaal Hastes (2 more). When they are filled thats when you switch Vaal Skellies for Vaal Discipline and fill that up.

After trio boss that should only require Vaal Skellies + 1 Vaal Haste, you completely remove Vaal Skellies and make sure to guarantee yourself all 3 Vaal Hastes filled. Once you hit that stage you fil Vaal Discipline as a safety addition, cause if you die it could be somewhat hard to get back in to the strategy rotation (at least thats the issue i have in uber sometimes) and the easiest way of solving it is by having Vaal Discipline or Vaal Haste but you don't want to waste a Vaal Haste like that.

And of course when all Vaal Auras are filled if you have more Vaal Hastes or more Vaal Disciplines it isn't a bad idea to fill them up and leave in your inventory if you have that possibility.

Right so a shavs beats the added levels on SRS from empower, or would you remove melee splash from the 5 link with a shavs?

This is how I handle my vaal skills;
I start with vaal skeletons, vaal disc, and 3x vaal haste.
I don't use anything on vaal bosses - first one dies before 2nd even activates, and 2nd dies before he gets a spell off generally, it's very easy. They are generally not charged anyways.
I have all 5 vaal skills charged at trio boss, but I only use vaal skeletons on it, no haste and generally no disc (sometimes i need a disc for when my spirits decide to kill melee guys first)
Trio bosses are very easy for me, I don't use your kill order either (i tried and found it alot harder), i kill titty bitch first, she dies when others are busy fighting skeletons, then i keep the whirlwind guy last. Since i have no pets he can kill with his chaos dmg and im immune to it myself, and he hits like a pussy compared to the dualstriker who can easily kill me with just 7.2k ES.
Just requires a bleed flask and keeping an eye out on the debuff really!
Generally speaking, trio bosses die before they are done fighting my skeletons, without haste. So at this point I already have a disc and triple haste charged before last room/atziri, and just have to charge that 2nd disc I run.

I have had 2 runs out of ~15 where my vaal skeletons missed one or two charges before trio, which is something you dont want to happen on uber but i can deal with it on normal, but i never ever not had my vaal hastes/discs charged for atziri herself this way.

edit: i have more issues at the split phase on atziri - around 75% of the time the one i focus dies before she gets off more then a single spell, and its all fine. That other 25% it is low hp, i get tons of spells on me, and have to kite around, generally not finding the spot to regen ES (god damn bleed all the time) or push more spirits to finish it off. And then if I do die, I have to start the fight mid split phase, and thats a pain in the ass!

It doesn't help that half the flameblasts you move your ass out of with quicksilver/vaal haste up, you desync back in or they somehow still hit you!
You having 2.5k more ES then me really makes a difference, the moments you go low, I die :p
Last edited by falagar112 on Sep 25, 2014, 12:54:16 PM
The moments i go low, is in Uber.
In standard she dies and i tank flameblasts if they ever go off. It's the lightning strikes you want to worry about. with 7k ES and caped fire res, you should be able to survive 2 flameblasts with ease.

So I am literally saying, yes you should facetank flameblasts and keep spamming spirits to knock the clone bitch off. If theres a lightning strike, you have to run.

Also, with 3 Vaal Hastes you use 1 for each phase change and she should be dead without any problems what so ever. If you link them with inc duration they last 15.84 seconds. If not they last 11.4 seconds that is in most cases enough to go through 2 split phases which should happen AT LEAST once during the atziri fight. (As she has 4 split phases before she dies). So with Vaal Haste up there shouldnt be a problem for you to drop Regular Atziri even if you had to run from a double flame blast to then run back in position recast spell totem + arc (you can precast desecrate/flesh offering when you are safe waiting for double flameblast to blow), for the clone phase. Cause with Vaal Haste that is always going to be enough for you to down regular atziri before her lightning strikes goes off.

Make sure to never use Splash on boss fights, always switch it for added fire. Vaal Discipline is a very nice way of making you tank double flameblast, lightning strike (not more than 1 though, and care for flameblasts after getting shocked) during clone phase. Never ever tank a yellow lightning strike even with vaal disc up.
Now I am a bit lost here :)

yeah you are right I facetank everything, just sometimes I do get that third flameblast that kills me if i play to reckless. Which is weird since most of the times the clone dies before she can get a 2nd off let alone 3.

But whats more interesting is that you say i should swap out melee splash for added fire (i assume - for empower? as I run a 5L)
reason is.. I tried this and I had alot of zombies heal her during sacrifice phase, while with melee splash not a single one comes through. Maybe this is just lack of dps from my side? My SRS is only lvl23 after all.

