We're Adding a Hardcore One-month Event!

"
Hooray for HC but I was hoping it would be a 1 month race to help add the the season goals. Now I'm not sure I want to participate or just do normal races and take a break till the xpac is ready.

This is awesome. people wanted the HC 1 month and now we got people crying about how its not part of the race calendar and others cry about how regular HC league will be empty and so on.

Should not have given in GGG, What were you guys thinking? Just tell them how it is.

The 1 month SC made sense, enough people here are SC players. The 1 month HC sucks out the life of the regular HC league though and the people there already complain about no one being in trade chat or partying and such.

Bad move i tell you.
"
"
Hooray for HC but I was hoping it would be a 1 month race to help add the the season goals. Now I'm not sure I want to participate or just do normal races and take a break till the xpac is ready.

This is awesome. people wanted the HC 1 month and now we got people crying about how its not part of the race calendar and others cry about how regular HC league will be empty and so on.

Should not have given in GGG, What were you guys thinking? Just tell them how it is.

The 1 month SC made sense, enough people here are SC players. The 1 month HC sucks out the life of the regular HC league though and the people there already complain about no one being in trade chat or partying and such.

Bad move i tell you.

Please dont make this any worse. We dont want GGG to become like Blizz. Please apriciate the work GGG is doin for us. Dont give them hard times for being there for the players. Thats really low and lame.

GOOD JOB GGG! Whatever you decide, I root for you!
"
HirostarFTW wrote:
"
"

Bad move i tell you.

Please dont make this any worse. We dont want GGG to become like Blizz. Please apriciate the work GGG is doin for us. Dont give them hard times for being there for the players. Thats really low and lame.

So, if there was no 1 month HC, you would still be happy?
"
"
HirostarFTW wrote:
"

Bad move i tell you.

So, if there was no 1 month HC, you would still be happy?

I would still be happy. I actually rooted for the other leauge, since I want a bigger playerbase in 1 leauge. Tho, I would be upset if GGG just ignored all the requests. GGG is doin a amazing job, and 1 day, you will feel that to, when they do something you want. But if you dont support them, that day will never come. GGG is here for the players since day 1. Lets support that right? [/quote]
Could anyone tell me what happens to the characters after the event finishes?
Do they get transfered to void league or standard/hardcore respectively?
Thought i get a free month from PoE, but now you denied it.
Spoiler
"
"
SW_Bonobo wrote:

If you play in a hardcore environment it is a part of your skillset to know, WHEN you NEED to logout and when to stay in the game.
This is exspecially true for Races. If you logout, you keep your Char, but you lose time to compete against others.

Isn't that kind of like dying in standard then? You log out (die in standard) and lose time to other racers while you get yourself re-situated. Be it a few seconds or a minute, it is not easy to catch up when you fall behind and everyone is gunning for you place in line.

No, it is not, as you can set TPs if you die in Standard, the loss you have compared to a Racer who logged is quite the difference.

Just for example:

You are playing a Race and have to Logout at Brutus.

The Softcore player opened a TP in front of Brutus and looses about 5 seconds.

The Hardcore player instead is frustrated because he recognizes, that the last WP he took was in Ledge. He therefore looses about 10 mins.

Even if the softcore player didn't open a TP, he looses far less time because you can resurrect at the last checkpoint.

On top of that races are competitive Events. It's no intended Strategy to die quickly for example to refill your flasks or safe a TP to check vendors.

I played Softcore nearly all of my 8 year D2 career. I know all those dirty little helpers! :D

What about monster golf? Hit it HARD - go find it - Hit it hard again :D
Last edited by SW_Bonobo on Jul 9, 2014, 8:06:14 AM
cool
Oh my god, I never thought GGG would have folded and added hardcore so soon after the announcement.

Best game company of all time right here, folks.
Its discrimation, you do everything for hardcore. Why other events havent soft version, I died on disconection on charity event (lvl 66), if there would be soft version I wouldnt risk because my bad connection. :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info