We're Adding a Hardcore One-month Event!

I did not really care about the league beeing "only SC" before, even though i only play HC leagues normaly > it did not bother me at all.

- However!

Due to public demmand, you (GGG) changed your mind and throw in a HC version aswell.

Love it!

- Obivously proven that once again; You listen to the community.

From the bottom of my heart.
- Thank you!
zzZzzzZzzZz
THANK YOU :)
"
ripnburn69 wrote:
Softcore vs Hardcore Enough!

Everyone is entiteled to their opinion, but there has been allot more than opinions.

I was disappointed as allot of people yesterday morning when I checked the news post with my first cup of coffee. No Hard Core? Not because I wanted to play it, but because I knew allot of people were going to be very disappointed.

I have been reading this thread, and the original one in my spare moments, trying to get to the end.

I never did but I read enough to know.

That there are allot of people that owe other people apologies :)

I consider myself an average player I have played two softcore challenge leagues now. I play at least 2 hours a day, more If I can. On weekends I might not see the sun. I even took time off work, for the start of ambush. I have had tremendous fun and learned allot about the game.

The reality is sometimes I just can't think fast enough, or move my fingers fast enough to keep from dying.

I respect hardcore players, because quite frankly I wish I was that good. I watch their streams and their videos to keep up with the meta, get ideas, and learn. If you want to learn you learn from the best.

I enjoy theory crafting, and I try to balance defense and damage. The notion that softcore players don't care about dying is not true. If your character dies allot end game it will not level! I enjoy the constant challenge of gearing up during the game, I like the story, and I love running maps. Planning and leveling my current build gives me something to think about all day besides my boring mundane job.

Seeing all that disappear because I made one of my many mistakes is unacceptable. Like I said I'm average at video games.

I also am a armature racer so I know the thrill of one life. I enjoy hardcore racing allot, you get adrenaline that just don't happen any other way. I'm not any good at it but I hope to get a Three Dragons to use in a build next challenge league. But leveling a character for weeks and losing it all to my middle aged slow fingers? I like my hardcore in very small doses.

That's whats so great about this game. No matter what you enjoy about it, it is yours to enjoy however you see fit.

So I am tremendously happy that GGG has once again almost instantly responded to the people that enjoy their game so much.

well said bro.......sums up exactly what I wanted to say

there should be no them vs us - HC vs SC......we are all just one community of gamers who play POE (in whatever way we want) because its an awesome game designed by people who listen to that community

...once again thanks GGG
"
Tzaina wrote:
I did not really care about the league beeing "only SC" before, even though i only play HC leagues normaly > it did not bother me at all.

- However!

Due to public demmand, you (GGG) changed your mind and throw in a HC version aswell.

Love it!

- Obivously proven that once again; You listen to the community.

From the bottom of my heart.
- Thank you!

+1

I was ok with the SC, but both is for everyone a great deal to enjoy their own playstyle

GGG listen to the folks

T H A N K S !!!
So where is our self found league?
"
Avu wrote:

I'd sign up for this in a heartbeat, as that's my preferred gaming style. Trading isn't fun and the extra time spent on inventory management when passing things between characters also isn't fun. I'd rather go gaming instead.

But, I think that you and I and about 4 or 5 others might have that league to ourselves. As much as I'd personally enjoy that gaming environment, I don't see a business case for GGG offering it.

If GGG ever did want to try it out, then they could slightly increase the drop rates for rares and uniques, up until about early merciless. That way, self found characters could gear up for merciless with a little less grind and it might even become a popular league.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Jul 8, 2014, 1:17:33 PM
"
Avu wrote:

they are both self found league. The first 1-3 days all the top ladder players will be self-found

Now you properly wrapping you head around and thinking about some clever whine comeback. But dont just accept you suck and no self-found league will change that
It is great to play a game whose authors listen to people who play it, thank you GGG, you score!
IGN: Talisman - PodivneHnedyBanan
They did it exactly as I asked! Adding a hardcore league and keeping the softcore league as well was definitely the best solution. It also keeps the HC and SC communites from lashing out at eachother lol
"
they are both self found league. The first 1-3 days all the top ladder players will be self-found

Not by any Chance!
Of cause there will be trades even 20 minutes in!
Most of them will be bro deals but if you want to have an edge you go ham for trading as early as possible.

"
Now you properly wrapping you head around and thinking about some clever whine comeback. But dont just accept you suck and no self-found league will change that

I will do it for him instead.
Noone of us selffounders will be whining, because we don't have a shot at the top of the ladder. We perfectly know that ourselves. It is not even the slightest of interest to me, to be "the best" in a one month league. Execpt for trading and whoring around selling Vall kills in cruel or some dull shit, you need be in the race for at least 8 hours a day to be at the Top.

No rational human beeing can afford to do so.

@Avu and @Journey:

Perhaps you want to add me to your FL. I hate to be asked an items "worth" any 2 mins.
We will see how far we can go this league!
What about monster golf? Hit it HARD - go find it - Hit it hard again :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info