Edit: Just did an atziri run, swapped out splash for added fire on her... damn i feel dumb now, you're right, a zombie or two healing her is no issue at all compared to how much of a joke the split phase became xD
Last edited by falagar112 on Sep 26, 2014, 6:37:23 AM
I didn't manage to kill it yet but letting zombies heal atziri seemed totally not a problem to me.
If she heals she will just get in solo phase for longer, and usually i manage to dps/dodge pretty efficiently in this phase just by staying really far.

And yes split phase looks like a dps check to me. If you need to start moving dodging you end up spending 80% of the time dodging and outputting very few dps. I fail to do the things I see in vids with my 5l +3 and 20/20 srs.

Next try when i reach 91 for me ^^.

Glad to see so many people hitting atziri with my build:) Keep it up!

Yeah as I've said several times, always remove splash with added fire to go single target DPS. When you reach 6L there wont be any zombies healing her at least not in regular. In uber she gets a few zombies in but when she goes from 100% to 0% in single phase in less than 0.5sec it doesnt matter if she got healed ;P
I did quite some adaptations to your build although it's been quite inspirational. More like a mix between yours, matrixfactor and some personal changes

Your high budget is probably really optimized, but i think at least the medium one could use some tweaking.
1) I ditched zombies/specters, too slow and clunky compared to srs and i don't really need them in any map. I used some for leveling, but after that, resummoning seemed to slow me down more than anything else. There's such a gap between medium and high (shav...) that I feel that medium should be considered as some kind of end game build and i don't think zombies fits too well in it.
2) having ditched zombies/specters allowed me to use a lot of good stuff immortall call (4l), vaal haste, arctic armor, sometimes vaal disc, spell totem-arc, hatred-gen + disc + clarity + haste for auras.
3) Don't have shav, don't wanna go CI i like instant pots too much, i think hybrid is better for shitty situations if you don't have godly ES because you can get 3k health for each pot you carry (emptying them), more if you kill stuff (not for 1hit ko but for anything else).
4) I like some of your tree choice though, not taking double curse, going right at the bottom of the tree... too much life on matrix one

However, for atziri, i was thinking that i can totally remove my immortal call gloves which are useless there.
I was thinking like:
- zombie + life + minion res + specter or
- zombie + life + minion res + empower
Only have level 2 empower, won't be in helmet cause i wear an alpha, and my zombies are level 20 but no quality (barely use them so i never vendored them).
Does this provide any distraction for atziri or it this worthless as it seems they will die fast?
I really don't know how to improve those 4 useless slot to do split phase more smoothly.
So far this phase is quite in panic mode.
Last edited by Squirrel_of_doom on Sep 26, 2014, 11:19:09 AM
I think you will do best in poping in to my stream and ask that question or preferably pm me in-game when you see me so i can somewhat demonstrate/show you when i explain as it is a lot of things to go through on that question!
I dont Get it, why should Melee PH Damage should be better then Increased Minion Damage?? Melee PH Damage only applies to the Physical damage which SRS Does but they do 3 Kinds of Damage (Physical, Fire, Burning) So would Minion Damage Increase all 3 Types instead of just Physical. Or am I Wrong?
Made my 1000 rampage (it caps at a 1000..) on a 74 gorge map, solo. This is the first char I play where all I (try to) do is run after my spirits trying to keep up haha.

Also Atziri... once I stopped being dumb and swapped out splash for added fire, I can say I got this on farm status, doing the fight in no time - I think the sacrifice phase lasts longer then the rest of the fight together - and more importantly, not dying anymore. Not really using my vaal discs anymore either, they are great as a backup ohshit moment, but seems the better I get at executing the fight, the less ohshit moments I get myself into.

great build, really. Clearing a LOT faster then my geared legacy BoR/WoE acrobatics main on standard, and still got so much left to upgrade, since the spirits are only at level 23 atm.

Now if only she would start dropping mortal hopes, 20 kills give or take, not a single hope (or sceptre for that matter) :(

edit: A'alai last, manmode on :) - Shitty boss aggroed my skeletons before my spirits did somehow, and spirits went completely nuts killing the melee guys in a few seconds before I even had a chance to stop attacking. Result: one angry titty bitch remaining, that was fun :)

also: I noticed on your uber video, you are using Elemental Weakness coupled with curse remove flasks for more dps. Are you still running this or decided to ditch it? Also why EW and not Vulnerability?
Last edited by falagar112 on Sep 27, 2014, 11:51:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info